Still working on my first fic (I'm busy, lazy and drowning in plotbunnies).
I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter fiction. I spend most of my time here on that.
I also like Kim Possible, Doctor Who and Firefly fics .
I Have quite a few favorite stories on other sites. Here's the links to some of them. (I hope I've done nothing against the rules by posting these links. If I have please let me know right away)
Happily Ever After - by Jeconais A classic tail of how a Princess got her Prince. And how they changed the world. Another Jeconais masterpiece: Amazing plot, great characters, original ideas and amazing humor and charm! (it's also one of the best Harry/Gabrielle stories, the other two also being his!) (Rated T)
Harry's Seventh Year - by Metafrantic (Part one linked) It's a huge, very unique story following canon up to HBP. (NC-17)
Quote: This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at 30 paces, whether you want it to or not, actually, so I've learned to stay away from hens. It's not pretty when they blow.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans... --
I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
If you ship Harry/Hermione, cut and paste this into your signature:
Let’s start a new, even more inane, internet trend.
(for an explanation of what this means, you have to read this fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4001250/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Curse_of_the_Ovis