Author has written 76 stories for Chronicles of Narnia, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Clique, Fairy Tales, H2O: Just Add Water, Strange Days at Blake Holsey High, Little White Horse, His Dark Materials, Bible, Stardust, Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, Avalon High, Maximum Ride, Once Upon a Time, Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story, Grimm, Anastasia, A Kid in King Arthur's Court/A Kid in Aladdin's Palace, Anastasia's Secret, City of Ember, Aquamarine, and Hunger Games.
Hello there! Welcome to the profile page of LucyCrewe11!
Avatar/profile picture: me wearing a hooded cloak. I added in the snowy background myself, LOL.
Favorite books: The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, Here Lies Arthur by Philip Reeve, The Lost Crown by Sarah Miller, Unwind by Neal Shusterman, East by Edith Pattou, A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson, Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon, Anastasia's Secret by Susanne Dunlap, and The Host by Stephenie Meyer.
Favorite movies: The Host, Frozen, Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story, The 10th Kingdom, Mirror Mirror, 500 Days of Summer, Anastasia, Snow Queen (2002), The Polar Bear King, The Black Cauldron, Romeo and Juliet (2013), and Snow White: Fairest of Them All.
SHOUT OUT (please read): Dear readers, first off I would like to say thank you for all your years of supporting me on this site. Secondly, I apologize for not having had the time nor internet access to update or post new stories on here as much as I used to. Needless to say, though, I still love writing; it remains a true passion of mine and my prime goal is to be published someday. Not simply as a one-time deal, but so that it can be my CAREER. I really, really, really love to write. In the past, I've had reviewers on here tell me "If you ever write a novel, let me know, I wanna read it!" if that is true, now is your chance to show it and help me. I have written a YA urban fantasy novel that I am seeking an agent for. Getting an agent may be my best chance of ever getting my novel out there. I'd love to share it with the world, and you wonderful readers who have always supported and lovingly corrected me (sometimes very bluntly, as every honest author needs) can assist in this. Do you know an agent who would give me the time of day seeking new clients? Are you an agent yourself? Do you have any information to share? Then please send me a PM! If you don't know anything, though, and are just here to read "Where the Lamppost Flickers" or "Diamond Flask" for the hundredth time, do know from the bottom of my heart that I welcome your moral support fully. All I ask is, when or if things change for you and by some twist of fate you end up in the agent/publishing world, don't about forget me, okay?
Best wishes as always,
To the person who left this anon. review on my A Kid in King Arthur's Court Story: "Lots of mis information in here but it takes too long in a review length to shift thru it all." I have deleted your review not because I'm being negative or am upset that the review is not glowing, that's perfectly fine, but because your review strikes me as somewhat pointless. If my fic had enough problems that it wouldn't have fit in a review box, you still could have taken the time to touch on a few of them. Simply saying my story has problems that need fixing but giving me no idea what they are or how to fix them is not useful to me. I value you opinion, as I do those of all people who take the time to review, but seeing as you really went to lengths NOT to share it, I went out of my way to delete it. IF you wish to re-post and touch on what you thought was wrong with the story, be my guest. Or you can even swing by my unloved fandoms forum and start a thread where you will have amble room to explain your beef with my fanfiction. If not, your review will remain deleted.
Drop by my forums!:https://www.fanfiction.net/myforums/LucyCrewe11/1665910/
Now then, If you're here for...
White Fabergé Lilies (UPDATE INFO, PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING THIS FIC!): This story is still "active" officially but I'd been unable to complete writing it because of not having a computer. However, I finally got myself a new laptop! Also, some work has been started on the next chapter; it IS coming. So that's the good news. The bad? Well... I don't have 100 percent regular internet access. So no promises.
The sequel to These Games We Play: This is still on hold at the moment.
Manor of Lions: 'Officially' discontinued, but have been considering bringing it back at some point in the future.
The Darkest Light: Guys, PLEASE, stop asking me about this one. That project was abandoned back in 2008!
Just to say hi: By all means, send me a PM! I love hearing from my readers and my friends; I always try to reply, even if it takes me a while sometimes. OR find me on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/lovetolovefairytales
That should just about cover it, I believe.
If you're one of those people who gets excited every time they get a new review, copy and paste this in your profile.
If you have ever had to hop up and down on a stool in a bookstore because you were too short to reach the shelf the book you wanted was on, Copy/paste this into your profile.
If you've ever wished you could go into a book and strangle some of the characters for being so incredibly dumb, copy and paste this onto your profile.
If you wish that a fictional character was real, copy and paste this to your profile
The 27 Commandments of Fanfiction
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given you a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it.
2. Thou shalt not post a chapter of less than 100 words, unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
3. Thou shalt not put author's notes in the middle of the story.
4. Thou shalt NEVER use text-speak in a fic, unless the characters are actually texting.
5. Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6. Apply the above number 5 to POVs as well.
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8. Thou shalt not use :) , ;D , or >:( in a fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character.
9. Thou shalt try-eth to keep characters in character!
10. Thou shalt not treat every criticism as a flame.
11. The author's note is not a spot for your personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12. Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shalt not insert thyself into the story line as thyself or as a character- yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic, we just don’t want to read about how you end up with the main character.
