Author has written 62 stories for Avengers, Monkey Island, Life on Mars, Randall & Hopkirk, Republic of Doyle, Department S/Jason King, and Sapphire & Steel.
I'm Timeless A-Peel, and I write fiction based on The New Avengers, the seventies "sequel" to the cult sixties British series starring Patrick Macnee, Gareth Hunt, and Joanna Lumley. I've long been a fan of the adventures of Mike Gambit and Purdey, and bemoaned the lack of attention they've received in the fiction world. There are some lovely works out there for Steed, and Emma, Tara, and even Cathy, but very little for Purdey and Gambit. I hope to fix that.
I've written several stories so far, but I've only been brave enough to make a few available beyond my betareaders. I hope to rectify that. The exception is "Berlin," a piece I cowrote with rabidsamfan. It can be found in the Avengers section, or linked through my favourites if you're interested. Otherwise, my stories tend to fall into three categories:
I. The "arc" (now being updated!): This is my main project, a series of stories meant to flesh out the timeline of the series. They take place before, during, and after the events of the show, and I try my best to adhere to the canon. Generally they can be read in any order, but sometimes things from earlier stories are alluded to. I use the production order and dates of the episodes for my timeline/template. A list of the episodes in that order can be found at The Avengers Forever. The topsy-turvy posting order is a consequence of writing the stories in random order, but the gaps have been filled, and new stories will be posted in more or less chronological order from now on. There's much, much more to come. Stay tuned...
The order is:
0. Lost Boys--June, 1975. Gambit and Steed's first assignment together. (Complete)
1. Anew--December, 1975. A first meetings story concerning Steed, Purdey, and Gambit's first assignment as a team. (Complete.)
2. Aftermath--February 6-8, 1976. Pre-series, based around the pre-credits sequence of "Last of the Cybernauts...?" (Complete).
3. Dance With Me--Late February/Early March, 1976. Ends with the early scenes in "Gnaws." (Complete).
4. The Anniversary--November, 1976, shortly after the end of season one. (Complete. Updated and relaunched as of September 6, 2008.)
5. Merry Christmas, Mr. Gambit--December 24, 1976. (Complete).
6. Brazil--late February/early March, 1977, post-"Hostage" and latter portions of "Gnaws" and "Last of the Cybernauts...?" (Complete).
7. Life on Mars--July, 1977, immediately post-"Obsession." (Complete).
8. 'Til Death--September, 1977. Post-series. A mission with deadly consequences may break the team. Or change it forever. (Complete).
9. Same Time Next Year--November 1977. Post-series. Mike Gambit's past comes back to haunt him. (To come).
Further stories to come. This is a long series! There's an awful lot of editing and writing still to go, but I'm still working away at it.
II. Shorts: Although some of these can end up quite long. Little extra ideas that don't merit a full story.
III. AU: Stuff that blatantly violates the canon. What if? scenarios that I want to try, but which won't fit into the arc.
A word of warning--my fics place a heavy emphasis on the Purdey/Gambit relationship, and that doesn't leave as much room for Steed.
I hope you enjoy what I post, and I love to receive comments!
Also, I'm rating everything "T" just to be safe, but for the most part there's not much that could be considered "shocking." Just a little innuendo, but this is The Avengers...
The link to the inspiring image for "I Hear That Good Girls Die" is here.
I have a website! If you're also a fan of TNA, you may want to browse through it. It features TNA-related articles and photos from my collection, my writings, videos, comics, and more. I built it from scratch and continue to update it as a fun little project. It's can be found here, so have a look if you're interested.
I've also written a few fics for Monkey Island. I discovered the wonderful world of Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate, and his lovely British-accented wife, Elaine Marley when I played Tales of Monkey Island in October, 2009, and was hooked almost immediately. I never thought I'd write anything based on a computer game, but the cracker of a cliffhanger at the end of The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood changed that in a big way. Alas, other than Tales, I've only played the original, The Secret of Monkey Island, as well as LeChuck's Revenge. With such a large gap in my knowledge base, writing fic is difficult, and the unavailability of the other two games makes filling it nearly impossible. I've mainly focussed on the Guybrush/Elaine relationship for the moment, that being much of the impetus behind my writing anything at all based on the series, but I think I'll be tentative to go much further fiction-wise until I have a few more games under my belt. That said, you never know what will spark an idea. Stay tuned...
Note: I allow Anonymous reviews. So even if you don't have a Fanfiction.net account, I'd love to hear what you think!