Author has written 2 stories for Doctor Who.
Aha!! I finally figured out where to edit my profile! Hoo-rah!
Okay, here's the skinny on what's going down:
1. I'm new to writing. For some reason, I grew up thinking that writing was only performed by people who were "called" to it.
2. Then I fell in love with this TV show called 'Doctor Who'. But sometimes the writing on the show frustrated me. The characters had to act in ways more indicative of whether it was the season finale, or whether they were leaving the show than in ways that would be true to the story or themselves.
3. Dissatisfied with RTD and his cronies, I sought out fanfiction. And read it. A LOT of it. And it was good.
4. But not good enough because I started to have all of these crazy...ideas! And I found that when I wrote the ideas down, they came out in story form! Oh my god, am I writing stories? Am I really allowed to be doing this? Won't the writing police come and stop me?
5. Writing turns out to be incredible fun and satisfying. I think I might be addicted. Sure, I'm slow, and I don't have a beta. And I'm American, so my Britspeak certainly could use some work. But I'm learning and having a great time doing it.
So please do your best to enjoy the work of a non-writer pretending to write. And leave some feedback if you happen to drop by. You have no idea how even one word of reinforcement can lift this newbie's spirit. :)
Unsafe External Link