Author has written 77 stories for Avengers, Monkey Island, Life on Mars, Randall & Hopkirk, Republic of Doyle, Department S/Jason King, and Sapphire & Steel.
I'm Timeless A-Peel, and I write fiction based on The New Avengers, the seventies "sequel" to the cult sixties British series starring Patrick Macnee, Gareth Hunt, and Joanna Lumley. I've long been a fan of the adventures of Mike Gambit and Purdey, and bemoaned the lack of attention they've received in the fiction world. There are some lovely works out there for Steed, and Emma, Tara, and even Cathy, but relatively little for Purdey and Gambit. I write to fix that.
Other than "Berlin," a piece I cowrote with rabidsamfan (available in the Avengers section, or linked through my favourites if you're interested), my stories tend to fall into three categories:
I. The "arc" (still active!): This is my main project, a series of stories meant to flesh out the timeline of the series. They take place before, during, and after the events of the show, and I try my best to adhere to the canon. Generally they can be read in any order, but sometimes things from earlier stories are alluded to. I use the production order and dates of the episodes for my timeline/template. A list of the episodes in that order can be found at The Avengers Forever. The topsy-turvy posting order is a consequence of my writing the stories in random order, but the gaps have been filled, and new stories will be posted in more or less chronological order from now on. There's still much, much more to come. Stay tuned...
The order is:
0. Lost Boys--June, 1975. Gambit and Steed's first assignment together. (Complete)
1. Anew--December, 1975. A first meetings story concerning Steed, Purdey, and Gambit's first assignment as a team. (Complete.)
2. Aftermath--February 6-8, 1976. Pre-series, based around the pre-credits sequence of "Last of the Cybernauts...?" (Complete).
3. Dance With Me--Late February/Early March, 1976. Ends with the early scenes in "Gnaws." (Complete).
4. The Anniversary--November, 1976, shortly after the end of season one. (Complete. Updated and relaunched as of September 6, 2008.)
5. Merry Christmas, Mr. Gambit--December 24, 1976. (Complete).
6. Brazil--late February/early March, 1977, post-"Hostage" and latter portions of "Gnaws" and "Last of the Cybernauts...?" (Complete).
7. Life on Mars--July, 1977, immediately post-"Obsession." (Complete).
8. 'Til Death--September, 1977. Post-series. A mission with deadly consequences may break the team. Or change it forever. (Complete).
9. Same Time Next Year--November, 1977. Post-series. Mike Gambit's past comes back to haunt him. (To come--hopefully!--in 2017).
Further stories to come. This is a long series! There's an awful lot of editing and writing still to go, but I'm still working away at it.
II. Shorts: Although some of these can end up quite long. Little extra ideas that don't merit a full story.
III. AU: Stuff that blatantly violates the canon. What if? scenarios that I want to try, but which won't fit into the arc.
A word of warning--my fics place a heavy emphasis on the Purdey/Gambit relationship, and that doesn't leave as much room for Steed.
I hope you enjoy what I post, and I love to receive comments!
I generally rate most things "T" to be safe, but for the most part there's not much that could be considered "shocking." Just a little innuendo, but this is The Avengers...
I also run a New Avengers website at avengersanew.com. It features TNA-related articles and photos from my collection, my writings, and more.
I've also written a few fics for the game series Monkey Island. I discovered the wonderful world of Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate, and his paramour/wife, Elaine Marley, through Tales of Monkey Island back in October, 2009, and have been a fan ever since. I never thought I'd write anything based on a computer game, but the cracker of a cliffhanger at the end of The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood changed that in a big way. I've now had the pleasure of playing all the games in the series, but all of my fics were written without the benefit of having played one or more of the games, so please forgive any glaring factual errors that might have been included along the way. I love the Guybrush/Elaine relationship, and most of my fics use it as a focal point. I'd love to write some more for them, and you never know what will spark an idea. Stay tuned...
Note: I allow Anonymous reviews. So even if you don't have a Fanfiction.net account, I'd love to hear what you think!