Author has written 2 stories for Sonic the Hedgehog.
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one in the same thing." -Solid Snake
"90 percent of what is considered "impossible" is actually possible. The other 10 percent will become possible with the passage of time and technology"
The above quotes are ones that I feel; as a fanfiction writer and as a conscious, intelligent, and logical person; should be read and heeded by all in this day and age.
Thanks for checking out my profile everyone. There isn't much to see here unless you wanna read about me lol. In a nutshell I'm the kinda guy who likes to kick back, play some games, watch anime, and have fun in general. If that sounds like you then feel free to drop me a PM and BS a bit with me. You wanna know more? I got some details down below...
#BringYakuzaWest - I've officially joined the cause to bring Yakuza 5 / Ryu Ga Gotoku 5 over to the west! You can check out all the latest news at www.yakuzafan.com
You can also follow them on twitter @YakFan and myself @Son_of_Majima and here is the link to my youtube channel:
Welcome one and all to my profile, my Outer Heaven, if you will. Profile update since I was last here, which for those keeping track was this time last year. A lot can happen in a year you know? I got engaged to the love of my life Molly, I got a promotion at work (full-time wireless sales department manager!), and I got to be in a Japanese music video for J-Rock band CANTOY! (check it out here:I'm in it at 2:01 look for the tall curly haired guy with glasses behind the girls in the front and again at 3:18)
And while it may be a bit of a shock to my system, and certainly a lot of people who enjoyed them, I will be deleting all of my posted stories with the exception of "Knuckles Party". I will be deleting these as soon as i finish typing this update. WHY? Because I wish to start anew... I want to write again and I know I've said the same in the past and did not follow through. BUT... I do have a few plot synopsis' written out and hopefully I'll start posting again soon. This new salvaged laptop i have should let me work on them at work at the very least so when i'm on lunch i might get a few paragraphs punched out. I have some synopsis penned out, or in the early stages of planning for: 2 metal gear fics and 1 sonic fic... we'll see how it goes this time around.
Anyways i've also removed a LOTof junk from this page as you might notice. No more garbage posts just some simple quotes at the top and general information through out. I'm hoping to at least work on fics one night out of the week (probably Sundays) and get some real work done on these fics.
"Sons of Ocelot" is back! And this time I shall surpass my prior destiny and set forth to make MY Outer Heaven!
Sons of Ocelot
Currently I have 1 Metal Gear fic in the early stages of development. The initial plot summary is set and I've begun planning character bios and started the outline for the first 25 percent of the fic. It looks to be the biggest projects i've ever worked on and quite possibly the largest on FFN in the Metal Gear fandom. This fic is also the result of a chat conversation I had with a fellow Metal Gear enthusiast here on FFN about 3-4 years ago name Soldiers Shadow. I'm already crediting him 50 percent of the work.
Currently I'm also working on a collaboration work with Repressed Hero titled "Grand Theft Auto: Misadventures". It's a Grand Theft Auto fic based loosely upon our GTA Online exploits and centers around the duo of Wolf and Ocelot. These two friends always seem to be getting into some sort of trouble and can't really seem to ever agree on anything other than their hate for the LSPD and their love of women and money. This is one project that I'm really enjoying working on and am eager to continue with. Check it out here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9829638/1/Grand-Theft-Auto-Misadventures Episode 3 is up!
The second Metal Gear fic I have in the works is a little idea that formulated very late one night, and by that I mean about 4:30am while "stone sparking", with new FFN author Repressed Hero (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/5291630/Repressed-Hero). The whole idea was conceived over the course of about 3 days last summer and has since gone largely untouched, but having recently cleaned my room I stumbled upon the notes we had jotted down in an old notebook from highschool. Basic synopsis is done but again a LOT of the details still need to be ironed out and worked over. Once R.H. gets done with one of his fics I'll probably bring it up to him again and get it closer to completion, but as of now it will remain untouched and as such might or might not happen.
Lastly I have a Sonic fic that is in it's infancy in my mind. I don't really have a set ending for it and I do not know whether i want to make it into a series or not. The most i can really say about it now with certainty is that it will likely contain settings and characters introduced into the series in "Sonic Adventure 2" and prior with an emphasis on SatAM and Genesis era Sonic.
