About the Author
Favorite Fictional Universes: Naruto, RWBY, Bleach, Harry Potter, Fairy Tail, Pokémon, Marvel, DC, Claymore, One Punch Man...
I am a graduate student in theoretical chemical physics, and have very little time on my hands to read or do anything that doesn't relate to mathematics, computers, physics, or chemistry. Despite that, one of the greatest passions in my life is fiction and the sense of escapism one can obtain from reading a good book or watching an involved movie. Naturally, this passion lead me to reading fanfiction when I was 13, and I have been an enormous fan ever since. Now that I've grown up a little, I am ready to try my hand at writing, and although I know it won't be good at the start, I plan on persevering to make it better. To that end, I welcome criticism and advice in reviews or private messages.
Anagennisi's Writing Interests
I will primarily focus on trying to create "original" and fun Naruto fanfiction, although I have plans to branch out into Fairy Tail, Pokémon, Harry Potter, and others as well. I say "original" because at this point most of the archetypes and ideas have been taken, but they can be twisted into different starting concepts. I will try to work with the characters and locations available in the franchise universes, although every now and then I will insert a (hopefully) well-rounded original character of my own to liven stories up. Even if the stories I write are rated M for Mature, however, this is more for me to be on the safe side. I will never write anything even resembling a lemon, and though I may ambiguously portray the interactions between two characters such that intimacy may be inferred I will never write it explicitly. Long story short: no lemons... ever.
Objectively speaking I am a hopeless romantic, so expect that in many of my stories as a major plot point. I also enjoy humor in my stories (Third Fang and TwiceMarked both have excellent Naruto fanfics that portray these in interesting - and exuberant - ways and I recommend you check them out), as well as adventure and action. I'm a stereotypical guy in that respect... but that's why I read stories: bold words and grand declarations, fierce or subtle romances between simple or extraordinary people, magnificent adventures in world's that defy imagination, etc. I want to write stories that you will all enjoy and find to be fun. That's why we're here right? To keep reliving the dream, see different people's interpretations of events in their favorite franchises?
I will endeavor to keep the grammar and spelling in my stories consistent, although I may slip in certain phrases related to those franchises (The phrase Kaa-san instead of mother, Hinata-chan, Naruto-kun, Kakashi-sensei, Ero-sennin, Baa-chan, Teme, etc. etc. etc. in any Naruto fanfiction I write for example...). I also enjoy reading longer stories, and will translate that over into my writing; those who read my stories can expect the chapters - even the first ones - to be of relatively sizable girth (~10,000 words or more). That's not to set 10,000 words as a "hard-minimum", it's more of a guideline, but we'll see...
As a final remark I'd like to emphasize that this is my hobby. I have a life outside of fanfiction, and due to my hectic schedule won't be able to update frequently. That being said, I'm also very... obsessive compulsive and would have personal issues with sporadic updates. Thus, I don't plan on posting stories immediately. I will post my stories once I have planned it out, and when I'm mostly done writing them. The update schedules for those stories will be available in author notes given in the stories. Rest assured... I'm writing...
Note, the pairings below are both from the show and what I like to see in fanfiction. Most of them are rooted in the stories themselves, but some of them are not.
Naruto Uzumaki x Hinata Hyūga: I've paired them since Episode 1. They are the only pairing that I really support these days, since I find it so difficult to actually read stories that have Naruto paired with anyone else. There are very few stories outside of this that I've been able to accept, and that's only because of how well-written they were (Like the fanfic Sage). Still, when writing and in 99% of what I read, I literally can't pair Naruto or Hinata up with anyone else... probably a sign I'm too attached to the characters. There are beautiful motifs and symbolism associated between the two... and the hopeless romantic in me can't separate them. My only wish is that Hinata had become a more important character in the source material after the Chūnin Exams and Konoha Crush in Part I of Naruto... there's so much that could have been done with her character... and Naruto's character for that matter.
Sasuke Uchiha x Sakura Haruno: I support this pairing... when it's not the main story itself; I feel that it could have been more developed in the series. Sasuke as a whole was a tolerable villain (at least in the beginning up until he killed Itachi) although I was often at a loss as to why he was receiving as much screen-time as the title character... but I attribute that to Kishimoto's personal preferences. Anyway, these two work together very well, especially when considering Sakura's devotion to him and the fact that even in Part I Sasuke acknowledged her before he defected from Konoha. I enjoy it more in fanfiction where the duo are given time to develop as a couple.
