Author has written 43 stories for Digimon, Pokémon, Fullmetal Alchemist, Harry Potter, Phineas and Ferb, Rise of the Guardians, Danny Phantom, Warriors, and Kingdom Hearts.
Notes: Also, I've decided that the best way for people to see what I'm currently obsessing about is to make it my avatar, so if your favorite story of mine isn't being updated and you check my profile and see my avatar, you'll know why. :)
And, god strike me down now, I've got a tumblr. yajj-the-writer.tumblr.com. I mostly post writing stuff, fandom stuff (90% KH or Cloud atm) and a little bit social problems but honestly it's been getting so invasive that I'm trying to avoid it. If you like my stories, please follow me seriously the only person who follows me is my baby brother it hurts. But I'll be posting story updates and how those are coming along and stuff!
Update: (7/28/2014) I added a section about my babies, because I wanted to clarify whom I love, and I ranted to death on Roxas. So if anyone likes Roxas... well, it's there.
(2/28/2014) I guess I'm going to add a majority of my OTPs on here (that doesn't sound right...), just so you guys know what to expect from me. Kingdom Hearts, Fullmetal Alchemist, Digimon, Danny Phantom... anything I've written for or plan on writing for, anyway.
(2/25/2014) I'm clearing out my Favorite Author's List today, and will (attempt to) get started on my Favorite Stories list, one little chunk at a time. Why? Well, I don't think that 1400 stories on my favorites list constitutes a favorite's list so much as a List of Things That I Have Read and Not Hated With A Burning Passion. :)
Digimon: Rukato, Taiora
Pokemon: Hoennshipping (Brendan and May), Pokeshipping (Misty and Ash), Franticshipping (Ruby and Sapphire), Colosseumshipping (Wes and Rui), Chessshipping (Black and White)a
Fullmetal Alchemist: Royai, Parental!RoyxEd
Harry Potter: Jily
Phineas and Ferb: CandacexJeremy
Rise of the Guardians: I... hmm... I don't write romance often, but I don't think I'd EVER be able to for this...
Danny Phantom: Dannyxvirtually anyone. I'm not terribly picky. He needs some love. MaddiexJack
Warriors: FirestarxSandstorm, BramblestarxSquirrelflight, JayfeatherxHalf Moon
Kingdom Hearts: Namixas, Sokai, Roxas & Axel (virtually any interaction... their dynamic is so fantastic!), Larxel, Clerith, CloudxTifa, TerrAqua, Venrora (Ventus & Aurora)
Note: I have many babies. These babies are my loveliest characters, whom I want to hold, and love, and let them cry on me and make everything better, but I could never ever imagine touching them in that way. In order of the 'My OTPs' list:
Digimon: Takato Matsuki. Oh my god, he is the most cutest most adorablest character in the whole Digi-verse. Like TK's cute, but Takato. He makes me want to protect him, especially in episode 29 "Goliath". I rewatch that scene, where Takato is reading the note from his mother, and I just *tears*. I love that he makes me want to protect him, and I love that I wouldn't have to because he's a pretty BA kid.
Pokemon: Michael, from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. For one, he has the most perfect name. Like I'm naming my kids Michael, James, Daniel, and Destiny and Michael's is all because of this kid. He's just so wonderful and so perfect. He's a great brother (at least, the 'him' in my head is), and he's had to go through so much, with no other human companion. Yeah, sure, Ash had to save the world a few times, but he had friends. He had human companions, who understood him and talked to him. And better yet, he had other things to do along the way. He could carry out his goal to be a pokemon master because, in the mean time, he had gym leaders to battle, and he had League champions to fight in... heck, he competed in a contest once! A contest! And he's no coordinator! Meanwhile, Michael's fighting evil pokemon (so to speak, of course) and he has to steal them from their trainers, where for all they know, they have had the best experience of their lives. He has to steal them, train with them, fight with them, all the while knowing that they could turn on him at any time and attack him. Not just his pokemon, but himself. And he could never really get attached to any one pokemon (besides Eevee, of course), because if he did, then he wouldn't be able to save the 82 other Shadow pokemon that he had to purify. He had to watch his professor/father figure get kidnapped, and everything, absolutely everything that he tried to do would not, could not help because of course not, this is Orre, the worst goddang region on PokeEarth. And in the end, after he beats the big bad boss? What's his reward? The threat of being blown up because an adult is completely willing to blow up the island with a thirteen year old child still on it. And once you get off, and you start to fight with this sweet Lugia that will destroy anything and you realize that he's practically impossible to purify. Like, you think you've had it hard? At least you're not him. And that's the story of why I love him.
That was not intended to be as long as it was.
Fullmetal Alchemist: I want to say Roy, because have you seen that perfect man? But I'd be wrong. I would not be against doing the things. Anyway, I suppose Alphonse, otherwise. He's so precious, and so perfect, and if you can pull off being absolutely adorable when all you are is a soul attached to a suit of armor, then you're pulling off impossible things. Holy crap.
