Poll: How do you like to write fanfiction? Vote Now!
Author has written 51 stories for Twilight, Maximum Ride, Naruto, Code Geass, and Clannad.
I'm not gone!
I was for a while - a long while. Yes, the blogspot ended up dying. Technical issues kept popping up and I was too busy to deal with them. But I'm still here! This is an extremely quick update until I finish my exams (21 June!) but after logging in for the first time in many months, I had an incredible urge to say this:
Thank you for reading my stories long after I failed to update them; thank you for leaving reviews and words of encouragement; thank you for continuing to visit my stories at hundreds of hits a day even though I haven't given you any reason to come back.
The truth is, I have begun to feel like I'm gravitating away from fanfiction, towards my own original story idea. I'm no longer afraid to say that I wish to write a novel (5, actually) and that it is my dream to see it published, no matter how long it takes. Between uni and my original story, I'm running out of time and energy to write fanfiction. Yet I can't forget it. I will always, always remember the years I spent on this site, learning and growing.
I can no longer promise that any of my stories will be finished. I may end up turning into a 'oneshot writer'. Even after I say I will never reach the mindset of abandoning my stories, I can't guarantee that they can be updated regularly again. So the next thing I have to say is:
Sorry. I'm sorry I've been so unreliably quiet and I'm sorry for breaking empty promises. I'm sorry for the disappointment, that I'm struggling to be as loyal to my stories as you guys have been.
But - one thing has never changed. Whether or not I was writing fanfiction or even writing at all, I've always thought about writing. I love writing, both original stories and fanfiction. I said I may never be able to update anything substantial again and that's true. But I really wanted you guys to know this: I will always want to write for you.
So this is both the end of the chapter and the beginning of a new one. I'm going to come clean. I'm not even half the fanfiction author I used to be when I was a naive fourteen year old on a site I've come to love. I'm probably not the PB you recognise from nearly two years ago. But I'm still a writer. I'll always write. I know I won't be able to write fanfiction forever, so there's a promise gone. You will be disappointed; there's not much to gain from waiting for me.
But if I am able to post even the smallest drabble that no one will be interested in reading anymore, I'll be happy. Because there were once people who waited and it's the only way I know how to give back. It's for you. If I manage to publish any books, you here at FF.net will be in the acknowledgements. It's true.
Exams have always been the forefront of my excuses. It is yet again. Except this time I won't say I'll write fanfiction after they are over. Instead, I'm going to say this: I want to write fanfiction for you guys. Even though I don't always succeed, I think about it every day.
Thanks again, everyone :)
P.S. I've recently started a new blog. This one hasn't showed signs of dying... yet. There is not much fanfiction-related stuff up there at the moment. I intended it to be a casual blog where I post writing tips and resources, a little bit of music and some adventures of my daily life. If you are interested in me as a, well, person, as opposed to a fanfiction author, you are welcome to drop by plottingbunnies.wordpress.com. You can also choose to subscribe to my posts by email notification.
P.P.S. I've had to update my age in the introduction below yet again. From fourteen to nineteen. Seriously, how will I ever be able to leave this site? I am honestly in love.
Hey everyone! Name's Christine and I'm nineteen this year. I've been writing fanfiction since I was fourteen. It's been quite a journey and I have to say I enjoyed every bump on the road, haha.
Precious People translation: gizmo ghost is working on a Spanish, I think, translation for Precious People. I personally don't understand a word of Spanish but I think that it's a great idea. I think the first chapter is still being worked on but I'll put up a link for the story when it is posted. Drop by at gizmo's if you're interested!
- The new Team 8 - (I am ridiculously delighted about the attention she paid to their heights XD )
Naruto question: your thoughts on the Wave mission in fanfics?
Still like it, but wouldn't mind a few changes - 29 votes
It's over done. Give us some originality! - 14 votes
Never get tired of it! It's critical to story and character development! - 7 votes
What do you think is most important in a story?
Interesting plot - 269 votes
Character development - 244 votes
Grammar/punctuation/spelling - 185 votes
Originality - 162 votes
Good use of language - 134 votes
Good romance ;) - 99 votes
Humour - 82 votes
Realism - 77 votes
In-characterness - 68 votes
Paragraphing - 65 votes
Action, of course! POWPOWPOW! - 42 votes
Sad stuff - 21 votes
Other - 11 votes
Your thoughts on stories written in first-person?
It depends on the character and how it is written - 38 votes
I don't mind reading them but I prefer third-person - 19 votes
I don't like them all that much - 12 votes
AWESOMESAUCE - 6 votes
REMEMBER WHEN ..
Put This In Your Profile If You're Still 5 Inside...No Matter How Old You Are Now
You know you live in 2009 when...
1.) You accidentally enter your password on a microwave.
2.) You haven't played solitaire with real cards for years
3.) The reason for not staying in touch with your friends is they don't have a screenname or my space
4.) You'd rather look all over the house for the remote instead of just pushing the buttons on the TV
6.) Your boss doesn't even have the ability to do your job.
7.) As you read this list you keep nodding and smiling.
8.) As you read this list you think about sending it to all your friends.
9.) and you were too busy to notice number 5.
10.) You scrolled back up to see if there was a number 5.
11.) Now you are laughing at yourself stupidly.
12.) Put this in your profile if you fell for that, and you know you did.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty
uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal
pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a
rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't
mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the
olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer
be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed
ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling
was ipmorantt! tahts so cool!
If you could read that put it in your profile
- If you have ever pushed on a door that said "Pull" or pulled on a door that said "Push", copy this into your profile.
- Weird is good, strange is bad, and odd is when you don't know which to call someone. Weird is the same as different, which is the same as unique, then weird is good! If you are weird and proud of it, copy this into your profile
- If you ever tripped on your own feet, copy this into your profile
- If you have ever had a mad laughing fit for absolutely no reason, copy this into your profile
- 98 percent of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2 percent who hasn't, copy this into your profile.
- If you've ever run into a door copy this onto your profile.
- If you have ever run into a tree copy this onto your profile.
- Put this into your profile if you didn't know the Alphabet song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Baa Baa Black Sheep had the same tune, and were all composed by Mozart.
- If you hate those irritating mosquitoes giving you mosquito bites, copy this into your profile.
- If you're one of those people who can literally stay on the computer for hours on end if only you weren't forced to get off, then copy and paste this on your profile.
- If there are times when you wanna annoy people just for the heck of it, copy this into your profile.
- If you have ever gotten so completely sidetracked in a conversation that you don't remember why you were talking in the first place, copy this into your profile.
- If you spend multiple hours each day reading or writing or a combination of both, copy and paste this on your profile