Poll: Lost Effect: Paring Poll Revised! Which of these pairings do you want to see? Vote Now!
Author has written 12 stories for Avatar: Last Airbender, Death Note, Assassin's Creed, Danny Phantom, Dead Space, Harry Potter, Team Fortress 2, Mass Effect, Red vs. Blue, Dragon Age, and Fullmetal Alchemist.
Each visitor is permitted two (2) votes in the poll.
The pairing with the most votes is not guaranteed to happen. I will take your votes into consideration, but I have final say.
No, I do not know when Lost Effect will reach cannon events. It will happen eventually.
"Uncomfortably Close" and "Tabula Rasa" are both, unfortunately, dead. There will never be new updates for them. Sorry.
Updates on Lost Effect:
I'm back. Hopefully for a while. I've started work on the next chapter and I hope to have it done for you guys soon.
Progress was made. Approx. 700 words of progress to be exact. Not nearly as much as I'd like, but I have school tomorrow.
1195 words as of now. My schoolwork unexpectedly exploded, so a lot of my attention is going there and not here. Work is still being done, I promise.
List of musical inspirations for "Lost Effect":
I'm a big fan of music. Whenever possible I'm listening to something, and my tastes are pretty varied. This is a list of some music I listen to while writing "Lost Effect". 'Thematic' means it's a piece that evokes a particular feeling or thought process for a scene or chapter (or whole arc). 'Character' means it's heavily related to a character. 'Lyrics and tone' means that it matches what I was looking for in both it's lyrics and tone, but just 'lyrics' or 'tone' alone means that it didn't fit perfectly. A song with 'partial lyrics' only partly fit a character with it's lyrics. Quotes after a 'character' listing are particular lines that work especially well with the character the song is for. More may be listed over time.
"Running Up That Hill" - Placebo (Thematic - tone)
"Something Beautiful" - Oleander (Thematic - lyrics and tone)
"Help I'm Alive" - Metric (Thematic - lyrics and tone)
"Chinatown Theme" - Unknown Artist, from OST of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (Thematic - tone)
"Beautiful Lies" - B-Complex (Thematic - tone)
"Fake It" - Seether (Thematic - lyrics and tone)
"Shape of Things to Come" - Bear McCreary (Thematic - tone)
"Only Happy When It Rains" - Garbage (Thematic - tone)
"Vengeance" - Zack Hemsey (Thematic - tone)
"Black" - Danger Mouse ft. Norah Jones (Thematic - lyrics and tone)
"Black" - Kari Kimmel (Thematic - lyrics and tone)
"Home" - Three Days Grace (Character - partial lyrics and tone) "This is not a home. I think I'm better off alone."
"Unknown Soldier" - Breaking Benjamin (Character - lyrics and tone) "It only hurts just once. They're only broken bones. Hide the hate inside."
"Somewhere I Belong" - Linkin Park (Character - partial lyrics and tone) "I will never know myself until I do this on my own."
"Let It Rock" - Kevin Rudolf (Character - partial lyrics and tone) "And you take your time. And you stand in line. Well, you'll get what's yours. I got mine."
[preference for this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyJO0I0ehF0 which removes the section sung by 'Lil Wayne]
"Firefly" - Breaking Benjamin (Character - partial lyrics and tone) "Bring me your enemies, lay them before me, and walk away."
"Nobody's Home" - Avril Lavigne (Character - lyrics and tone) "She wants to go home, but nobody's home."
"Numb" - Linkin Park (Character - partial lyrics and tone) "Every step that I take is another mistake to you."
"No Roads Left" - Linkin Park (Character - lyrics and tone) "When did I lose my sense of purpose? Can I regain what's lost inside?"
"Paint It Back" - Lee Mead (Character - lyrics and tone) "I see people turn their heads and quickly look away. Like a newborn baby, it just happens everyday."
"Just Like You" - Three Days Grace (Character - lyrics and tone) "I'm alone, so I won't turn out like you want me to."
"Hero" - Nickelback (Character - lyrics and tone) "And they say that a hero can save us. I'm not gonna stand here and wait."
Just a little something I found elsewhere:
Ten Reasons Why Gay Marriages Are Wrong
(A Little Humor and sarcastic)
1. Being gay is not natural. And as you know Americans have always rejected unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because, as you know, a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed. The sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, menopausal women, women who have a medical condition which makes it harmful to be pregnant, women who have had a tubal ligation, men who have had a vasectomy, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
A funny thing I found about the best word ever:
Perhaps one of the most interesting words in the English language today is the word "fuck." Out of all the English words that begin with the letter "F", fuck is the only word that is referred to as the "F" word. It's the one magical word that just by its sound can describe pain, pleasure, hate and love.
Fuck, as most words in the English language, is derived from German, the word 'flicken' which means "to strike." In English, fuck falls into many grammatical categories. As a transital verb for instance, "John fucked Shirley." As an intransitive verb, "Shirley fucks."
Its meaning's not always sexual, it can be used as an adjective such as "John's doing all the fucking work." As part of an adverb, "Shirley talks too fucking much." As an adverb enhancing an adjective, "Shirley is fucking beautiful." As a noun, "I don't give a fuck." As part of a word, "Abso-fucking-lutely" or "In-fucking-credible." And, as almost every word in a sentence, "Fuck the fucking fuckers."
As you must realize, there aren't too many words with the versatility of "fuck", as in these examples describing situations such as:
Fraud: "I got fucked at the used car lot."
Dismay: "Aw fuck it."
Trouble: "I guess I'm really fucked now."
Aggression: "Don't fuck with me buddy."
Difficulty: "I don't understand this fucking question!"
Inquiry: "Who the fuck was that?"
Dissatisfaction: "I don't like what the fuck is going on here."
In Confidence: "He's a fuck off."
Dismissal: "Why don't you go outside and play 'hide and go fuck yourself?'"
I'm sure you can think of many more examples. With all of these multi-purpose applications, how can anyone be offended when you use the word? We say, use this unique, flexible word more often in your daily speech. It will identify the quality of your character immediately.
Say it loudly and proudly, "Fuck you!"
The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with - Marty Feldman
Unsafe External Link