Author has written 14 stories for SaGa Frontier, Mega Man, and Tales of Vesperia.
Last Updated: September 22, 2011
Hello! I'm a 26-year-old married guy who spends far too much time doing things he shouldn't (like watching movies and playing video games) while not spending enough time on the things he should (like sleeping and writing). I enjoy laughing and having fun, and dislike being mean and/or angry.
I do most of my writing while slacking off at work, so updates can get kinda sketchy if I'm having a really busy time. Sorry! If you want more consistent updates, feel free to pay my living expenses. :D
I write for myself. I write things the way I want them to go, and I write at the speed I want to write at. If nobody on the entire planet ever read anything I posted, I'd still write it, because I enjoy doing it. I just post these things on the internet in case other people can get some enjoyment out of it. I also do it to practice and improve my writing, and one of the best ways to become a better writer is to have other writers look at your work. I know not every person who reads stories around here is a writer (in fact, even many of the 'writers' are rather atrocious impostors) but a few of you are, and it's nice to hear from you. I check out the profile of every person who reviews or favorites me, and I've found a lot of neat stories by doing so, some of which have even inspired me to change my writing style a bit. It's all part of the learning process, and I thank every one of you who's helped me out along the way. But don't ever think you're the sole motivation behind what I do.
Also, as many people have discovered already, I take criticism with a laugh, a joke, and a grain of salt. You might not think so because my stories all seem to turn out dark and depressing for some reason (a fact of which I am painfully aware), but in reality I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky guy. I am my own worst critic, so if you feel like leaving a critical review, please do - I enjoy reading them, and it's very unlikely that you'll offend me more than I already offend myself. (That sentence doesn't really make sense...moving on!) It's always nice to hear what my writing looks like from a different point of view, even if I don't particularly agree with it.
With that out of the way, please enjoy your stay, and I hope to hear from you. :)
Current works in progress (in order of priority):
1) Megaman ZX - "Return to Zero". This is my biggest writing project to date. Takes place after ZXA, explains some of the events of the ZX games, and brings back everyone's favourite beam-saber wielding hero to kick some butts. Updates are slow and sporadic due to real-life commitments, so if you enjoy it I suggest putting a story alert or something on it, as the update schedule is going to be very...bizarre. I really want to get this finished though, so don't expect me to let it die anytime soon.
Shortly after posting part 24 I met my girlfriend for the first time, then two months later we got married. Shortly after that I bought a house, a car, a dog, and a cat, then got a lot more responsibility at work, so I have zero time to write anything these days. It took me almost a year to get part 25 out, let's see how long it takes to get part 26 going. I make no promises.
2) Megaman Zero - "Daughter of Light". Pre-Megaman Zero. The story of Ciel, from before her birth to the opening sequence of the first game in the Zero series. How does a nine-year-old girl create a copy of the legendary X from scratch? And how does she go from there to leading the Resistance against him? An interesting story, indeed. I haven't actually posted any chapters for this, but work is being done in the background whenever I need a break from RtZ. Not sure when I'll start posting.
4) Tales of Vesperia - "Judith, a Portrait of Solitude". (I couldn't think of a better name, so I stole one off the soundtrack - it may change later if I can think of something not-dumb.) Unfortunately, updates on this are at an end, for the time being. I probably won't do any more updates until I finish Return to Zero, but I do intend on finishing at some point. I just can't leave you alone, Judith baby! :D
Ideas currently vying for writing time in my head:
1) Megaman ZX. Taking place after the events of Return to Zero. This one's really just a whole bunch of loose ideas at this point, but it would involve Grey in some shape or form. I can't really say anything else without spoiling the events of RtZ. Multi-chapter, but nowhere near as long as RtZ (I hope).
2) Pre-Megaman ZX - "Red Courage". The story of Giro, from his "birth" to the beginning of MMZX, including how he joined up with the Guardians, discovered Model Z, ended up as an adoptive parent to a troublesome pair of twins, and started his own delivery business. Multi-chapter.
3) Pre-MMZX - no firm title yet. Tells the story of the tragic fate that befell Ciel at the hands of Serpent, and how Prairie dealt with it afterward. Kind of a depressing (and possibly gruesome) choice of topic material, but it bugs me that something like this is basically glossed over in the game. This would likely be a 2-chapter deal, though that would depend on exactly how long I can ramble on about stuff.
4) Pre- to End-MMZ3. "The End of Arcadia". Short one or twoshot piece detailing the return and destruction of Omega, from Leviathan's point of view. This grew out of another piece I was writing and decided to expand on it, because I like writing Leviathan. 2-chapter fic, can probably crunch it out some weekend when I don't feel like working on RtZ.
Reader/reviewer/cool guy/girl ShadowFox777 drew a picture of a 'certain character' from part 21 of Return to Zero. (I don't want to spoil things, but if you've read the story, you know who it is.) Words cannot express how awesome this is to me (and I'm the writer, here). He's not quite how I pictured him, but I like it this way better, so we'll just pretend that's what I thought he looked like all along. :) You can find it here: