Poll: Chuck Norris, or Seth Rogen? Vote Now!
Author has written 3 stories for Pokémon.
Hello, my name's valeforXD - but you can call me Vale for short! I mean, if you want. It's not like I'm forcing you. Maybe this relationship is going too fast.
I write Pokemon fanfiction - that is to say, I did. I haven't written in a very long time, at least a year and two months. But I'm hoping to get back into writing again after such a long hiatus, as after all, I once said that I would never give up on my fanfic until it was done and dusted. Starting in January 2015, I hope to start releasing regular updates again, so here's hoping that happens!
Apart from writing, I'm also a let's player, as part of a group called The Acquaintances, where I play games with my friends (ironically) Dylbert and Nick. What's more; I'm also hoping to get a personal YouTube channel started in the coming months, ones where I release video game reviews, retrospectives and top 10's - in a similar style as JonTron and Caddicarus and Brutalmoose and whatnot. There's links down below; once again, I'M NOT FORCING YOU BUT YOU SHOULD DO IT!
You want more? Okay, then.
Age: 21, going on 12.
Gender: Male. My long, flowing chestnut has disappeared once again, confirming my masculinity.
Habits: -Making fun of my mistakes in Divine Intervention
- Putting a 'whatever' after two words/phrases/whatever that have a slash between them... Yeah, like that!
- Using (expletive) in place of swear words
- Pissing Tanon off
- Screaming like a fan girl when ScytheRider updates
- Somehow getting interrupted by something major before I can upload new chapters - moving house, doing the HSC, that kinda stuff
Hometown: Looks a bit like Kamina City (if you squint really hard and stick your head in your t-shirt)
Favourite song: It's a very strange tie between ACIDMAN's World Symphony and the Zinnia battle theme from Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.
Currently listening to: Bit of everything! Ranging from the RWBY soundtrack to Coheed and Cambria to SikTh.
Currently watching: Attack on Titan and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood! I am so behind with the times.
Favourite games: Rock Band 3, obviously! But... Shovel Knight, Dragon Quest VIII, Pokemon games, Forza 4, Wind Waker, ModNation Racers and Super Smash Bros. Wii U as well.
Currently playing: Rock Band 3 - as ever - but also Shovel Knight, Super Smash Bros for Wii U, Pokemon OR/AS, Alice: Madness Returns, and Tomba!
Favourite colour: Lime green, not that that's necessary information.
Current status: In progress (though very slowly)
Summary: Set during the Diamond/Pearl games, the plot falls around Cyrus and his bumbling Team Galactic grunts trying to create their new world - but they're going about it a slightly different way this time. First off, they unleash a toxin into the air that creeps into the bodies of sleeping humans and slowly turns them into Pokemon, rendering them somewhat hapless. Then, they steal all the natural-born Pokemon, leaving the trainers to fend for themselves in their new foreign bodies.
In theory, it was a good plan - but they never counted on a 16 year old named Aaron to be turned into a Pikachu, thus awakening the power of the Annulment. The legendary Pokemon Kyogre tells him he can use this power to erase Cyrus from existance. And so he sets off on his little journey, with best friends Luke the Treecko and Nick the Totodile (also Dylan and Dylbert) to bring Team Galactic to their knees and bring peace to the world!
Of course, this kinda thing always comes at a price, doesn't it?
SPECIAL FUN FACT TIME!!!
- The title Divine Intervention was dubbed for subtly obvious reasons, but the name actually came from Dragon Quest VIII: Divine Intervention is the name of one of Angelo's spells, which lowers a group of enemies' resistance to magic.
- A fair few characters are actually OCs created by Jenakin Ramsobi (Dewey), nickioli13 (Nick), Luke (Luke - not on this site), DYLB3RT1993 (Dylbert), and KinkedSpawn (Dylan). Many more are still set to feature.
- The mechas that appear from Chapter 25 onwards are nods to anime Gurren Lagann - as are many of the quotes, and even a character.
- Divine Intervention celebrated its second birthday on the 2nd October - with lots of Coke and nachos, might I add!
- Just for anyone who didn't figure it out - the presidential candidates in Chapter 38 are pretty obvious nods to Barack Obama and John McCain. Even though they are out of character, I bet that's how McCain felt afterwards.
- Originally, Divine Intervention started out as probably the corniest self-insert in the entire world of fanfiction. The first step on the road to recovery is admitting it! (Mind you, this was long before any of this was actually posted. Now, the only resemblance any characters have to their owner is their taste in music - which explains why Aaron is wearing the Dethklok shirt in Chapter 35 and 36.)
- Russell's owner, Russell, actually paid me to be in the fic. Boy, did he get ripped off.
Little Red Riding Charmander
Summary:Little Red Riding Charmander goes on a trip through the woods to deliver a basket of protein to Grandma Charizard, only to be intercepted by the Big Bag Mightyena. Luckily, they're all saved by Captain Falcon in the end!
SPECIAL FUN FACT TIME!!!
The FIGHT THE POWER Conundrum
Summary: Aaron purchases a smoke alarm, which annoyingly shouts ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWUH! constantly when it malfunctions. Warning: TWILIGHT REFERENCES.
In my reviews, for no hugely apparent reason, I use a rating system, in which every story/chapter gets a rating out of . This is the rating scale:
 - Dear god, it's My Immortal all over again!
 - Please tell me you have a day job of some sort.
 - Needs some serious freaking improvement.
 - There's a story in there somewhere, I'm just struggling to see it amongst all this... I don't know what it is.
 - Getting there. Slowly.
 - Anything that gets a  or above is deemed readable.  just usually means only to a select audience, because it might not make a lot of sense to other readers.
 - Fans of the genre/series look no further. Others, look at your own risk.
 - Perfectly readable and understandable. If you've reached this milestone, consider yourself (somewhat) awesome.
 - Those who reach an  are very good authors, to put it plainly. Keep writing and striving for an even higher score! (apparently, I'm an )
 - Near-immortal status. Most everybody will enjoy this.
 - The Kamina of stories; the pinnacle of masculinity! Or in this case, fanfics.
Feel free to PM me, too! I love talking to new people.
(Find valeforXD at:
www.youtube.com/valeforXD2 (At the moment, only random videos of me swearing at stuff are being uploaded, but in about two weeks, maybe less, my first professional video will be uploaded - a review to my least favourite game ever, Ford vs Chevy. Consider yourselves lucky; no-one else but you guys on FanFiction know about this!)
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAquaintances (This is mine and Dylbert's let's play channel! We'd love if you checked it out. Here's some games we've played: