Author has written 2 stories for Sonic the Hedgehog.
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one in the same thing." -Solid Snake
"90 percent of what is considered "impossible" is actually possible. The other 10 percent will become possible with the passage of time and technology"
The above quotes are ones that I feel; as a fanfiction writer and as a conscious, intelligent, and logical person; should be read and heeded by all in this day and age.
Thanks for checking out my profile everyone. There isn't much to see here unless you wanna read about me lol. In a nutshell I'm the kinda guy who likes to kick back, play some games, watch anime, and have fun in general. If that sounds like you then feel free to drop me a PM and BS a bit with me. You wanna know more? I got some details down below...
#BringYakuzaWest - I've officially joined the cause to bring Yakuza 5 / Ryu Ga Gotoku 5 over to the west! You can check out all the latest news at www.yakuzafan.com
You can also follow them on twitter @YakFan and myself @Son_of_Majima and here is the link to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SonsofOcelot
Welcome one and all to my profile, my Outer Heaven, if you will.
DAMN! 2015 Already!? and 2016 ARound the corner in 3 months!?!?
Well if anyone keeps tabs on me anymore, I doubt it since i haven't posted anything in about 5 years, lots of things going on. Recently moved to the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina, started back to college finally, and gave up my Walmart job and got married. Lots of stuff...
As for current projects check below. I know I wrote LAST YEAR that I would be posting but that obviously never happened and writers block set in shortly after i posted my last update. I hope I can knock something out by the end of the year but we'll see... don't get your hopes up :P
As of current I think I have an idea forming for a Sonic novelization as I type this. I'm thinking Sonic CD as that game rarely gets mentioned and was, by and large, my favorite 90's Sonic title. Otherwise I may revisit my "Knuckles Party" fic and do a proper sequel or remake.
Well I got my long ass MGS project still. The initial plot summary is set and I've begun planning character bios and started the outline for the first 25 percent of the fic. It looks to be the biggest projects i've ever worked on and quite possibly the largest on FFN in the Metal Gear fandom. This fic is also the result of a chat conversation I had with a fellow Metal Gear enthusiast here on FFN about 3-4 years ago name Soldiers Shadow. I'm already crediting him 50 percent of the work. I may actually start working on this one soon... stay tuned.
The second Metal Gear fic I have in the works is a little idea that formulated very late one night, and by that I mean about 4:30am while "stone sparking", with new FFN author Repressed Hero (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/5291630/Repressed-Hero). The whole idea was conceived over the course of about 3 days last summer and has since gone largely untouched, but having recently cleaned my room I stumbled upon the notes we had jotted down in an old notebook from highschool. Basic synopsis is done but again a LOT of the details still need to be ironed out and worked over. Once R.H. gets done with one of his fics I'll probably bring it up to him again and get it closer to completion, but as of now it will remain untouched and as such might or might not happen.
Occupation(s): Full-time Student
Current Location: Greater Raleigh-Durham Area of NC
People I would like to meet:
Video Games: Metal Gear Solid series, Bayonetta, Genesis-Era Sonic, any Super Mario Brothers game prior to and including Super Mario 64, Contra, Tekken series, Mortal Kombat series
Wrestlers: Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley, Solomon Crowe/Sammi Calahan, Mick Foley, Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, Sting, Seth Rollins
Movies: Die Hard series, Bourne series, Rush Hour series
TV/Cartoons/Anime: Death Note, Welcome to the N.H.K., KissXSis, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Panic, Gurren Lagann, Samurai Champloo, SatAM, AoSTH, Deadliest Warrior, MythBusters, Attack of the Show, Ninja Warrior, X-Play
Musicians/Bands: CANTOY, Onmyouza, RadWimps, The Pillows, Nightmare, RAMPANT, Luna Sea, Exist Trace, Maximum the Hormone, D'espairsRay, Dir en Grey, Vocaloid (Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka, Kaito, Rin and Len), Metallica (older stuff), AC/DC, Harry Gregson-Williams, Ozzy Osbourne, The Ramones, Green Day, Nirvana, Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, The Who, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Blue Oyster Cult, Shinedown, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns n' Roses, Bad Religion, Crush 40, HIM, Creed, AlterBridge, MegaRAN (AKA Random), MC Frontalot... do you really want me to keep going? lol
Things I like in fanfics:
1) I love a good plot (who doesn't though). Lots of plot twists, complex characters, cliffhangers, well written action scenes, that sort of thing...
2) Fics that aren't a forced funny. I'm sure someone who reads this will know what I'm talking about. Check out Some1Else's Metal Gear fics, or Shawn Jones' Sonic fics if you don't know what i'm talking about. Those stories in the humor section that put characters WAY out of place and other stuff to make it funny are NOT funny IMHO. The fics I mentioned above are rated T and M respectively but I mention them as being a non-forced funny because you can picture the characters actually acting like this off camera very easily (or at least I can).
3) Villain fics! There are not enough of these in any fandom. Any fic that tells the story of a villain character is fine with me. As a matter of fact I find most villain fics more entertaining than a regular hero centered fic because most all of them tell a story from that characters past that doesn't get detailed in the show/game/movie.
4) Background stories: Well written stories that detail a characters past in a pretty much canon fashion. The author Frank Hunter has a pretty good fic titled "The Road to Outer Heaven". It details Snakes' training in FOXHOUND before he goes on his first solo mission to Outer Heaven. This is a prime example of what I'm talking about.
5) Crack fics: Don't get me wrong there are a lot of BAD crack stories, but I've found a few that are good for a laugh when I'm feeling down.
Things I do not like in fanfics:
1) see #2 above
2) pairings: Ok this is not entirely true anymore as there are some pairings that I don't mind at all.
Favorite Characters (by series and within the series my order of favoritism)
Sonic the Hedgehog: Knuckles, Robotnik, Sonic, Vector, Shadow, Espio, Sally, Rouge, Antoine, Mighty, Tails, Charmy, Amy
Mario: Luigi and Mario
Metal Gear: Ocelot, Liquid Snake, Grey Fox, Big Boss, Solid Snake, Hal "Otacon" Emerich, Raiden, Sniper Wolf, Vamp, Johnny "Akiba" Sasaki, Psycho Mantis, The Sorrow, and the inept Genome Soldiers (in reality this series is an exception to my rule. I love ALL of the characters from this series!)
Mortal Kombat: Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Scorpion, Johnny Cage, Ermac, Lui Kang, Baraka
Tekken: Kazuya, Paul, Law, Hworang, Jin
Well that is enough for now I think so thanks for visiting! Remember that comments and criticisms are always appreciated, and enjoy the Fanfiction. :)
|Community:||Sons of Ocelot's Review Corner|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|