Harry Potter: James. Like Michael, he has the perfect name. He's so wonderful. I think he's a great husband, and a great father and I wish that JK Rowling would write some of their years in Hogwarts, because ugh James I want you so badly. But I'm too much of a prude to want to love him in that way because he's already spoken for.
Rise of the Guardians: Jack Frost. Can we just take a second to marvel at his perfection? Just... just stop your brain, and take a glance at the snow and think Wow Jack, you are some artist. Because he made all that. All by himself.
Danny Phantom: Danny. What a kid. And I'm talking Fenton, not Phantom. I mean, Phantom's pretty sweet, too, but Fenton... it's like he has everything that Phantom has, but no powers to do it and he still tries. He protects, he rescues, he lets you be yourself and he's still just a kid. He has so much pressure on him, he deals with those bullies on his own and I don't think you understand how proud I am of him for doing all of this. Like, what a beautiful person you are, Danny. And yes, he is the reason my third baby will be Danny.
Warriors: Firestar. I can't explain to you how beautiful of a cat he is. He thinks things through. The only thing that I didn't like about him was this thing going on with Spottedleaf, and that's because I saw none of what they were talking about until after Spottedleaf was dead. Like, I'm getting a cat. It will be red. It's name will either by Firestar, Fireheart, or Rusty.
Kingdom Hearts: Oh god. Don't get me started. Don't even get me started. You thought I could fangirl about Michael? About Danny? Uh, no. Roxas. Oh my lawd, Roxas. I have never loved one child like I love Roxas. I just... I love him to death. As I told one of my friends, if I could bring any fictional character to life and raise them from infancy, this kid, no effing doubt about it. I love him. I say that almost everyday. "I love this kid." And I do. I do. and I have so many reasons why.
Curious? If so, read on. If not, skip this whole section.
- He's so brave. He is though. Don't you dare try to tell me that he's not. Like, yes. I know that Sora is brave. I know that Riku is brave. I know that Goofy, and Donald, and even Kairi is brave. I know, okay? But you want brave? Roxas knew that he was going to die. Namine effing told him that he was basically going to die (and don't you mention the "you're not going to disappear, you're going back!") as soon as he entered that chamber, and you know what he did? He did it anyway. He knew that he was going to die, but he knew that Sora had to wake up, so he did it anyway. And you try to tell me that Roxas isn't brave. Heck, he chose to take on the whole Organization, because he knew that it wasn't right, so went all "screw you" and rebelled against the people who essentially raised him.
- He's a Nobody. Sure, that sounds weird, but it's a totally valid reason. Nobodies, by definition, are supposed to be without hearts but he had one anywayThey aren't supposed to be able to feel but he felt anyway. He made friends, he made best friends. Nobodies don't make best friends, because to even make friends, you need to be able to feel. But he made real best friends, and truck it he made fake best friends that felt the pain of his loss when they were real. He cried when DiZ told him of his fate. He cried when Sora left Hayner, Pence and Olette behind, because he didn't know if he'd see them again. He made Axel feel like he had a heart! How can he do that without one?
- His friendships. I just loved every single little thing about them. I love how casual he was with Axel, how caring he was with Xion, and how compatible (so to speak! I do not ship HaynerxRoxas hard enough) he was with Hayner. Like, he shouldn't be able to make one friend. Certainly not three friends. Absolutely not three best friends.
- His sense of style. lol I'm such a girl but seriously that is one smooth motherfucker. Like, I love black and white and beige, I'm sort of a neutral girl myself. But now, I want my whole kitchen checkered black and white because of him. No lie, I want it. I love reading his wiki page, because when it's talking about him and it says "Nomura chose to have him dressed in blacks and whites to represent the light and darkness in him" I'm all you're so clever, Roxas, so effing clever. And also, "yeah, Nomura, we know already..." And his cross. Like ohmahlawd I can't talk about his cross enough. I can't. I just adore it. I love it to pieces that he has a charm like Sora has a charm, except that with the one I got, Sora's looks kind of tacky but Roxas' is so beautiful and it fits so perfectly with everything. It's my good luck charm and I always feel like I've got him at my side.
- He's so cute. Have you read the 358/2 Days manga? If you have, you know what I mean. If you haven't, you need to check it out. He's so precious. The faces he makes ohmahlawd you make my heart hurt. He asks the cutest questions and says the cutest things and you know that there is no teenaged mind in there. That is the mind of a four-year-old.
- His story. Now this is a tragedy. Born under turmoil (practically a suicide). Completely loses all memory. A freak among freaks, a weirdo among weirdos. Hated by everyone, just because of something that he couldn't control. He can't claim anything as his own, because his keyblades are Sora's, his face is Ven's, his heart is Sora's and Ven's. And you know what? Screw you, screw the rules, he decided to make something of himself. He became an effing keyblade master. He changed the rules and grew his own heart. He did something that no one else can do. "Oh, you can wield a keyblade? Yeah, well," *summons Oathkeeper and Oblivion* "I can wield two." And then, just when he ran away from his past, to find his best friend and makes things make sense again, he gets captured and has to forget everything again. He is given fifteen years' worth of memories (at least, that's how I understand it), three new best friends, and then in a week he has it all taken away and he is forced to die.