15. If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original story line, point it out in the beginning.
16. Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change (a good reason).
17. Thou shalt show and not tell.
18. Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in-est thine summary. This annoys thine readers.
19. Thou shalt not write the same way thou speak-est - writing is an art.
20. Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly. Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise.
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody or b) find a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise thine readers shalt be confuse-ed.
23. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. THIS INFURIATES BOTH THINE READER AND THE FANFICTION GODS. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason.
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on, it displeases the masses and causes thy readers to lose their vision and make angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before you writeth the fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts from the story.
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary "summary inside". This shows lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shall use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.
20 Ways To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity.
1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.
2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.
3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.
4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In."
5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.
6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write "For Smuggling Diamonds"
7. Finish All Your sentences with "In Accordance With The Prophecy."
8. Don't use any punctuation
9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.
10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."
12. Sing Along At The Opera.
13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme
14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds All Day.
15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not In The Mood.
16. Have Your Co-workers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.
17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"
18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"
19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. "Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."
20. And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of I! nsanity...Copy and Paste this into your profile!! Whee, insanity is FUN!
If you are one of the few people who don't have or want to have a myspace/facebook, copy and paste this into your profile.
Pluto was declared no longer a planet on August 27 of 2006 just because it was 'too small' and 'off its orbit' for a couple scientists' likings. If you still think Pluto should be a planet then copy this onto ya profile. LONG LIVE PLUTO!
Put this in your profile if you hate kindles. LONG LIVE THE CODEX!!!!!!!!!
You're a 90's kid if:
You can finish this 'ice ice _'
You remember watching Doug, Ren & Stimpy, Pinky and the Brain, Bobby's World, Felix the cat, The Tick...AAAAAAAH Real Monsters!
You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE!"
You just cant resist finishing this . . . "Iiiiiiin west philidelphia born and raised . . ."
You remember TGIF, Step by Step, Family Matters, Dinosaurs, and Boy Meets World.
You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
You remember reading "Goosebumps"
You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.
You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence . . . not
If you remember seeing hot tub bubbles make bubbly sounds before every music video on VH1.
when everything was settled by rock paper scissors..or bubble gum bubble gum in a dish...eeny meeny miney mo...and even better daddy had a donkey inky binky bonky.
You used to listen to the radio all day long just to record your FAVORITE song of ALL time, and on an actual cassette tape at that.
"Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" was both a game and a TV game show.
Captain Planet. He's a Hero.
You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green ranger, were meant to be together.
You remember when Super Nintendos and Sega Genisis became popular.
You always wanted to send in a tape to America's Funniest Home Videos . . . but never taped anything funny.
You remember watching Home Alone 1, 2 , and 3 . . . and tried to pull the pranks on "intruders"
You remember watching The Magic School Bus, Wishbone, and Reading Rainbow on PBS.
You remember when Yo-Yos were cool.
You remember those Where's Waldo books.
You remember eating Warheads.
You remember watching the 1st Batman, Aladdin, Ninja Turtles, and 3 Ninjas movies.
You remember Ring Pops.
You remember drinking Surge, and Tang.
If you remember when every thing was "da BOMB!"
When they made the new lunchables so that you could make pizza AND tacos.
You remember boom boxes vs. cd players.
Making those little paper cootie-catcher things, and then predicting your life with them.
You played and/or collected "Pogs"
You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet, or Nano and brought it everywhere.
. . . Furbies
Boy Meets World was the coolest show ever!
You haven't always had a computer, and it was cool to have the internet.
And Windows 95 was the best.
You watched the original cartoons of Rugrats, Power Rangers, and Ninja Turtles.
Michael Jordan was a king.
YIKES pencils and erasers were the stuff!
All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand.
You remember when the new Beanie Babies and Talking Elmo were always sold out.
You collected those Beanie Babies.
Mortal Kombat was awesome--the game and the movie
Gak was the coolest stuff invented.
Lambchop's song really never ended.
The old dollar bills.
Silver dollars, which were cool to have.
You remember a time before the WB.
You collected all the Troll dolls
You had to read Weekly Reader's in class.
If you even know what an original walkman is.
You remember wanting to sit on the orange Nickelodeon couch.
You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"
You know the Macarena by heart.
"Talk to the hand" . . . enough said
You always said, "Then why don't you marry it?!"
You remember trying to collect all 150 original pokemon cards but never could and if you did you thought you were all that!
You remember Highlight's magazine.
You went to McDonald's to play in the playplace.
You remember playing on merry go rounds at the playground.
Before the MySpace frenzy . . .
Before the Internet & text messaging . . .
Before Sidekicks & iPods . . .
Before MIKE JONES . . .
Before PlayStation2 or X-BOX . . .
Before Spongebob . . .
Back when you put off the 5 hours of homework you had every night.
When light up sneakers were cool.
When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs.
When gas was 0.95 a gallon & Caller ID was The new thing.
When we recorded stuff on VCRs.
When we called the radio station to request songs to hear off of our walkmans.
When gameboy was a brick.
You did MASH to figure out your future
When you weren't cool unless you had a Starter jacket.
Before we realized all this would eventually disappear.
Who would have thought you'd miss the 90's so much!!
Post this in your profile if you remember these days . . . .or if you smiled at one of these.