Poll: How would you feel about an oc having a fairly important role in futer chapters of 'To Dream Of A World...? No oc pairings. Vote Now!
Author has written 12 stories for Tsubasa Chronicle, Doctor Who, and Repo! The Genetic Opera.
Good morning, readers!
You may have noticed that I have deleted my story 'To Dream Of A World...' Fear not! I have decided that what I had was...not good enough. That I could do better, I should say. So, it is being revamped and re posted, and will be better than before!
Reasons I Ship KuroFai:
1. Symbolism~ In the manga, Kurogane is associated with the dragon. Ginryuu, his sword has a dragon on it. His Kudan in Hanshin was a dragon. Fai is associated with the phoenix. His tattoo he gave to Yuko was of a phoenix, and his Kudan in Hanshin was a phoenix like creature as well.
In Chinese and Japanese mythology, the phoenix and dragon form a pair of yin/yang complimenting opposites. They specifically represent long and happy marriage.
2. Fai's cloth's in Nihon~ In Kurogane’s Japan, you might have noticed that Fai’s clothes are a bit different from the rest of the male characters. Do a little research, and you will find out that Fai was not, in fact, in men’s clothes at all. Rather he is depicted in a Furisode, a Japanese Kimono only ever worn by women. It is specifically worn by young women who have become or marriage.
3. Fai's eyes~ I am not referring to Tokyo, or to the recent events in Clow.
4. Fai's nicknames~ Fai admits to Yuko that he always meant to call Kurogane by his name, but it was just so fun to call him nicknames. He switches to Kurogane because he can't forgive him, if he did they would get even closer. So, it seems Fai was teasing and flirting from day one.
5. CLAMP's history~ I mean, these are the women who brought us Tokyo Babylon, X 1999, and Legal Drug. Enough said!
6. Tsubasa Character Guide~ There is a page in the Tsubasa Character Guide (will do my best to find a link) in which Mokona asks Fai for advice on how to win Kurogane's love! Fai quickly answers that you should try things like: give him a big kiss to wake him up in the morning, and whisper sweet nothings in his ear. Keep in mind, this is the official character guide.
7. All those splash pages~ Seriously, this is a bit more circumstantial than the others, but the splash pages have several interesting points. Like the text on those that feature only Kurogane and Fai, things about there being bond between them, or linking their swords forever. Or all the KuroFai splash pages in general. Another point, Fai and Sakura's clothing often matches. This might sound odd, but hear me out. Pick a given splash page that features all four of them, end there will probably be similarities between Sakura and Fai's clothing and Kurogane and Syaorans clothing. There are also a few more instances of Fai in Furisode sleeves. My point? While not exactly KuroFai, it dose seem that CLAMP is establishing the 'boys' and the 'girls'. And I am quite sure that four Japanese woman aren't accidentally dressing Faiin Japanese women's cloth's.
Unsafe External Link