- His intelligence. It's not normally what people think of, but look at him. He was born at fifteen years old with no memories. None. Not even of what ice cream is, what the beach is, what school is or why the sky is blue or how to even exist and he made it anyway. He made it. In weeks, he was figuring it out for himself. In a few months, logic was second nature. He started asking the tough questions. I mean, Sora's, what 17 years old, with 17 actual years, and he still doesn't ask the tough questions.
- Oathkeeper and Oblivion. This may not be much of a reason but I love these, especially when they are with Roxas, because to me, I don't care that they represent Riku and Kairi. It's not what they are. They represent Roxas' hearts. Oathkeeper, the pure light heart that is Sora and Ventus. Oblivion, the pure dark heart that he created all on his own, with his own experiences and his own self. Two hearts, two blades working together to get the job done and fuck if it doesn't work.
- His power. Don't you tell me that Sora is stronger than Roxas. Don't you dare effing tell me. Roxas would have beat him. He would have. Sora just kind of cheated a little bit. Kind of. Whatever. Either way, Roxas beat Riku, who is supposed to be better than Sora. He beat Riku. The only reason that Riku won, was because he called out Xehanort's Heartless for help. Roxas controls the light and the darkness, he's a perfect balance of the two and I swear to god if he does not play a semi-significant role in KHIII, I'm gonna be mad.
- His personality. I don't want to say that I'm sick of Sora, because I'm not, I love Sora. But he's so chipper and happy all the time, and as good as it is, it's kind of annoying. And then Roxas comes along, and it's like "this came out of Sora? Whoa." I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want one of my kids to be like Roxas. He's so accepting and ugh Roxas wai do you do this to me. He's whiny yeah, but he's lost everything, and he's so filled with angst that I love him to pieces.
- He's gorgeous as heck. I know I said that I don't want to touch him and do things to him, and I don't, but my god that is a beautiful boy. He really is. His hair is so perfect and I love it, his eyes are so gorgeous, and like... ugh.
- His music. I love his theme. Oh my lord I really do. There was a five-minute rendition of it on YouTube. I had just finished reading the 358/2 Days manga and was feeling emotional because he was so ignorant, so I was listening to it and yes indeed I was crying--like sobbing--the entire time. And there's a ten minute orchestra version... now that's beauty. And also, his part in the orchestral version of Simple and Clean, for the intro of KH: DDD. Ugh. There's beauty, and there's gorgeous, and it was absolutely gorgeous oh my ugh.
Seriously though, if you didn't love Roxas before my 12 rants, I hope you do now. :)
My Favorite Quotes:
"The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend." Abraham Lincoln
"Only exceptionally rational men can afford to be absurd." Allan Goldfein
"Genius is childhood recaptured." Bauldlaire
"The great leaders are like the best conductors- they reach beyond the notes to the magic in the player." Blaine Lee
"I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians." Charles De Gaulle
"In the little world in which children have their existence, whosoever brings them up, there is nothing so finely perceived and so finely felt, as injustice." Charles Dickens
"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope that I should have the guts to betray my country." E. M. Forster
"Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious in algebra. In real life, I can assure you, there is no such thing as algebra." Fran Lebowitz
"Every little girl know about love. It is only her capacity to suffer because of it that increases." Francois Sagan
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Franklin Delano Roosevlelt
"The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupd moves, only complicated stupd moves which make us wonder at the possibility that there may be something to them which we are missing." Gamal Abdel Nasser
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity." Gene Wolfe
"Don't tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." George S. Patton
"There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something." Henry Ford
"If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." J.K. Rowling.
"Ask yourself whether you are happy and you cease to be." John Stuart Mill
"How can we expect another to keep our secret, if we cannot keep it ourself." La Rochefoucauld
"When people do not respect up we are sharply offended; yet deep down in his private heart no man much respects himself." Mark Twain
"When someone allows you to bear his burdens, you have found deep friendship." Real Live Preacher
"A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before laying down." Robert Benchley
"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." Socrates
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but never forget." ?
"It simply comes down to this: get busy living or get busy dying." Tim Robbins
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Albert Einstein
"A belief is not an idea the mind possesses. It is an idea that possesses the mind." Robert Oxton Bolton
"My theory is that people who don't like mysteries are anarchists." Rex Stout
"You're never fully dressed without a smile." 1989 Motion picture production Annie
"My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the Key to my Destiny." Eloise Maxwell (and yes, I did capitalize Key and Destiny for a reason)
"Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn't people be as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?" Rose Kennedy
"I don't look back, daarling, it distracts from the now." Edna Mode