Author has written 21 stories for Torchwood, Sweeney Todd, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Misc. Plays/Musicals, Doctor Who, Umbrella Academy, Mighty Boosh, Tin Man, Cabaret, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Thor.
Ellie; 19; ginger; Scouser; bilingual; pansexual; tea drinker; procrastinator; Killjoy; Idiot; Avenger; Whovian; Oncer; undergraduate History & English student, and aspiring starving writer who is in serious need of a life.
I left my heart in Manhattan in October 2010, and hope to return and get it back someday. I met the Eighth Doctor and Amanda Palmer in the space of two days in October 2012, and the latter and her Grand Theft Orchestra gave me the best night of my life
You want to know more? All right, you asked for it.
I'm far too cynical for my own good. I play a couple of instruments, I write, and I want to be Amanda Palmer when I grow up. I've been learning French for almost a decade, and as a result of this I have an annoying habit of lapsing into the language de temps en temps. I also know ein bisschen Deutsch, but not a lot as I've only been learning for a year or so. I was born in Liverpool, although I've lived on the other side of the Mersey for my whole life. I lack a Scouse accent, though, so don't get too excited. And as for where I'm going? New York. Paris, maybe. Anywhere but here. I live with my parents and my younger brother, and have a very large and very strange extended family. I also have an odd, wonderfully eclectic bunch of friends.
I'm a first year undergraduate History and English BA Hons student at LJMU, which is a lot of work but can also be a lot of fun. My dream?I want to be a writer, and have done since I was little.
I love writing, and reading, although concentrating on both has been hard recently. I used to play the violin, and now can sort of play the piano, the ukulele and am actually quite decent at playing the guitar. I love anything geeky, especially if it involves a mad man in a blue box.
Recently, I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, which my doctor assumes was triggered by stress and the deaths of two close family members at the beginning of 2011. I also have some social and separation anxiety issues and mild obsessive compulsive tendencies. As well as these, I suffer from bouts of insomnia, and occasionally have panic attacks. I have problems opening up to people I don't know very well, and generally worry far too much about what others think of me. I hate my body. I'm not as good in social situations as people seem to think, and tend to communicate better by writing things down than by saying them out loud (as my boyfriend will attest, if the emails I've sent him when I've been having a thoughtful day are anything to go by). My depressive episodes tend to cause me to become incredibly self-depriciating and pessimistic, and can be very difficult for people around me to deal with. All of this tends to be aggravated by the fact that I have horribly poor physical health which, puts me under quite a lot of stress at certain times. Writing is, and always has been, a very good way to get my head around all of this, and I'm trying to get back into it to aid my recovery somewhat.
My favourite things include (but are not limited to): Tea, books, Doctor Who, writing, musicals, lie-ins, Christina Hendricks, Neil Gaiman, the 1920s, Alan Cumming, the Avengers, Amanda Palmer and being sarcastic.
Fandoms and Pairings:
- Cabaret: Emcee x Everyone, Herman x Helga, Hans x Fritzie, Rosie x Lulu, Sally x Cliff
- Doctor Who: Amy Pond x Rory Williams, Ten x Rose Tyler, Doctor x TARDIS, Eleven x River Song
- The Good Wife: Will Gardner x Alicia Florrick, Eli Gold x Alicia Florrick, Eli Gold x Natalie Flores, Diane Lockhart x Kurt McVeigh
- Marvel Avengers Cinematic Universe: Tony Stark/Iron Man x Pepper Potts, Bruce Banner/The Hulk x Betty Ross, Thor Odinson x Jane Foster, Loki Laufeyson x Sigyn (from the mythology), Steve Rogers/Captain America x Peggy Carter, Clint Barton/Hawkey x Natasha Romanov/Black Widow, Steve Rogers/Captain America x Darcy Lewis
- The Mighty Boosh: Howard Moon x Vince Noir
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Jack Sparrow x Angelica Teach/Malon
- Repo! The Genetic Opera: Graverobber x Shilo Wallace, Graverobber x Amber Sweet, Magdalene Defoe x Marni Wallace, Nathan Wallace x Marni Wallace
- Sherlock: Sherlock Holmes x John Watson, Sherlock Holmes x Molly, Sherlock Holmes x Irene Adler
- Sherlock Holmes: Sherlock Holmes x Irene Adler, Sherlock Holmes x John Watson, John Watson x Mary Watson
- Sweeney Todd: Sweeney Todd x Nellie Lovett, Benjamin Barker x Lucy Barker
- Torchwood: Owen Harper x Toshiko Sato, Jack Harkness x Ianto Jones
- Tin Man: Glitch x DG, Jeb x Azkadellia
- Tron: Legacy: Castor/Zuse x Quorra, Sam Flynn x Quorra, Castor x Gem
- True Blood: Eric x Sookie
- The Umbrella Academy: Diego/Kraken x Vanya/White Violin, Luther/Spaceboy x Allison/Rumor
- The Vampire Diaries: Damon Salvatore x Elena Gilbert, Damon Salvatore x Bonnie, Stefan Salvatore x Elena Gilbert
Working On (slowly):
- Hefna - A Thor/Avengers story.
- Various Cabaret stories.
- Where Broken Compasses Point - A Pirates of the Caribbean story.
- Respite - A Doctor Who story.
- Of Rage And Love - My interpretation of Green Day's American Idiot album.
- Teenage Kicks - An Umbrella Academy story.
- Worlds Collide - A Doctor Who/Torchwood AU crossover, co-written with the incomparable Danny.
- There's No Place Like The Cabaret - A Tin Man/Cabaret revival crossover written for Steph.
- The Healing Process - A Tin Man fic, co-written with Steph.
- Backtrack - A(nother!) Torchwood/Doctor Who AU crossover, co-written with Danny.
- The New Recruit - A Torchwood Story.
- The Necromerchant's Debt - A Repo! The Genetic Opera story.
- The Perils of Reality Television - A Sherlock oneshot.
- An as-yet-untitled oneshot for The Good Wife.
Unsafe External Link