Author has written 1 story for Twilight.
60 Facts about Myself
1. My real name is Vanessa. But call me Kemi. It's a nickname from my other name Kemunto.
2. I was born and raised in Kenya.
3. I love Africa. And I hate it when people think it's a dark, backwards continent where everyone lives in mud huts and has AIDS. This is not true. Oh, and Africa IS a continent, NOT a country (I can't tell you how many times I've heard that one).
4. I have a little sister, whom I love very much. Though she annoys the HELL out of me.
5. I am a teenager and life stresses me out. Don't say I'm too young. Teenagers have problems just like the rest of you imbeciles.
6. I am fluent is Swahili and English. I understand Arabic. I have almost mastered Spanish. I can carry a conversation in French. And I am teaching myself Japanese and Chinese.
7. I travel. A lot. I move houses. A lot.
8. I love my parents. But just like my sister- sometimes they annoy the hell out of me.
9. There are very few things I truly fear in this world. Snakes. Nope. Heights. Nope. Death. Nope. But show me a roach and I think I'll pass out.
10. I hate insects. Roaches especially.
11. I used to have other stories up here- a looong time ago. I read them a while ago. I promptly deleted them. I can't believe people actually used to read and like the crap I posted up here.
12. Prepping for college sucks. Not fun at all.
13. I have a strange, complicated, slightly twisted life story. Damn, I should write a book.
14. I don't like Twilight or Stephanie Meyer...but as you noticed, I only write for Twilight. It's funny. I hate Twilight...but I LOVE Twilight fanfics.
15. I spend at least four hours each day reading. Yes, I know. I'm a maniac.
16. I love books. Like LOVE.
17. I read more than I write. I strive to balance it out. I fail.
18. I once randomly went deaf for a week. Doctors didn't know why I went deaf, or why I could suddenly hear again.
19. I have been sent to a psychologist.
20. I still resent doctors for that. I am perfectly a-ok.
21. Okay, I admit. I am slightly strange. But in a good way. Trust me.
22. I have this fear of old people. Okay, not a fear, per se. More like an aversion. I wish I'd get over it. I volunteer at a nursing home, for pete's sake!
23. Old people are CRAZY! You should go volunteer at a nursing home. Strangest experience of your entire life. No really. There's NOTHING like it. Ask me for stories.
24. I never understand it when people "think about going to college". Like, is there an option? Your ass should find every possible way to get itself in college.
25. I have a huge problem with procrastination.
26. I love corny jokes.
27. I have a secret crush on James Blunt. Every time I listen to a James Blunt song, I think about crossing the Nile River in Egypt, the beautiful mountains of Greece, and the Mediterranean Sea. All sights I happened to see while James Blunt was blasting in my ears. So yeah.
28. I won't be a cool mom. I've seen how the kids of "cool" parents turn out.
29. If that offended you, it's how I feel. I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt. But it's the truth. Nothing personal, believe me.
30. I won't be a cool mom. But I'll definitely be a cool grandmother :D
31. I find a lot of things funny. Life is a funny place.
32. I laugh at the most inopportune, inappropriate times.
33. I'm extremely ticklish- to the point where I don't think I can ever get a massage or a pedicure.
34. I write with my right hand, but I think I was born left-handed.
35. I have a bajillion family members.
36. I'm so culturally confused, it's crazy. Too American to be Kenyan, too Kenyan to be American. Too everything else in between. Nobody ever knows where I'm from. Even Kenyans.
37. Sometimes, I can be so confident- to the point of cockiness. Other times, I feel so insecure I want to hide in a ball and sleep.
38. I am the daughter of two diplomats.
39. My parents are still together- and I thank God every day for that. So many people are divorced.
40. I am Roman Catholic. I go to Church every Sunday.
41. My best friend is a Lesbian.
42. I don't know what my stance on Gay marriage is, believe it or not.
43. I have this fear of dying alone.
44. I don't know what I'd do is i ever lost someone I really love. I don't know if I'm strong enough to move on.
45. I love way too easily. And I love everybody. Really, I do.
46. This has been the cause of a lot of heart ache.
47. I don't mean romantic love. I mean general love for a human being.
48. I find it hard to love someone romantically. How odd.
49. I'm extremely sarcastic. It's just the way I am.
50. I have hurt people with my sarcasm. I don't hurt ANYONE on purpose. I didn't know I hurt them. An entire friendship may have been ruined because of my sarcasm. I didn't think it was that bad.
51. Shows I love: Supernatural, White Collar, Psych, Doctor Who, Covert Affairs, House Hunters International, and my guilty pleasure, Bridezillas
52. I'm a fragile person- both physically and emotionally. No one knows it though. I'm one hell of an actress.
53. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm brilliant. I won't be modest and deny it. I am BRILLIANT.
54. I didn't start cursing up until the end of 8th grade.
55. I don't talk to the best friend I ever had. It still saddens me.
56. I barely talk to my extended family. That saddens me too.
57. No one would ever describe me as shy- but really, that's who I am. The shy part of me is larger than the confident part of me. It's just that the confident part of me is stronger and trumps the shy part. Often.
58. I'm not shy around people I know well or strangers. If your in between, it's a crap shoot.
59. I fake it. Confidence, that is. Get your mind out of the gutter ;)
60. I am who I am. I am complicated. Hell, I don't understand myself. But I'm me and I love me. If I don't, who will?
Unsafe External Link