Also I'll likely rehash "Knuckles is Missing" at some point but I'm not certain of this yet.
Occupation(s): Wireless Sales Department Manager at Walmart (oh boy)
Current Location: Near Meadville, Pennsylvania, USA
People I would like to meet:
Video Games: Metal Gear Solid series, Bayonetta, Genesis-Era Sonic, any Super Mario Brothers game prior to and including Super Mario 64, Contra, Tekken series, Mortal Kombat series
Movies: Die Hard series, Bourne series, Rush Hour series
TV/Cartoons/Anime: Death Note, Welcome to the N.H.K., KissXSis, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Panic, Gurren Lagann, Samurai Champloo, SatAM, AoSTH, Deadliest Warrior, MythBusters, Attack of the Show, Ninja Warrior, X-Play
Musicians/Bands: CANTOY, Onmyouza, RadWimps, The Pillows, Nightmare, RAMPANT, Luna Sea, Exist Trace, Maximum the Hormone, D'espairsRay, Dir en Grey, Vocaloid (Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka, Kaito, Rin and Len), Metallica (older stuff), AC/DC, Harry Gregson-Williams, Ozzy Osbourne, The Ramones, Green Day, Nirvana, Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, The Who, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Blue Oyster Cult, Shinedown, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns n' Roses, Bad Religion, Crush 40, HIM, Creed, AlterBridge, Tupac, MegaRAN (AKA Random), MC Frontalot... do you really want me to keep going? lol
Things I like in fanfics:
1) I love a good plot (who doesn't though). Lots of plot twists, complex characters, cliffhangers, well written action scenes, that sort of thing...
2) One shots. Yeah, I like them as long as they make me laugh or think about some thing. If they are just garbled up gibberish then I will not read it
3) Fics that aren't a forced funny. I'm sure someone who reads this will know what I'm talking about. Check out Some1Else's Metal Gear fics, or Shawn Jones' Sonic fics if you don't know what i'm talking about. Those stories in the humor section that put characters WAY out of place and other stuff to make it funny are NOT funny IMHO. The fics I mentioned above are rated T and M respectivly but I mention them as being a non-forced funny because you can picture the characters actually acting like this off camera very easily (or at least I can).
4) Villain fics! There are not enough of these in any fandom. Any fic that tells the story of a villain character is fine with me. As a matter of fact I find most villain fics more entertaining than a regular hero centric fic because most all of them tell a story from that characters past that doesn't get detailed in the show/game/movie.
5) Background stories: Well written stories that detail a characters past in a pretty much canon fashion. The author Frank Hunter has a pretty good fic titled "The Road to Outer Heaven". It details Snakes' training in FOXHOUND before he goes on his first solo mission to Outer Heaven. This is a prime example of what I'm talking about.
6) Crack fics: Don't get me wrong there are a lot of BAD crack stories, but I've found a few that are good for a laugh when I'm feeling down.
Things I do not like in fanfics:
1) see #3 above
2) pairings: Ok this is not entirely true anymore as there are some pairings that I don't mind at all. I usually do not like yaoi pairings but there are some stories that are an exception.
Favorite Characters (by series and within the series my order of favoritism)
Sonic the Hedgehog: Knuckles, Robotnik, Sonic, Vector, Shadow, Espio, Sally, Rouge, Antoine, Mighty, Tails, Charmy, Amy
Mario: Luigi and Mario
Metal Gear: Ocelot, Liquid Snake, Grey Fox, Big Boss, Solid Snake, Hal "Otacon" Emerich, Raiden, Sniper Wolf, Vamp, Johnny "Akiba" Sasaki, Psycho Mantis, The Sorrow, and the inept Genome Soldiers (in reality this series is an exception to my rule. I love ALL of the characters from this series!)
Mortal Kombat: Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Scorpion, Johnny Cage, Ermac, Lui Kang, Baraka
Tekken: Kazuya, Paul, Law, Hworang, Jin
Well that is enough for now I think. Thanks for visiting. Remember that comments and criticisms are always appreciated, and enjoy the Fanfiction.
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||Sons of Ocelot's Review Corner|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|