Author has written 3 stories for Alex Rider, and Harry Potter.
So... I'll say a few random non-identifying things about myself: I love riding horses. I wear glasses... sometimes. I'm always forgetting to put them on. I have this obsession with dragons and phoenixes, and I'm hoping to write a story with one someday... My biggest pet-peeve is stupid traffic; slow/barmy drivers, long lights, road construction, lorries in general-- they drive me mad!
Books: These are some of my favorites (I have so many): Alex Rider, Harry Potter, Shakespeare, Queen's Thief Trilogy, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Seer and the Sword, Narnia series, and lots more.
Fanfics I read (for some reason or another): Mostly Harry Potter and Alex Rider. Some Supernatural, Merlin, Narnia, a few other random fics.
Ships: NO SLASH. Sorry- just not my thing people. In HP the classic ships are my favs. But I don't mind other combos (as long as their good characters and reasonable and all). Alex/Sab are okay... but I'm not a huge fan of Sab, so I actually like NO romance in Alex fics- I've not yet read a good enough girl for him. The one fic that I can stand and actually like Sabina in is Ask No Questions, by Lil Lupin. For other fics... eh. I'm not a huge romance fan anyways, so I don't really care however it's done. As long as it's not something mental like a 20yr age difference, or incest. ew.
Styles: Almost any fics really, just not a big fan of romance, like i said, or evil-Harry/Alex. Also, fics where the main character is just a kid and never even gets older (meaning non-double-digits) are... boring. I love the fanfics where it shows Alex's homelife, and also where he goes to the SAS for 'training'. I'm a goner for angst and/or drama. Dunno why, but I get a bit bored with fics that have a lot of conversations, thoughts, and etc that are so... dry... without some feelings behind em all. Obviously, action is great too. And I like humor mixed in, but JUST the humor fics can be a bit shallow. These are sort of my preferences for actual novels and books too... I guess I do like it when the author tries to stay as close to character as the original books... Right. So that's definitely enough rambling in this subject.
I've been reading fanfiction for years, but just recently signed up- I wanted to be a beta. I think lots of people have good ideas, but could use some help/promptings to make their fics better. Unfortunately, i have to write a whole load of stories before I can become a certified beta. And I'm a real slow writer- I have ideas that run rampant in my head, but it takes forever to get it all written down.
However, if anyone wants some help with their fics- message me. I can be your 'uncertified' beta... or I can try. I'm a bit busy for now, with life and all, so I guess it's good that I can't beta yet. I'd be pretty negligent. But, if anyone has great ideas, or maybe wants some ideas for writing stories- message me and I we can work on a story together! Likewise, if someone ever wants ideas for stories- ask me! I have herds/packs/loads/whatever of plot bunnies bounding through my head all the time. Only I never have the time or patience to write them out myself.
One last thing. I really am rather bad about updating. I have loads and loads of ideas for new fics, stories, plot lines, challenges, conversations, etc. Only I'm much too... er, unmotivated to write them myself. SO. If anyone is looking for new ideas, tips, anything: ask me. I'd love to see some of my ideas on here, only I never get around to doing it myself.
Now, because I'm addicted to quotes and have generally enjoy reading all the quotes and sayings and rubbish on others' profiles; I'm going to add some here!
My Favorite Quotes/Sayings/Phrases/Profile-Pasters, etc
MURPHY'S LESSER-KNOWN LAWS:
1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
2. He who laughs last thinks slowest.
3. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
4. Those that live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
5. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
6. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90 probability you'll get it wrong.
7. If you lined up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them, five or six at a time, on a hill, in the fog.
8. If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
9. The things that come to those who wait will be the things left by those who got there first.
10. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
11. A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.
12. The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
13. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
-- Just Some Advice --
If you can't beat them, confuse them.
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.
The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Life is just one bad thing after another. Unless it's a bunch of bad things all at once.