Rock Lee x Yakumo Kurama: The idea of the rising Wild Green Beast and the weak-bodied Genjutsu Mistress of Konoha getting together just works! They could be good together if the story was well-written...
Shikamaru Nara x Temari: Knew it from their interactions in Part I, and in my opinion they became one of the most well-developed couples in Naruto (considering Romance wasn't really a major plot-point of the manga that says something to me...). Even from their interactions in Part I, it was obvious to me that they were fond of each other.
Shikamaru Nara x Kurotsuchi: DryBonesKing and his Naruto fanfic "True Potential" really sold me on this one. If you haven't read DryBonesKing's fanfic... you are really missing out.
Ino Yamanaka x Choji Akimichi: I don't know why on this one. They seem like they could work well together, better than Karui and Choji anyway...
Not really a shipper there... yeah the female characters are drawn... provocatively. Yes Erza rocks... and Wendy is the best character in the entire series period (my opinion, not fact). But honestly... the story was never fleshed out enough for me to really get interested in it.
Once again, not a shipper here. Not... really? Well... a little. Considering what the show has demonstrated, I could very easily see a few pairings like Nora x Ren and Jaune x Pyrrha. But there in lies the problem. I like Team JNPR... but I watch the show for Team RWBY. I fell in love with the show after watching Ruby Rose kick major butt with her sniper scythe. I fell deeper in love after watching Weiss Schnee defeat (at the time) a giant knight, Blake Belladonna rebel against her creepy teammate, and Yang Xiao-Long tear up a club for a quick rush and because she was threatened. Jaune's journey is... interesting... but I want to see Team RWBY develop. At risk of offending members of a fandom I am part of (not that I care since I'm writing this anyway and making it public for anyone who has the patience to read my profile) I despise the amount of time Jaune has received in the story. I don't hate his character... but it's severely underwhelming for me compared to the titular character/team. Their journeys are more interesting. Enough said.
I am ambivalent towards most pairings amongst Team RWBY itself, although if I ever write fanfiction I won't ever be pairing members of Team RWBY together. To me, their "relationships" are better served as partners beyond marriage.
1. Naruto Uzumaki and Hinata Hyūga: They are my favorite characters in Naruto. Period. I love stories where they are a couple, and I adore stories where people actually develop Hinata as a main character. I love the parallels between: Naruto and Kushina, Hinata and Minato, and the relationships between the two. I liked the movie's exploration of the two of them as a couple; Naruto who was starved of love to the point where it was hard for him to realize it, and Hinata his staunchest and shyest supporter for years ... as well as his first supporter. And while I don't support the Tenseigan, I do like the fact that the Hyūga are descendants of Hamura (as was hinted in the beginning). Naruto is the titular character, and has so much potential for growth that I always love to see how people interpret his character path. The same goes for Hinata, who I always felt had far more talent and ability than she let herself believe... or demonstrate; her character certainly had resolve. They're both fun to me because they have to struggle and try to achieve even the simplest of their goals... and yet there are so many ways that I can imagine them growing to be more than what the franchise portrayal showed. Some of the best fanfiction I've ever read focus on developing the two of them to such extreme levels that it can become ridiculous! They are just... fun for me to read and write about, in fanfiction or in the original manga. Enough said.
2. Itachi Uchiha: Ninja. Chuck. Norris. Is there any description more fitting for Itachi Uchiha? ... Okay so he probably isn't the strongest ninja ever but... he was so interesting. Every single one of his fights was breathtaking, and when he was first introduced in a 2-on-1 curb-stomp battle against Kakashi and Kurenai - already demonstrated powerhouses - where he basically mauled them. Never mind his battle against Sasuke where he was sick enough that he was coughing up blood, nearly blind, and wanted to lose and he still had enough strength to push Sasuke to the limits of his endurance, defeat Orochimaru, and set a trap for Tobi. Never mind the crow left Itachi "gifted" to Naruto allowing him to break the Edo Tensei and that he basically saved the Shinobi World... and his gift with philosophy... his unnatural wisdom... the fact that he uses illusions to fight and isn't "truly" evil... the fact that he sucks at being the good-guy and you (I) love that... and you have one of the most amazing characters anywhere.
