Author has written 6 stories for Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Vampire Knight, Yu Yu Hakusho, and xxxHOLiC.
Erm... hi. I'm jellolids, also known as Sloth, Taida, Jihadi, and, well, a lot of other names that are waaay too close to my real name, and therefore are not going to go up here! On sites such as this, I claim the persona of Jihadi Sloth. Don't try looking it up- if there is a real Jihadi Sloth, it isn't me. I was raised to be a good girl, and fear the internet stalkers, so you won't be finding my real name, or any pictures of me. (Note the profile picture is a rather nifty photo-layered iris close up. And it's aaaaaaall mine!) Sorry, but I have no desire to get kidnapped. I've heard too many horror stories not to be cautious.
You can also find me on DeviantArt! I'm jellolids there too. I have a lot more stuff up there. I'm rather fond of the non-fanfiction stuff so if you have DeviantArt, it would be lovely if you took a look at it sometime! I'm also on Archive of Our Own, as of quite recently. I only have The Price of Hitsuzen on there, though, so don't go looking for my older stuff.
That's about it, really. If you want to leave a comment, I'm always open to that. I do have one request: if you're going to tell me on a story that you don't like a pairing, and nothing else, please don't bother to comment. I don't particularly care if you don't like, say, InuKag, because you are a KagKog fan, or something like that. If you don't like the pairing enough to complain about it, why are you even reading the story? However, most other comments, even negative ones, are appreciated. If you spot a grammar/spelling problem, please comment and let me know about it! I know I find it irksome when I am forced to read a fanfiction that has terrible grammar or spelling, and therefore, I don't want to inflict bad spelling/grammar on others. Fair is fair, and all that.
Ahhhh, Grad School. It's a lovely, lovely place, involving lots of academic writing. As I'm working towards a PhD, I will be here for a while. Which means that writing may be limited. I'm not sorry.
I'm going to state this now, because it needs to be stated: I am a college student. That means that I have very limited free time. A good deal of that free time I'm going to want to spend doing things that don't require me to use my brain. This means that I'm not going to want to write a lot, so updates will probably be very spread out. Sad truth. I will put them up as I finish them.
I have decided that I need to declare a few things:
1. InuYasha is NOT my favorite anime/manga. Actually, it kind of irritates me. The plot is not sufficient to support the length of the story, and it gets REALLY repetitive. However, most of my fanfiction is InuYasha because, as mean as it sounds, the characters are predictable, which means that I can stuff them into various random situations, and actually gasp figure out how they would react incredibly easily.
2. Much more interesting are FullMetal Alchemist,1/2 Prince, From Far Away, Please Save My Earth, V.B. Rose, Kiss of the Rose Princess, and all things CLAMP. Granted, I've only watched the 2006 anime of FMA, and about 13 episodes of Brotherhood, but still. In addition, as childish as it may seem, Digimon Adventure is quite awesome, as is Digimon Tamers. At least, the Japanese subs are. I still don't know how I feel about the dubbed version. Side effect of watching the subs first, I suppose...
3. The first manga I ever read was Fruits Basket. There's a catch, though. I didn't read it in English. I read it in French. Yes, I'm a language nut. It's quite sad, but I love it!
4. I don't understand the American urge to change perfectly good Japanese names into random English ones. I mean, I can understand Taichi to Tai, Yamato to Matt, Hikari to Kari and heck, even Izumi Koushiro to Izzy and Touya to Tori. I don't like it, but I can see it. What I can't see is Miyako to Yolei, Tomoyo to Madison, Iori to Cody, Tailmon to Gatomon, and Yukito to Julian. I'm sure there are more of these sudden random name changes. I just don't have the heart to force myself to watch both the dubs and the subs to find out. It's too painful.
5. With the possible exception of FMA and a few others, the manga is always better. Period, statement, declarative sentence.
6. Current pieces of interest are the manga Love So Life, Skip Beat!, and the anime Log Horizon, A Certain Magical Index, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Digimon Tamers. The last two have been on the 'I'm GOING to finish this series, because it's awesome, but... Time!' list for AGES. The manga are just that much fun.
7. If you want my favorites... hmmmm... let's see... From Far Away, most definitely, as well as Please Save My Earth. Those are older titles, but excellent. I'm rather fond of V.B. Rose, as well, and mourn the fact that it was released stateside by Tokyo Pop, meaning that it's gone more or less bye-bye with the company. Also incredibly good is Kiss of the Rose Princess, which I... don't think is released legally stateside. I found scans of it, which lead me into freak out mode when I discovered that it's released by Soleil in France. I treasure my volume of it, even though no one else in my social circle can read it. Anime wise, you're looking at X/1999 in second, and Sword Art Online as my personal favorite, for all that I'd like to submit that second arc Asuna irks my feminist tendencies. Ah well. Still, I'm very fond of it!