Author has written 2 stories for Beetlejuice, and Kingdom Hearts.
The name's Kendran. A budding author or in hope of becoming one.
My favorite color is green
My favorite music is anything with a guitar solo.
I have dirty blond (my friends call it brown but it used to be blond, I promise) straight hair that reaches my waist and green eyes
My Zodiac animal is the monkey (too many descriptions to include all of them, but I find I fit a lot of them).
My favorite animal is the tiger, second favorite is the dog, my favorite mythical animal is defiantly DRAGONS!
I will read almost anything if is fantasy
Well now that's settled, please, enjoy my stories and give me feedback.
Let me make one thing clear to you all, I have not, and hopefully will never give up on my stories. Beetlejuice and Organization VII will be continued!
Have comments? Don't be shy, send me something, I'll take you're criticism, but just remember, you bite me, I bite back.
Author's Corner: The Things Some Friends and I Have Noticed as Writers...
1. I have a lot of ideas for a lot of stories, so I have a lot of projects I've started, but haven't finished. Look below if you require proof. This is partly due to my perfectionist, yet procrastinator tendencies. But another big part of it has to do with how excited I get over an idea for a Fan-fiction, start writing, and then having no idea what next to do with it. I start stories too early, before the idea has a chance to grow into a full fledged story, so I get stuck. My advice for anyone wanting to write in general, let any and all ideas flow and come into your head, but don't start really writing things down until you have a synopsis. It doesn't even have to be more than three lines, just know in the vicinity of where this story will end so you don't just ramble around like me.
2. The most important thing a story can center around, even more important than the plot, is about the relationship's between characters. Relationships between protagonist, between antagonist, between protagonist and antagonist, all of these take top priority. You can have the most incredible events in the entire cosmos happen to your main character, and all of it mean shit if it does not change how that character interacts with the world and others.
3. From Miss Ritter in The Amazing Spiderman (I do not own): "[...] there was only 10 different plots in all of fiction. [...] There is only one: Who am I?"
4. Golden Question of Writing: Why should the reader care?
5. Motivation pulls characters through the story, ergo, their most important feature.
6. Perfection in all mental, physical, and emotional realms does not make a character great but unrelatable and boring.
7. Damage in all mental, physical, and emotional realms does not make a character sympathetic but unrelatable and pathetic.
8. There is a difference between telling the reader what a character is feeling or what is happening and demonstrating for them. Writing is all about finding the balance inbetween.
9. Forced scenarios that a five year-old can avoid only succeed in making characters appear stupid.
10. Continuity matters. That is all.
11. Everything that happens, every conversation that is had, must be geared towards the plot in some way. The plot can be as simple as going to the store or getting a girlfriend/boyfriend. If that be the case, then everything the reader sees should be centered around it. Don't add anything the story doesn't absolutely need. Back to the Golden Question: Why should the reader care about what happens in this scene? What does it show them about the character(s) or plot?
12. Fluff is events and conversations that do not pertain to the plot. If the main hero went off the that will matter when he/she gets back to the original plot, then it's not fluff. Sub-plots affect the main plot. If the "Sub-plot" does not affect the main plot, then it's a completely different plot and deserves a completely different story.somehow, onto an entirely different adventure than what he/she was doing and gained/learned something at the end of it,
13. Do not state the obvious emotionally or situationally. It should be obvious.
14. Use as few words as possible.
15. Repeating entire scenes (in flashbacks or otherwise) word for word does not bring the plot forward, but to a screeching halt.
16. Descriptions are good. They let the reader know where they are and what is happening. Only describe something if there is a point in describing it. A location is described because it reveals aspects that the main character will have to deal with, usually in the form of either another character or the time spent at that location, same issue with clothes and looks. After every description ask the Golden Question again.
17. From Qoheleth: Condensed paragraphs order thoughts and ideas and make for better storytelling. Large blocks of text hurt the eyes.
18. When there is dialogue, the reader should be let in on who is talking.
19. From Leki: Grammar is evil, a necessary evil.
20. From Qoheleth: Not every story needs a romance.
21. From Leki: Romance, by definition, centers around intimacy. Intimacy is not a 30 minute or less delivery service.
22. From Leki: Sex is not necessary for intimacy.
23. From Qoheleth: FanFiction by definition, according to Urban Dictionary (I do not own), "is when someone takes either the story or characters (or both) of a certain piece of work, whether it be a novel, TV show, movie, etc, and create their own story based on it. Sometimes people will take characters from one movie and put them in another, which is called a cross-over." Based is not influenced. An original work deserves to be in FictionPress not FanFiction.
24. Sometimes the rules have to be disregarded.
25. You are the creator of your story. If someone is telling you to take it out a scene, you are the only one who can take out that scene. Don't be pushed around by what others tell you, this is yours, you have final say. Stand firm before the like and wants of others, but try not to shut out those that wish to help you express yourself better.
26. Above all, write for yourself.
If anyone has anything to add to this list, please private message me. I can't guarantee that it'll get on here but I'll try and let you know. Also, if anyone would like to copy and paste to their own profile, I have no qualms.
Unsafe External Link