Author has written 39 stories for Naruto, Final Fantasy VII, Yu-Gi-Oh, Batman, Batman Begins/Dark Knight, Final Fantasy VIII, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Ball Z, Death Note, Angel, and Inuyasha.
My name is Crystilia Illix Aerosine. Aka C.I.A.. Aka Jane Silver (pen name).
I'm getting pretty old now, but that won't be making it's way onto my profile. I'm a writer, photographer, photoshop guru, and a crazed lunatic. Honestly, I am. I usually lurk around on my phone, which up until yesterday I couldn't write reviews on. So now that I can write reviews, you may see me leaving them on some of your stories without logging in, I'll just use Crystilia Aerosine as my name.
I read a lot of fanfiction. In fact, I've found that I can't find a suitable read anywhere but fanfiction! I used to read plenty of books, but they're all so similar and carbon copy nowadays. How many versions of Twilight can you have on the market at once? I've seen like twenty different books about the same thing, vampires, for sale. This made up the entire book section of the store. I was dismayed.
I champion for the rights of vampires. Gone are the days when vampires turned into piles of dust upon meeting sunlight. Gone are the days of the iconic stake. It's painful to watch. I have no grudge against Stephanie Meyer, but vampires that sparkle? No thank you. I much prefer the demonic, blood sucking, fiends that vampires once were, creatures that would bite their human lovers on the throat and turn them whether they agreed or not. Vladislav the Impaler (Dracula) would be ashamed.
I have few pet peeves, that I would love to help people correct (gently of course). If you find yourself being one of the people below, I simply suggest you invest in a good beta. It would make a world of difference in the popularity of your stories (in other words, grammar nazis like myself would read too).
Here starts the writer-improvement rant, please take none of this personally.
- Starting story titles with lower case letters. I will NOT read a story like that. It's just a friggin' capital! (Ex. modern warfare opposed to Modern Warfare)
- No punctuation or capitalization in the story. One sentence in and I see this, I'm racing for the backspace. (Ex. "one day johnny bought an apple and gave it to susie" opposed to "One day, Johnny bought an apple and gave it to Susie.")
- Telling the reader you're no good at writing a summary or trying to convince the reader it will be "better than it sounds". Well it doesn't make your story telling abilities look good either.
- Mystery pairings. Some people may still read it, but I like to know what I'm in for before I commit to a couple hours of reading.
- Too many misspelled words. I understand that some misspelling is going to happen, and I usually read right over it. But really, if all you have to work with is a program without spell checker, look for one online. I had to write an entire story in Wordpad once, and lacked a spell checker. So I found a free one online. It makes it so much easier for the reader.
- No knowledge of grammatical structure. I'm not perfect when it comes to this either, but sometimes there will be a story so twisted that I have to claw my way through it to understand what is going on. Not making me want to give a favorable review.
- Begging not to be flamed. Flames happen. You just have to try to avoid them, but you can't just beg at the beginning of every chapter. Try setting up a disclaimer and warnings note at the top. If that doesn't deter a flamer, I doubt a heartfelt plea will.
- On the subject of flames, people who flame with all the writing errors I've listed above! Honestly, if you're going to criticize a writer, even a bad one, take a look at yourself. Can you write clearly? If not, then keep your mouth shut. If you're planning on flaming because of a pairing, just stop. If the writer was smart and added a warning box, whether about the pairing or possible slash, you have no reason to have read it in the first place. If they didn't, you're still not off the hook because I'm sure you figured it out half way through and suddenly didn't want to read anymore (If you're as opposed as you say. I believe some flamers may be closeted fans, they'll read plenty of it after all.), and so you should've turned back.
Follow these tips and you'll be much closer to having a wide audience and adoring fanfiction fans. If you can't... Well loves, just get a beta. That's what they're there for.
I Am A Fan Of:
I Am A Fan Of:
Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Angel/Spike, Angelus/Spike.
Batman the comics and the movies - Batman/Joker.
Death Note - Light/L, Mello/Matt.
Dragon Ball Z - Goku/Vegeta, Mirai Trunks/Vegeta, Mirai Trunks/Mirai Gohan, Mirai Trunks/Trunks.
Final Fantasy VII - Cloud/Sephiroth, Cloud/Zack, Zack/Sephiroth, Cloud/Reno, Rufus/Reno, Cloud/Zack/Sephiroth, Zack/Reno, Cloud/Reno/Rufus.
Inuyasha - Inuyasha/Sesshomaru.
Kingdom Hearts - Axel/Riku, Zexion/Riku, Axel/Roxas.
Naruto - Itachi/Sasuke, Sasuke/Pein, Pein/Itachi, Kimimaro/Sasuke.
Yu-Gi-Oh! - Yami Bakura/Ryou, Yami Bakura/Marik, Yami Bakura/Yami Marik, Marik/Ryou, Marik/Yami Marik, Thief King Bakura/Ryou, Thief King Bakura/Marik, Thief King Bakura/Yami Bakura, Thief King Bakura/Yami Marik, Thief King Bakura/Ryou/Marik, Thief King Bakura/Ryou/Yami Bakura, Thief King Bakura/Ryou/Yami Bakura/Marik/Yami Marik, Bakura(any)/Marik(any)/Kaiba .
More may be added later should I develop another irrational love for an animated character or story line.
I Am NOT a Fan Of:
Everything Harry Potter and Twilight.
Angel or Buffy - Everything but Angel(us)/Spike.
Batman - Everything but Batman/Joker.
Death Note - Anything containing Matsuda or Misa-Misa.
Dragon Ball Z - Anything but the formerly listed pairings.
Final Fantasy VII - RENO/RUDE, something about it freaks me out. TSENG/RUFUS, same reason. Ew. Just ew.
Inuyasha - Kagome anything. Sorry. But Sesshomaru/Kagome is just WRONG!
Kingdom Hearts - Anything with Kairi or Sora. Sorry, nothing wrong with their characters, but they don't pair well. They're written too bubbly.
Naruto - Anything with Sakura, Ino, Naruto. SasuNaru makes me shiver in disgust. D:
Yu-Gi-Oh! - Anything with Tea, Tristian, Joey, Yugi, or Atem and Puzzleshipping and Puppyshipping (EW).
Please avoid requesting any of these pairings, and don't expect to see them in any of my stories any time soon.
I may remove this from the site. I don't feel that it's original enough. It's too much like Tenacity by Strange and Intoxicating. I don't like that. I feel wrong by having a story so close to that one (aka mine pales in comparison).
Well the title is a good description for the story. :D BUT I might renovate and finish it. It's not dead like Love's Taboo, but still hard to write.
New but beloved. I really love this pairing. It's not going to be long, just in case I run out of ideas, but I think you'll like it.
This story may or may not be finished. I'm not quite sure. I've lost huge portions of the story from my head and from my computer. I'd love to finish, but I just can't get into it! If you're a fan and would like to adopt it, PM and it will almost be a certain yes.
To combat my frequently dead muses, I wrote this one down to the end when I was feeling fresh with it. An outline at least. So this one, and it's sequel will be finished. But I may combine the current story and the sequel to make the entire story flow and seem long. But it WILL be done.
Oneshots, Twoshots, and Requests:
I write oneshots fairly often for all my favorite fandoms. If you'd like me to write one for you, just PM me with the pairing, subject, and any challenge you offer. I may refuse to write for a fandom I'm not used to or a pairing I do NOT support. Try me though, it can't hurt!