Author has written 19 stories for Wizards of Waverly Place, Inspector Lynley Mysteries, and Hunger Games.
Once upon a time there was a girl, there was a boy, there was a poor woman who wanted, there was a queen who couldn’t have,
Elisabeth, late 30s, single, nulliparous. Legitimately contemplating changing my name to "Wren" or at least going by it for awhile to try it out.
Massage therapist, former barista, and doula-in-training. Currently stuck in Nebraska, trying to get back to my apartment, roommate, and potential new life in Maine. I am the Snow Maiden and Rose Red and, since 2014, "the Queen Who Couldn't Have" (courtesy of an unexpected, shattering hysterectomy). Now I'm loathly Ragnell waiting for her Gawain.
I write almost exclusively fairytale-inspired fanfics that lavish love on beautiful old-fashioned things like virtue and courtesy and tenderness, lovemaking (as a sacred, almost sacramental thing), pregnancy, and parenthood. I work on When the Moon with the annotated "East of the Sun and West of the Moon" open in one Chrome tab, the fox chapter of The Little Prince in another, and Song of Solomon on Bible Gateway in a third.
My works are cross-posted on AO3 for anyone who prefers that format.
My headcanons are deep and elaborate and as consistent as I can keep them across my fics, with a cast of characters as follows...
Jack Everdeen - Katniss's father; storyteller, musician, hunter, and the embodiment of Appalachian Jack tales. (canon character, embellishments mine) Fancast: (at present) Aidan Turner
Janek Mellark - Peeta's father; the baker. Was raised with, involved with, and nearly engaged to Katniss's mother, who remains the love of his love. (canon character, embellishments mine) Fancast: John Schneider
Raisa (Brognar) Mellark - Peeta's mother; closet artist, strawberry-blonde, and the object of far too much of Your Writer's affections. The youngest daughter of the butcher; lost her twin brother at 16. (canon character, embellishments mine) Fancast: How I picture her varies slightly depending on the story/context. In general, Christie Lynn Smith, though Ekaterina, photographed with some frequency by Nadima (one of my favorite photographers) evokes some exquisite young!Raisa feels.
Alyssum "Alys" (Ebberfeld) Everdeen - Katniss's mother; the apothecary's daughter. Grew up with Peeta's father and was in a relationship with him for most of their teen years, only to break up with him before they could get engaged and marry Jack Everdeen instead. Janek calls her "Lyssa," her childhood nickname that enjoyed a more intimate use later. (canon character, embellishments mine) Fancast: Sonja Bennett.
I ship every Everlark (or Multilevel Everlark, as I call it): Peeta/Katniss, Marko/Prim, and Janek/Alys, but sometimes I think I love Jack/Raisa best of all, and I'm dangerously on my way to accepting a flicker of that ship as headcanon. I ship Luka with Johanna Mason (who I believe to be at least five years older than him).
On a related note, my canon fancasts (thus far) are as follows:
I have yet to find the perfect tiny, black-haired, olive-skinned, gray-eyed Katniss, though I live in hope (and search tirelessly). The best I've found so far are Karolina Kumorek (a.k.a. caradelneil), who is also (surprise!) a Polish model/photographer, and Raudha Athif, a Maldivian model who died under suspicious circumstances earlier this year. :(
Here's what I hope to work on next (in no particular order):
- Star-Crossed, a (in all likelihood, very long) oneshot about Katniss's great-grandmother Elspeth Greenbrier and the mysterious green-eyed man who became Granny Ashpet's father. Canon Panem, early days of the Games/post-Dark Days.
- Twenty-Two Red Ribbons (working title), a Mrs. Everdeen WtMiverse oneshot about the night following the events of Torchlight and preceding the second chapter of Six Months to Strawberry Time
- A Rooba (yes, Rooba) POV oneshot, because I need to map out all her kids and partners and explain why she's really supposed to get together with Marek Mellark.
- The Journey Home, a Hunger Games AU featuring British Army Captain!Peeta and Indian!Katniss (I posted this as a oneshot/drabble on Tumblr around Christmas 2012 and am planning on a second/third parts.) This may or may not happen, by my roommate and I are doing an Indian theme at present (movies, music, etc) which I'm hoping will spill over into Everlark feels.
- True North (because Jack/Raisa is my OTP and I've now officially snuck them into the WtMiverse)
- Six Months to Strawberry Time, because it wasn't supposed to have a second chapter (let alone an 18K one) and now I'm getting ideas for a third!
- Chapter 15 of When the Moon (oh right, that thing...)
Other projects I've been informed that I'm not allowed to forget about:
Plotbunnies in the Hutch:
- a Jack/Raisa gender-reversed retelling of the film Houseboat (Cary Grant/Sophia Loren), only Raisa is the widow with three kids and Jack is the dashing stranger (with a child of his own) who sails into her life
- a faintly Dharma & Greg inspired Marko/Prim oneshot where they impulsively get married over the lunch hour after meeting in his family's bakery/cafe (basically, an excuse for modern Primko fluff and sweet smut)
- Bell, Book and Katniss - like it sounds, a retelling of Bell, Book and Candle where modern witch!Prim decides to cast a spell on the broad-as-a-barn baker who's setting up a shop across the street (primarily for Primko fluff but with potential for sweet smut)
- The Farmer's Son and the Little Fox, an Everlark three brothers tale about exactly what it sounds, because I don't zoomorphize Katniss enough. ;D Slightly based on the fairy tale "The Little Lame Fox."
- an Everlark retelling of Sapsorrow/Thousandfurs/Allerleirauh, half because of Peeta and half to get my very gentle hands on the forced-to-marry-your-father thing (because Jack would be stuck in the situation too; not obsessed/incestuously inclined, etc!) and show Katniss torn between running away and "would it really be so bad?"
- a retelling of Cruel Sisters/The Twa Sisters/The Bonny Swans (for any Loreena McKennitt fans out there) where Raisa tries to drown Alys so she can have Janek to herself, only Alys is found and saved by Jack and then things get really interesting. (Basically, me delighting in conundrum of What Would Alys Do if both Jack and Janek were alive and wanted to be with her. :D)
- a very particular scene from Torch that I desperately want to write as a oneshot for some Janek/Raisa dynamic. Basically, Raisa is an incredible artist and keeps a sketchbook in the nightstand for after her beautiful naked husband falls asleep. *sob-sigh*
- a "Bonanza meets Love Comes Softly" (Bonanza Comes Softly?) premise with cattle rancher Mellarks and a few marriages of convenience (or are they...?).
My Tumblrs are as follows: