Author has written 4 stories for Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Ouran High School Host Club.
UPDATED: 27 January 2013
Here's a quick update on my fics:
King's Gambit: Trying to resurrect it, but it's resisting stubbornly. Apparently it likes the dark recesses of the internet.
- King's Gambit: (YGX) My first and probably only Juudai/Asuka. Should be interesting. I don't normally beg for reviews, but I'm going to need your support, guys. -Chapter 2 in progress. Nearly complete. On hiatus. NOT abandoned.
Yay for being artistic (or not). But I got bored and decided to make a banner for this story. Enjoy its mediocrity at my LJ, or go.
- Flight from Death: (YGO) My sincere apologies to all my readers. I've just lost all inspiration for it, and I have other projects now that I'm more interested in and want to actually try and finish (before I post; I'm slowly learning the lesson that posting my stories before they're done is a bad idea with me). I may decide to continue, if inspiration hits me sometime, but I don't see that time in the near future.
- Everything He Always Wanted: (CATCF) Aw, screw it; it was one a.m. Please don't judge me! I think I'm liking it more as a oneshot, but we'll see if I come up with anything brilliant. (HA.)
- I Gain Nothing: (OHSHC) Yay, angst-fest! Definitely staying a oneshot now, I don't have the inspiration or desire to continue.
- Untitled: (YGX) A challenge fic from Glaceon of the Blue Variety, who requested I write an Edo/Asuka. I, like a fool, accepted. Note that you may never see this fic come to fruition, because I can't think of any way to pair two characters who, in my limited remembrance, never even hold a proper conversation. But the dearth of decent Edo/Asuka fics has strengthened my determination somewhat, and I hope one day I'll find some way to make it work.
- Lear (working title): (Shakespeare) King Lear has always been my favorite of Shakespeare's plays, so I am undertaking my very first fanfic of it, and just to muck it up even more, I'm going to do the ever-so-cliché modern-day version!
- Ruler of Your Own World: (Les Misérables) I don't want to give too much away on this one, so I'll just say it's one of my strangest ideas ever, and might very well incite some flames.
- Other projects that I won't list here for fear of jinxing myself and killing my inspiration.
Name: Chausten, C, or hey, you
Writing/Fanfiction Pet Peeves
Stories that have obviously not been run through a spell check. One click of the button, people.
Summaries that say, "I suck at summaries, just read." Nothing makes me want to read your fic less.
Authors who demand X number of reviews for an update. It looks unprofessional and desperate. Except in extreme cases, I refuse to review such a story.
Flames. The point of a review is to help the author, not rip him/her apart.
Authors who get all huffy if your review is anything more than, "this is so great plz update soon!!"
Bad/no characterizations. You may as well go write your own original story.
When authors are unable to properly spell canon characters' names. If you're going to write a fanfic about them, at least give them the dignity of spelling their names correctly. "Kiaba" is an example that jumps out at me. It makes me think of chicken kiev. Chicken Kiaba, mmmm.
Weird euphemisms for various parts of sexual intercourse. It sounds like a trashy romance novel.
Character bashing. It's fine if you don't like the character, and you can whine and moan about him/her all you want, but please don't use fanfiction to take out your frustrations.
Yaoi for yaoi's sake. I'm a full supporter of the GLBT community and gay rights, but it annoys me that there are actually yaoi FANGIRLS. (OMG boyxboy KAWAII!) I support same sex pairings the same way I support same sex marriage - when two people have a real connection. (Also applies to yuri, but there aren't really hordes of yuri fangirls.)
People who obviously don't know what a word means but insist on using it anyway to sound "intelligent."
"King's to you, Fernand."
Unsafe External Link
|Focus:||Plays/Musicals Les Misérables|