Author has written 5 stories for Breath of Fire, Alundra, and Azure Dreams.
Current News: 31 July 2015
Yes, I finally posted something after two entire months from my last update! I was supposed to post last month, but you know, getting married didn't exactly leave me with much spare time or writing mood, and going on a honeymoon gave me lazyitis! But you probably already know if you've been keeping an eye out on my Tumblr. xD
I still don't really write much now though; most one-shots for Azure Dreams: Monsbaiyan Tales are already written sometime last year, so all it takes is a quick edit and upload to get it up on FF (dot) net. But my Tumblr writing challenges are another thing... I could spin something random up, but my semi-OCD inner editor insists on a full story / chapter each time I write, so I just haven't really written anything. :(
Well, then I suppose this is a good time to be playing a whole lot of video games! xD
Update Note: If you find I haven't been posting here for a while, I might be busy elsewhere, like my weekly writing challenge on Tumblr, or chances are I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo. Or maybe I lost my sense of time and, well, forgot. x_x
Azure Dreams: Monsbaiyan Tales
Total Chapters: 14
Works in Progress:
(Too many to list...)
1. A uber Dragon lover. So don’t expect a story with purely evil Dragons! Oh, and a cat lover too. xP
2. A female (mostly RPG previously but now random) gamer. A bit rare still, no?
3. A great lover of Wild Arms composer Michiko Naruke’s music! But I like music from other games too. :D Current favourite song: To the End of the Wilderness and Deployment from Wild Arms / Wild Arms Alter Code: F.
4. A Chinese in Southeast Asia! Surprised?
5. Unfortunately easily distracted. When the PS3 came, there was no writing until I finished Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood at 100%. And then there's Team Fortress 2 and Terraria... x_x
6. Used to be an anime fan, but now just an occasional manga reader. Really, anime episodes are now too longwinded, so much that I end up fast-forwarding too often. I can at least go at my own pace with manga!
7. Not to be confused with another FF.net author called estrelita. Despite having the same name, we’re not related in any way and we’ve been using this name for some time prior to joining FF.net! (I think, at least I did.)
...a lot of novelisations. Why novelisations?
I'm one of the type who is easily moved by game soundtracks. Whenever I listen to soundtracks of a particular game, memories of that game will come rushing into me and I'd feel like revisiting the game again, only that I prefer to read when I don't feel like replaying the game. Unfortunately, a lot of my favourite games don't have a complete novelisation. When I feel like going through a game story again, I'd search for a novelisation... only to find it's not completed. Okay, so I'd search for a game script... and find that there's not even one. x_x
So I decided to take matters into my own hands!
Some games already have official (Japanese) novelisations and manga, for example: Tales series and Suikoden series. While I can't read Japanese novels, I do read English scanlated manga online. I find that these manga tend to rush too much, probably due to the page / volume limitations. So for these games, I still might novelise them... but don't get your hopes too high. xP
It's like a tribute to the games, for gamers and non-gamers alike to enjoy the deep storyline that each of the games present. :D