Poll: Would you like Percy and Annabeth as 16 or 12 in 'Olympus? Vote Now!
Author has written 30 stories for Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Greek Mythology, Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Silmarillion, Kane Chronicles, and Monty Python.
Hi! My name is Lyra. Welcome to my profile, though you're probably not as interested in me as much as you are in my stories. Or you just played Russian Roulette through the favorite authors list of some writer you liked on the site. I know I do that.
Anyways, I'm derailing horribly. Below is some stuff about me and some other random stuff.
Age: Somewhere between 12 and 14. I'm saying nothing else.
Favorite color: Purple. More specifically, light purple.
Friends on this site: skyatnight13, sranapuma2005, just a little hobbit, and I hope to make some more. Come on, don't make the same mistake as me and shy away from PMing me. I don't bite, unless one morning I do manage to acquire venomous fangs. I'll inform you as soon as I do.
Favorite book(s): I have hundreds, but I'll just write the ones that I actually do write for, or may write some day. Percy Jackson and all of the things in the same universe, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and all supporting books.
Update as of the 21st of July, 2022: I have been very busy lately due to school work. I'm slowly getting back into the PJO Fandom- though it will probably take some time before I can write for it again. Mainly working on LOTR fics.
Update as of the 16th of August, 2022: Because whenever I put myself in Hiatus, new ideas do the loop-de-loop in my head. The stories that are in Hiatus will now have labels in their descriptions.
Update as of the 18th of September 2022: Guess who forgot her own anniversary? Me. As expected. Following the trend of being dangerously late, here are my thanks that will be again echoed in a fic published at the end of September or before it if I can get it done.
To all those who have read, followed, favourited and reviewed: Well, I can only see the names of the latter three, but know that I am more than thankful towards you. Your support has been invaluable. Even if I can get a little late in shoutouts and answering.
I have only one series: Conversations. All of them can stand-alone, are canon-compliant in the most part, and hopefully make the characters interesting and fun to read. Until now, the stories have mostly focused on Erestor and Glorfindel but I plan to branch out. Order of stories given below:
A Midnight Conversation
On the Road to Gondor
More stories to be added...
The 27 commandments of Fanfiction-writing (some of which I have broken many times.)
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given you a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it.
2. Thou shalt not post a chapter of fewer than 100 words unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
3. Thou shalt not put the author's notes in the middle of the story.
4. Thou shalt NEVER use text-speak in a fic unless the characters are actually texting.
5. Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6. Apply the above number 5 to POVs as well.
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8. Thou shalt not use, ;, or :( in fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character.
9. Thou shall try-eth to keep characters in character!
10. Thou shall not treat every criticism as a flame.
11. The author's note is not a spot for your personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12. Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shall not insert thyself into the storyline as thyself or as a character- yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic, we just don't want to read about how you end up with the main character.
15. If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original storyline, point it out in the beginning.
16. Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change (a good reason).
17. Thou shalt show and not tell.
18. Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in-est thine summary. This annoys thine readers.
19. Thou shalt not write the same way thou speak-est- writing is an art.
20. Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly (unless in dialogue). Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise.
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody or b) find a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise, thine readers shalt be confuse-ed.
23. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. THIS INFURIATES BOTH THINE READER AND THE FANFICTION GODS. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason.
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on, it displeases the masses and causes thy readers to lose their vision and make angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before you writeth the fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts them from the story.
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary "summary inside". This shows a lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shall use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.
(Bonus rules-because I can)
28. Thou shall not use links to pictures instead of describing character appearances and scenes. Don't be lazy about this. Please. Links don't always last forever.
29. Thou shalt not add an OC that is overpowered compared to the rest of the characters or that is way too unrealistic.
30. Thou shall write thine fanfic as if writing an actual original story, with regards to everything above.
31. Thou shalt not forget the disclaimer.
32. Thou shalt use capitalization. There is a shift key for good reason.
Erwen Brogiel (10)
High Pot In Noose (12)
Nimbus Llewelyn (60)
The Seven of Us (42)