Author has written 8 stories for Fushigi Yuugi, Inuyasha, and Doctor Who.
Update (Finally...in a way): (11-20-09) Okay, first of all, I don't have a Hidden Paths update--I'm sorry, but explanations follow. However, I still get reviews from generous readers, so I thought I'd answer a few questions posed to me by my reviewers, out of gratitude for their continued interest in my sadly neglected story.
I'm tremendously guilty about leaving Hidden Paths hanging for so long, but my professional career has become very complex, leaving me little time to write. Adding to that, I'm finishing up an original novel (with many Hidden-Path-like elements) with the tiny amount of writing time I still possess.
I know that it's been almost 2 years since I last updated Hidden Paths, but the only thing I can say is that I have neither forgotten nor abandoned this story, and I will get back to it whenever time and life allows me to. In the meantime, here are a few "sneak peeks" at the future of HP and its sequel (yes, I have a sequel planned out to the end) called Bright Blessed Day.
(1) There are only a few chapters left in Hidden Paths--somewhere in the area of 5-7 more chapters. The main purpose of HP is to get the characters in position for the tremendous battles that will make up the third novel, Bright Blessed Day.
(2) The plot really picks up the pace in Bright Blessed Day (BBD). Tamahome becomes a major player in the Swarm storyline, and also the participant in a startling friendship. Tasuki and Miaka's relationship continues to develop as they remain ignorant of Tamahome's survival--much romance and angst ahead for my favorite couple. The Doctor, Chichiri, Magus, and Joss undertake many dangerous missions, and Magus's motives continue to rouse Joss' suspicions. The "triangle" between Hotohori, Nuriko, and Miboshi comes to a head early on in BBD, thanks to Miboshi's sly manipulations.
(3) The other seishi and original characters begin to assume their prominent roles in BBD. Chiriko, Mitsukake, Yui, and the rest of the Tokyo gang will end up assisting the Doctor. Tokaki and Subaru and her family are pivotal figures in the defense of Sairou from Hokkan and the Swarm. Boushin and Empress Houki become central figures in the Konan story, with Boushin taking the reins of Imperial command.
(4) The Genbu Seven and the surviving Byakko warriors (aside from Tokaki and Subaru) drop out of sight after they are featured in Hidden Paths but make a dramatic reappearance toward the end of Bright Blessed Day. The Mount Reikaku bandits also take part in the war, along with the Mount Kaou bandits, but the two gangs are not allies.
(5) As usual, lots of drama, lots of angst (No, really?), and a few spots of comedy, but less comedy as the situation grows dire for both the Universe of the Four Gods and the portal to earth: Tokyo.
Gosh, if only I had the time to write all this down! All I can say is that some day my professional life will stabilize, and then watch out! Hidden Paths will come roaring back to life!
Thank you, and ja ne!
Update: (1-15-08) Hidden Paths has finally been updated on 1-10-08! Honestly, it's a relief to me, especially after all the broken promises over the past year. Thanks so much to the readers who have stuck with me through the long wait; I truly appreciate it!
P.S. This icon of the Eighth Doctor was created by lj user kalijean, and I'm grateful for her talent, since it enables me to share the hotness of the Doctor with you all!
Biography Update: (1-15-08)
Late again! My six-year anniversary as a fiction and fanfiction author passed me by on 1-7-08; luckily, I was finally able to update Hidden Paths only a few days later after an absence of more than a year (hangs head in shame). The good news is that this year IS going to be much better for HP updates! My ambition is to finish this third novel in the White Stones series (so far consisting of White Stones in the Moonlight, Bridge Over the Abyss, and of course, Hidden Paths on a Cloud-Cast Night). Whether I achieve that ambition remains to be seen, but I can promise more updates for certain. You see, with my dithering and constant rewriting of HP 17, I've ended up with two more chapters that I have yet to post; they just need a few paragraphs written in each and some editing and brushing-up.
It's been a wonderful (and scarily fast) six years, and although it may not seem like it to my longtime readers, I've been drawn ever deeper into the world of fiction-writing. Some of my problems with updating have been due not only to increased demands on my personal time, but also to the fact that my rare hours of personal time must now be divided between my fanfiction and my original work. Six years ago, I would've laughed out loud at the thought of ever daring to attempt to write an original novel. But my philosophical coffee cup advises me, "What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" and so I decided to take its advice and leap into the unknown. (Of course I talk to breakfast crockery--doesn't everyone? I even have a yellow cereal bowl with stubby feet that I call Mrs. Potts--and I'm sure your life is better for knowing that little factoid about me, right?)
So yeah, life continues to spin ever faster, and I continue to stumble in my attempts to keep up. But what makes it all worthwhile is interacting with all of you--longtime friends and brand new readers, all of whom have expanded my horizons with your words and critiques and encouragement.
Now for those of you who don't know me, I'm an older-than-average fanfic author (:P) working frantically to juggle the absorbing career of medical research with the demands of my beloved (and wacky) family, all the while struggling to find time for my passion of writing fiction (usually not until 12-2 AM at night.) I love any kind of input on my stories, the longer, the better. You see, I've learned by now that the criticisms that make me wince are often the sharpest instruments that also make me improve. Of course, I won't say no to kind words of encouragement, either. :P
Finally for the important part. I have been a member of this site for 6 years, and as such, I have watched one new restriction after another enacted. For this reason, many of my stories are now offsite, so this is my "links" section to tell you how to find them.
The Fanfic Refugees site is also where I have sequestered the strange little allegorical fic, "The Good Fight." I took it offsite not because it broke any rules, but because it is part of a trilogy of fics (including one by Ryuen) and doesn't really make sense on its own. (I've meant to do this for a long time, and only now caught up with that intention.) So "The Good Fight" is back with its partners on the Fanfic Refugees site.
For the fans of "White Stones in the Moonlight" who wish to read the author analysis that explains various plot points and symbolism used in the story, the Forbidden Author Notes chapters can be found at the following site as Chapters 23 and 24:
|Community:||Hidden Classics of FY Fanfiction|
|Focus:||Anime/Manga Fushigi Yuugi|