About Me (If you want to know anything)
It's been a hell of a long time since I updated this page but...some things stay the same.
1. Respect someone's work even if you don't like it. That thing you just read, that is someone's hard work, someone's vulnerability and courage in text (to paraphrase a certain author I admire on this site) It takes a lot of effort to write anything at all so you should keep that in mind when you review.
2. Constructive criticism is fine but tearing someone apart because it wasn't your cup of tea is low. You should never lambast someone for trying. Move on if something truly bothers you. There will always be people who flame and stomp over a story but you don't have to be one of them.
3. If you enjoy something-say something. I admit that I haven't always been the best at reviewing, they are never as long or as eloquent as I want, but I genuinely make an effort most of the time.
4. You are not the author, you don't have the right to demand anything or take a story that hasn't been updated for a long time as your own without the author's permission. Plagiarizing is the absolute worst thing anyone can do on this site. It is incredibly disrespectful, dishonest, and violating.
5. This site is about community, it's a safe place to express yourself. It may be overkill but I have to say it again, don't express yourself by stepping over someone else.
Anyways, I use this account to collect stories that I believe are well written, things that are funny or make me cry. Basically stuff that breaks my heart, makes me smile, or both. I can't guarantee that everyone will like what I have on my list but it is what it is. A repository for old and sentimental favorites from my earliest days-those ones with less polished work, and the new and exciting, near peerless pieces that continually leave me in awe (and sometimes very afraid to pick them back up for fear of heartbreak or heady enchantment)
You'll also notice a slight love of...crack pairings. They don't dominate my list but they're there, though be assured that they, like everything else, only make it here if they make me react (whether with a beaming grin or sobbing into my tea) I also love time travel because the concept can get so complicated and people can go in such disparate directions with the same premise, well, that and they make for some of the best angst or happy endings. I've also recently gotten into SI's after years of stalwart avoidance. Don't be scared. If they're on here know that they are inventive and have actual plots.
Regarding the navigation of my favorites list, it's really big-use the mobile version of the site to effectively sort by category and fandom. Also, please note that I do have some mature stories on here-I'm an adult and I can handle looking at things with M-rated content or issues without bursting into flames or turning into a harpy. Still, nothing M-rated is about sex alone, sex is just the end result of other character motivations and feelings in every such rated story I have on here. I want to say that only around 250 of the stories on my list have that rating.
There are also pairs on my list that I probably wouldn't support in real life, such as Jalex (which may be the only such pair I ship because damn, some people write them incredibly convincingly, a shoutout to MoiraRiordan's In Fire, In Ice which actually made a shipper out of me. Sadly the author has taken it down but I respect her wishes and urge others to look at her other work, and NejiHina), yet do in fanfiction because it has this curious way of challenging your beliefs if only in this arena. You'll also find some very rare same-sex pairings, among the avalanche of hetero pairs, but I will not apologize for them because I very much believe that love is love. If they made it here you can bet that they are damn convincing and 100% genuine. I'm not a yaoi or yuri fangirl by any stretch of the imagination-I'm just in love with genuine connections. On that note, people are allowed to believe differently I simply hope those who disagree are polite enough to keep their disapproval private.
Now, as for my tastes, well those keep changing. To be accurate-they keep growing. Whether it's general fiction, romance, family, friendship, or action/adventure, I adore it all, so most will find at least one thing they enjoy here. But to give you an idea of stories that I hold in high regard, let's just say that I more or less worship authors who excel at world building or developing interpersonal relationships.
Sincerely, a twenty-something Sourcerer who loves nothing so much as a good book.
I'll get to this part when I don't have to go to work in a few hours. But just to throw something out there-anything by Sythe, Evil is A Relative Term, Vixen Tail, Kist, Coolio101, Kryalla Orchid, Tarafina, J.R. Godwin, Sage Thrasher, and Nagia is fantastic.