Author has written 6 stories for Jeeves, and Kyo kara Maoh!/今日からマ王！.
This profile is dedicated to discussing my fandom interests, I'm a very private person.
My Livejournal Account:(Feel free to add me!)
My Email Id: (Feel free to contact me!)
I was deeply involved in the JEEVES AND WOOSTER fandom for nearly 4 and a half years! And it was one of the most traumatic, taxing, testing, trying, tedious terribly tormenting times ever. Aren't you impressed with my alliterations? There was also a time when I could have written a few pages on my experiences over there. I procrastinated. Now I haven't the motivation to recall the bitterness of a bleak past, that I've finally stashed away for good, after several failed attempts at redemption.
KYOU KARA MAOU wafted into my life a breath of fresh air, a healing zephyr, a balmy breeze. Of course I was very skeptical about the healing power of a drastically different different fandom. But this was a complete turnaround! The joy and exhiliration of tasting something so wonderfully new really overwhelmed me! That's putting it lightly.
Of course, I was prepared for hiccups and bumps. I never harboured any illusions about it being smooth sailing all the way. And this is where my profile gets very specific. But before we go any further, I'll state the obvious.
Wolfram von Bielefeld is undoubtedly my absolute, undisputed favourite, among the fabulous team of men. My other favourites include Gunter, Yozak and Murata, just for the record. Anyhow, I could babble and squeal and gush and rant about him for hours on end, which is quite a predictable reaction. I'll keep my rant on hold, but he has granted me a new lease of life.
WOLFRAM VON BIELEFELD :-
Now the thing is, whatever I get deeply involved in, I take it to heart and pursue it with a passion. I'm extremely enthusiastic about things I like. That includes fandom.
If there's something I get vehement about, I always have SOLID AND JUST reasons for it.
For example, I hate Wolfram bashing. But you'll rarely find me waving banners of objection, because there are enough fans to bash the Wolfram bashers, so I save my breath. Secondly, I hate Conyuu. But, though I hate to admit it, there is a mild possibility of the relationship, and it's not completely incongruous with the canon, so I don't protest against it. Thirdly, I hate the Conrad/Greta pairing (who comes up with these things?). But since there's very little of it, I don't even need to protest.
Have I successfully dispelled all notions you may have of me being biased and unjust and unreasonable? I hope so.
Let's go on to the phenomenon I've been screaming myself hoarse protesting against: THE FEMINISATION OF WOLFRAM. The most common tactic employed to completely SLAUGHTER Wolfram's charcter. Which fulfills all the criteria for making my blood boil and making me protest vociferously against it!
A. WOLFRAM'S PHYSICAL APPEARANCE (It Sooo Deserves A Separate Discussion)
THE RETARDED MYTH: Wolfram can TOTALLY pass off as a super feminine girl!!!
MYTH: Wolfram's the only male who's called beautiful.
MYTH: Wolfram looks feminine because he looks like his beautiful mother.
MYTH: Wolfram looks girly because he looks like an angel.
MYTH: Wolfram's only described as beautiful.
MYTH: Wolfram isn't manly looking enough to be called handsome.
MYTH: Yuuri thinks Wolfram looks girly.
MYTH: Yuuri doesn't call any other guy girly.
HARDCORE FACT: Yuuri thinks the men who glomp him in the swimming pool are actually women. He at one point says that Gunter shrieks like a girl. And he nearly mistakes Sara for a girl. BUT... He NEVER says that Wolfram looks like a girl, or stereotypically behaves like one.
MYTH: Yuuri looks more handsome and manly than Wolfram, in terms of face and physique.
MYTH: Gwendal and Conrad look much manlier than Wolfram.
MOST IMPORTANT FACTS: (A) Wolfram is the spitting image of SHINOU. Who DARES to call Shinou girly looking?!
NOTE: Very rarely do I come across men like Wolfram who can be accurately described as both beautiful & handsome. Men like Adalbert can only be described as handsome, because they don't have the aesthetic, refined features to be called beautiful. And men like Sararegi can only be called beautiful, because they don't look even remotely manly enough to be called handsome! It's sacrilege to Wolfram girly looking when a boy like Sara is in the vicinity!
The Famous (or Infamous) PINK NIGHTGOWN (According to the novels, it has no frills)
Okaaay. There was a time when I considered this to be feminine, but thankfully for Wolfram, I changed my mind. Firstly, Pink is a colour that's come to be considered feminine only in recent times. Wolfram lives in a Medieval age! Due you think he really cares about such shallow notions from an alien world, especially a world where homosexuality is frowned upon? Secondly, ALL MEN WORE NIGHTGOWNS until a few decades back! I'd be very surprised if Conrad and Gwendal wore 'pyjamas' instead of nightdresses. Got it?!
B. EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT WOLFRAM
I'm doing this next part in the form of a conversation between myself and the generic "Retarded Fangirl", which is appropriate, because not only is it fun, but everything I say is actually a reaction to what retarded fans say.
RETARDED FANGIRL: *squee* Wolfy's such a girl!
RETARDED FANGIRL: Wolfy acts like an angry wife, it's adooorable!
RETARDED FANGIRL: Cheri and Jennifer so totally want Wolfy in a dress LOL!
BOTTOMLINE: The mothers NEVER discriminate and say "Wolfy should go for the dress and Yuu-chan will wear the trousers!" It's amazing that YOU'VE been a fan for so long, and yetI understand Cheri and Jennifer better.
RETARDED FANGIRL: I can SOOO picture Wolfy smiling in a wedding dress!
BOTTOMLINE: By putting Wolfram in a dress or labelling him the wife, you're actually torturing a character you claim to love. And you call yourself a FAN?! Wolfram cherishes his masculine identity.
RETARDED FANGIRL: If Wolfie loves Yuuri, why can't he make a sacrifice and wear a dress?
RETARDED FANGIRL: But I've seen anime posters of Wolfie in dresses!
AMETHYSATAURA: Let me break it to you. The animators indulge in a lot of nonsensical crack that is NOT to be confused with the canon. Mainly to please prejudiced retards like you. And for your kind information, almost EVERY SINGLE MAIN MALE CHARACTER has been stuffed in a dress. Whether it's in a game or in a poster or in the anime itself. After Yozak, Yuuri has worn a dress the highest number of times. Is that an excuse to go and feminise Gwendal and Conrad? No, right? So WHY single out Wolfram?!
RETARDED FANGIRL: Awww, I'm sure Yuuri wants his fiance in a wedding dress!
NOW FOR THE BIGGEST RANT.
There are so many same sex couples in Shin Makoku, so by YOUR weird standards, EVERY couple should conform to heterosexual labels.
So STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST WOLFRAM!!!!
By the way, since homosexuality is not taboo in Shin Makoku, wasn't there ALWAYS a possibility that the Maoh would marry someone of the same sex? Suppose Shinou married Daikenja, would you stuff Daikenja in a wedding dress and call him "Queen"?! It's UNIMAGINABLE, isn't it? And guess what? This royal protocol has existed for every one of the 25 Maohs following Shinou. So WHY THE HELL should the rules suddenly change for the 27th Maoh, and Wolfram be labelled as Yuuri's Queen?!
I'm aware that if such a conversation actually took place, I'd be bombarded with hate mail! But, there's usually something else... Read on.
The General Reaction: There's nothing wrong with a man being effeminate! Don't mess with gender politics!
My Response: (a) Not ONCE have I said that there's something wrong with effeminate men. I'm defending Wolfram's masculinity, NOT because I think there's something WRONG with effeminate men, but simply because it's Out Of Character for him! Today if fans called Gwendal cheerful, I'd protest just as much. Does that mean I think there's something WRONG with being cheerful? No, just that it's OOC!
(b) My views on a character's physical appearance has NOTHING to do with my views on his personality. I'm not that kind of person.
(c) You NEVER protested even ONCE when MILLIONS OF RETARDED FANS feminised Wolfram in various ways, by saying that his looks and behaviour were girly, or CONSTANTLY stuffing him in women's clothing, and calling him feminine titles like Queen/wife/princess/girlfriend, etc. FOR FRIGGIN' AGES.
So don't even think about raining on my parade, darling.
What do I HATE more than Wolfram bashers? People who CLAIM to be Wolfram fans but still SLAUGHTER AND FEMINISE his character.
My Views on SEME/UKE Dynamics in Yaoi:
Considering how big a yaoi fan I am, it is only natural that I devote at least a small section to discussing my yaoi preferences. I'll just say this much: I RESENT THE DEGRADING THEORY THAT SEME = MAN & UKE - WOMAN!!!
And I RESENT AND DESPISE AND LOATHE the retarded idea that Wolfram should be the uke because he's basically just a girl!!!
And now on a more positive note, I do prefer Wolfram as an uke rather than a seme, but my REASONS ARE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. In fact, on a more generalised note, I prefer it if my favourite anime men are usually ukes, which I know is something that most yaoi fans wouldn't understand.
So I'll explain. My views on ukes are often radically different from what post fans stereotypically perceive them to be.
The Kind of Ukes I Prefer (I Don't Mean an All-In-One Combo):
(1) An uke who's drop dead gorgeous and dashingly handsome. Just as handsome as the seme if not more. This is a must for me, even if the following always aren't! Does Wolfram fit the bill? Absolutely! Regardless of who the seme might be...
(2) An uke who's just as manly as the seme, if not more. It's self explanatory. Does Wolfram fit the bill? Absolutely! Regardless of who the seme might be...
(3) An uke who takes charge. In other words, a power bottom. A man who's penetrated, but still is very active and dominant, and sometimes dominates his seme. Rides his seme to a screaming climax, most likely. Does Wolfram fit the bill ? Absolutely!
(4) An uke who's very seductive and deliberately tempting. He tantalises the seme, leaving him begging for more. Does Wolfram fit the bill ? Absolutely!
(5) An uke who's older and more sexually experienced than the seme. He decides to give his seme a treat. And on a more serious note, this is often a psychological requirement to bring about comfort and stability in sexual relations. Does Wolfram fit the bill ? Absolutely!
(6) An uke, who by nature is fiery and feisty and dynamic. It's self explanatory. Does Wolfram fit the bill? Absolutely!
So all in all, I love Wolfram as a MANLY UKE. It's true that both retarded Wolfram feminisers and I prefer Wolfram as an uke. But there's a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE in our reasons, and the kind of ukes we prefer.
Symptoms of a Yaoi Addiction
1. You start mentally pairing up random guys on the street.
2. You wish you had gay friends just so you could perve on them kissing their boyfriends.
3. You don’t remember the last time you read a heterosexual fanfiction.
4. If you are a heterosexual girl, you keep trying to seme your boyfriend, despite the fact that you don’t have the necessary parts. (Except I don't have a boyfriend at the moment!)
5. You suddenly become interested in gay rights, thinking this will increase your opportunities for voyeristic activities. (Except that I sincerely support gay rights, and not just for titillation)
6. You try to get your friends involved in it, simply so you can talk to them about it without them getting that bored or disgusted looks on their face.
7. You keep lying about the number of hours you spend each day on the computer reading slash fanfiction, watching yaoi anime etc.
8. The most exiting moment of your life so far was when you discovered hentai manga.
11. You celebrate turning 18 not because you can watch R movies, but because you’re old enough to watch movies with explicit gay sex scenes.
12. It’s the only aphrodesiac you need.
13. When your boyfriend tells you he’s gay and has been dating another man, you immediately ask if you can join in. (I've never had a gay boyfriend... *sigh*)
14. Your gay son wishes he had a normal, homophobic mother who didn’t ask him questions about his latest sexual exploits. (I'm FAR from having children though! But I wouldn't mind a gay son at all!)
Screencaps I've made of Wolfram in his Sexy Peasant Disguise
Theme Songs of My Favourite KKM Men
Character: Yozak Gurrier
Vandarvia Ondo (Vandarvia Island)
Character: Ken Murata
1. Yukyuu no Tsuki (Eternal Moon)
2. Kenzya no Kyuuzitsu (Philosopher's Holiday)
3. Onazi Kaze ni Hukarete (Just Like the Wind)
Character: Gunter von Christ
1. Ai no Mizuumi (Lake of Love)
2. Rousoku (Candles)
3. Koutansai no Yoru (Christmas Night)
Character: Wolfram von Bielefeld (weren't you just waiting for this one?)
1. Taiyou wo Mitsumete Iru (Gazing at the Sun)
2. Sora Kakeru Tsurugi (The Sword that Soars in the Sky)
As a concluding note, I'll give you the link to this interview of Tomo Takabayashi, the novelist of Kyou Kara Maou:
Here is an excerpt from the interview, in which she talks about the seiyuus:
"I left the casting up to the professionals, but I'm very happy with the choices they made. The characters even sound handsome! As a matter of fact, the voice work has inspired me on a number of occassions, convincing me to make Wolfram more manly, Yuri more passionate, Gwendal more obessed with cute things and Anissina and Gunter just more messed up in general."
I wouldn't know where to begin and where to end while having a general broad discussion on Wolfram's personality... The guy is a layered spectrum of different hues, some more dominant and others more subtle...
And finally, to end on a note of positive brevity:
Unsafe External Link