Author has written 21 stories for Suits, Phantom of the Opera, and Sherlock.
Welcome! Bienvenidos! Herzliche Willkommen!
My penname is Luna Engel, and I'm an on-and-off writer. Because of college, I will mostly be writing one- or two-shots, although if a plot bunny gets me then I might just jump into a longer series. I have a tendency to write a lot during the winter months since I hate cold weather and stay in my house because of it, but you will see some posts during the summer months as well. I've decided to expand the information on here about myself, so I've broken it down into sections so you can skip whatever you might find boring.
Notice: ALL OF MY STORIES have been transferred over from to here. Although I had planned on keeping my stories strictly AO3 because I, quite honestly, prefer how AO3 works over Fanfiction, two of my stories were stolen and posted onto this website. In order to keep this from happening again, I just transferred everything over here. Should I have had to do this? No. Of course not. But where we all are! So I hope you enjoy, and if you see my stories floating around anywhere besides here or my AO3, please report them as stolen and alert me at once.
Beta: I love my BETA. She's an absolute darling who whips me into shape, and I don't know how I ever managed without her.
Beta-ing: Currently, I do not have the time to beta for anyone.
Contacting: I like to think I'm a pretty friendly person, so feel free to PM me about anything. Having a bad day? Send me a message and tell me about it. Love a story you just read? Tell me why. Any thoughts or ideas about what should happen in one of the stories? Explain away. Questions? I'm more than willing to answer them. Just forgive me if I don't get back to you immediately; as I said before, college takes up a lot of my time.
Copyright: I don't put disclaimers in my fanfictions. Why? Because I assume you all are smart enough to know what I've created and what was created by someone else. The only thing I claim copyright over is my plot line, which doesn't really do me much good, and the entire story as a whole. In the past, I have had people steal my stories and try to pass them off as their own. Luckily, I also had some very loyal readers and fans who put those people in their place. So, I guess, this section is here to say: Please don't steal what I've created and worked hard on. Everyone has to start somewhere, even me, and it's just taking a low road.
FanArt: I've also had situations when a scene in a story has inspired an artist to draw it. If such inspiration strikes you, I encourage you by all means to follow it through and post it somewhere. All I ask of you is to post a link to the story that inspired and give credit that way. And make sure to tell me, by the way. Because I lack any drawing ability at all, I always love seeing what others can draw... and being the inspiration for it always makes it a little cooler.
Pairings: Although I'm very open-minded, I prefer to write Slash pairings. It's not that I don't enjoy some good heterosexual companionship, but there's just something about male on male action that makes me swoon. That only doubles if it's an adult male taking care of a younger, smaller male. I read a wide variety of pairings, but I'm very select on the ones I will write. When I make more ventures into different fandoms, I'll update this list.
Phantom of the Opera: The Phantom x Christine Daaé
Reviews: Quite frankly, I'm a review whore. I love any and all reviews; they are what keep me going even when I have writer's block. And the more time you take out to write a review, the more I appreciate it. If you really blow me away with a review, I normally wind up sending you a private message or mentioning you in the Author's Note for the next chapter. Also, you can ask me any questions in the reviews, and you're guaranteed a response (unless you're anonymous... then there's no way I can answer you). So if you're a bit confused about something, please feel free to ask. It helps me understand what I haven't made clear enough in the story.
Reviewing: When I review, I have the motto: Go big or go home. I'm a constructive criticizer and writing a review takes me quite a bit of time. Generally speaking, any problems that I have with a story will be given with an in-text example from the chapter. If something's opinion base, I'll state that before or after giving my opinion. I try my hardest to mix the good with the bad in order to get an evened out review. And please never misunderstand me: if I am reviewing your story, it means I liked it enough to give a toss about writing a review for it... no matter how many grammatical/punctuation errors, typos, etc. I bring up.
Translating: Sometimes, I am offered the very flattering request to translate a story into another language. For future reference, I have the same Code of Conduct for translating as I do Fanart: you're free to translate the story if you wish, but I request that you link the original (AKA my story) and give me credit where credit is due. Also, please tell me if you are going to translate a story. I love being a part of the process and am always baffled by the finished product. Although I can't read it most of the time, it's just awesome to look at. Not only that, but I love hearing what those readers think of the story.
What to Expect:
For those of you who are not familiar with my works, which will probably be most of you since I'm not what one would call a prolific writer on FF.net, I've decided to list a couple of things that you're sure to get with my stories. This is to help you understand my certain tendencies as a writer and get a feel for the stories.
1) Nothing But Slash - As I said before, I mostly write Slash pairings (Hell, even my Gen fics have Slash undertones). I've been writing Slash since I was 14 years old, but none of it was particularly good (not that that stopped me from posting it... which is embarrassing). I can't really explain why, but that's just where my passion lies when writing. However, there will be cases when I write a Het story for FanFiction.
2) Universe Doesn't Mean Canon - 99% of the time, I stay within the universe developed by the original creator. However, that does not mean I will remain canon, and I normally stray from the original plot line anyway. So think of it as an Alternative Universe inside the original creator's pre-developed universe.
3) No Pregnancies - I hate pregnancy stories. They take too much away from the original pairing, and a child normally complicates the matters. And seeing as how I mostly write Slash stories, pregnancy isn't technically possible... even though that doesn't stop people (looking at you, m-preg).
4) It's Coming Along - I never write a complete story before posting. Hell, I don't normally even write a chapter ahead before posting. So there's going to be some delay between chapters, especially when I'm not on break. I apologize now if it takes a while for me to post another chapter, but it will eventually be posted. Please just be patient with me. Writing is my hobby, not my job.
5) Hard Times, Happy Endings - No matter what the main character goes through, no matter how horrible it might be, I will always try to create a happy ending to the story. I don't like reading tragedies, so I definitely don't want to write them.
Unsafe External Link