So, I'm from Holland, where the weather is never what you want it to be, it's too hot, it's too cold, it's too rainy, it's frickin' May and it still feels like March!! (It's what we Dutch people do, complain about the weather :P)
So I'm female and love...
Kay, I love reading,watching television and listening to music., I love Harry Potter, House, Grey's Anatomy and Lost. I just read the Twilight books and am now totally addicted:P! I also love snow, it makes everything so beautiful and when you walk on new snow it just makes this great sound! (I know I'm a bit weird :P)
I'm going to university and am studying...well to be honest I really don't know how to translate it into English, so ehm...well if you really want to know (like you'd die if I don't tell you, tell me, 'cause I don't want that to happen :P) I will tell you.
Well that was it for now, I think, maybe if you are all nice I'll write something more about me :P
Some quotes I like:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
If little else, the brain is an educational toy.
Things do not change; we change.
The more alternatives, the more difficult the choice.
Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
It's the friends you can call at four AM that matter.
There is no great genius without some touch of madness.
The soul of a man is immortal an imperishable.
In mathematics you don't understand things. You get used to them.
Age is no guarantee of maturity.
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
And now some useless facts, which are great for impressing your friends :P.
Did you know that...
- Fighting is legal in Paraguay, so long as both the parties are registered als blood donors. (Okay...)
- Every year more people are killed by donkeys than there are people who die because of a plane crash (Killed by a donkey :S)
- Polar bears are left-handed. (the one person that discovered this needs to find a hobby:P)
- The average four year-old asks over 400 questions a day. (and the most frequent one is 'why?' :P)
- Women have 500 more genes than men. (Mhuahaha we are so much better:P)
- In Hartford, Connecticut, it's illegal for a husband to kiss his wife on Sundays. (So if you're not married it is ok :S)
- Every minute about 200 babies are born worldwide. (That's like 60 x 200 = 12000 babies every hour :O!!)
- Someone who had pentheraphobia is afraid of a mother-in-law. (Well they are scary!)
- The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night. (Yuck, keeping my mouth closed and my room extra clean!)
- You share your birthday with at least 9 other million people in the world. (Noooo, I thought I was the only one!)
- There are 336 dimples on a regular golf bal. (Real important:P)
- Most lipstick contains fish scales. (I'm so glad I hardly wear lipstick)
- Clinophobia is the fear of beds. (Well everybody is afraid of something...)
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist. (Ha I knew it, they are evil!)
- The average person has over 1460 dreams a year. (Well now that I know that, I'm glad I don't remember them all, I would go crazy!)
- More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones. (Ha I've got a green one!)
- Slugs have 4 noses. (How did they discover this :S)
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying. (haven't tried it, but if it works it'll be dead usefull!!)
And some facts about my country...
- There are around 16 million bicycle's in Holland, that's like one for every person here (mhuahaha I still had two last year:P) And you really need a lock, otherwise it will get stolen!
- We have one "mountain" and it's 323 meters high. (yeah that's for real!)
- When we pass our school exams (at the end of our...well something like high school) we hang a Dutch flag with a bookbag outside. (I did it too!)
- We are the tallest people in Europe. (well not me, I'm tiny:P)
- Almost 30% of all Dutch babies are born at home. (well I don't think I wanna do that, bring me to the hospital where they have medicines against the pain, yeah thanks sis for telling me all those scary stories!)
- New York City used to be New Amsterdam, but then we traded it with the English for Surinam. (if you think about it, the whole world could be speaking Dutch if we had never done that.)
- Almost every Dutch person speaks at least one foreign language. (well I know English, French, German, Latin (well nobody speaks it but I can translate it), ancient Greek (well the same as with Latin) and a tiny bit of Spanish, that's so much more than 1! Not fair, why did I have to learn all those languages!)
Hope you learned something ;)
Unsafe External Link