1. Wendy Marvel: She is my favorite character in the entire series. From her character design, to her prowess in battle for such a young mage, to her adorable personality. Wendy's awesome! Even more so since there are so many ways that I can see her character developing and becoming an utter badass when she gets older. I thought her presence on Tenroujima Island could have been played up so well if she had managed to escape back to the guild. Her character development is also very prominent in the manga and TV series itself: she went from a scared and shy child to someone who would boldly proclaim themselves as a "Sky Dragon" and can access her Dragon Force - at the age of 13! Everyone else is an adult, while Wendy remains a child with enormous combat potential. She's also a capable medic! Out of everyone in Fairy Tail, I felt like her character had the most development; Natsu hits things, Erza had an interesting romance arc with Jellal, but was pretty much downgraded to "badass fanservice", Lucy developed but... not enough, and Gray just became more and more depressing as the series went onwards up to swearing vengeance of all things. No, aside from Gray, I felt Wendy is one of the few characters in the series to develop, and there are so many ways that her character could become powerful. And holy everything and the kitchen sink everyone she is a "SKY Dragonslayer"; the line "I control this space..." is probably my favorite quote in Fairy Tail period, and has given me so many ideas...
1. Ruby Rose: Let's talk main characters here. She's awesome, resplendent even with some polishing (That was totally a pun on her name! AHAHA!). She's got silver eyes (Awesome). She's cute (She's also just young enough where I can't comfortably say "beautiful"). She's idealistic (In a pessimistic world I'll allow it for the themes). She's got that adorable natural charisma that no one would expect (I certainly don't). She's a monster with that Sniper Scythe (I laughed like no tomorrow during the "Red Trailer" watching her perform 200 hit kill combos). And her Semblance is SPEED (What I often find is the most dangerous aspect of any combat). Let that last part sink in for just a moment. Did it? Okay good, I can carry on my little "worship fest". She's honestly the kind of hero I can get behind if portrayed properly. She's talented, a great leader, and a monstrous combatant... but she's also shy and awkward. She's charismatic, but also goofy. And although she IS a "dork"... she's a dork; she's not stupid like other goofy and charismatic protagonists (Luffy from One Piece, Naruto from Naruto, Natsu from Fairy Tail, etc. etc. etc.). Heck, she's been let into the greatest combat school on her continent 2 years early on her natural talent (unlike Jaune, whom I can't say I hate... but right now I strongly dislike). I enjoy how her character is growing to accept loss and pain as well, still pushing onwards.
I do, however, have mixed feelings about how she was portrayed in Volume 4, my current favorite volume no less, especially when compared to her teammates. I can't say I enjoy how she keeps getting side-armed for Jaune and the remnants of his team... especially since they are both team leaders and she, for some reason, is all of a sudden an inferior strategist to Jaune of all people. To me, RWBY's main character is Ruby Rose, followed immediately and by "WBY". I loved the idea of having them all separate for a volume and converge in Mistral, and her teammates growth; Yang regained her sense of self and is moving forward again, Blake is facing her past and the White Fang, and Weiss has stopped cowering from her wretched father. Where was Ruby's development, aside from the final scene in the volume after Qrow was revealed to not be dead? I'm ranting at this point, but I also want this to be a high-point in my stories about RWBY: I like watching team RWBY far more than I like watching Team JNPR... or their remnants. Even so... it was an awesome volume.
2. Weiss Schnee: TBC
3. Blake Belladonna: TBC
4. Yang Xiao-Long: TBC
5. Team RWBY: TBC
I like plenty of other characters... from many different fandoms but these were the ones I felt deserved a "preaching". I may expand this list when I have time in the future.
Currently Working On
1. An Alternate Universe 'for want of nail' RWBY fanfic starring my favorite team as the four main characters and that aspires to the same level of badassery as the almighty fanfiction author Third Fang (a monumental task that I swear may never be achieved. If you don't know of Third Fang, go check out his fanfiction now.). This story also aspires to avoid much of the craziness that some other RWBY fanfics seem to have. I'm looking at YOU "Blood Rose" (That was by no means an insult... I can only hope one of my stories will ever be as popular as you are... sniffle).