Author has written 3 stories for Merlin.
Don't know who would be reading this, but just in case you are and wondering, "who the hell favorite-ed my story?" it was me. I don't really write my own fanfiction at this point, I have TONS of ideas but they usually are short winded and although I could probably start something, I doubt I would actually finish it, and posting something without being able it finish is NOT cool. I hate it when its been done to me and I couldn't see myself doing that. So I read and favorite/alert stories. I have a pretty impressive collection so feel free to browse and read stuff, that's how I find the best stories anyway.
However, just in case I do decide to write something at some point, which I might, you never know, here are some questions I answered about myself.
What Are You?
I am most definitely a girl.
Or a young woman.
Whatever, it doesn't matter. If someone said "hey girl" on the street it wouldn't offend me.
How Young Are You? You're not like twelve right?
Sigh* Sadly no.
I'm almost 21 (booyah) Completely almost of age to do fun shit. Although surprisingly I won't be renting any cars any time soon, you need to be twenty-five for that.
And Just What Are You Doing With Your Life?
I'm TOTALLY doing something!
I'm going to school, majoring in Anthropology.
What the Eff is Anthropology?
I SO know that now too,
Anthropology is a holistic, cross cultural study of human beings- it basically covers everything it means to be human. Sub areas of Anthro are, Linguistics, Biological (Evolutionary), Cultural, and Archaeology (Indiana Jones anyone?). I am debating on the last two.
What Kind of Weird Name is LeggyLuLu Anyway?
The references to "leggylulu" is during the LOTR stage of my development, and is a reference to a long-running joke between me and my best friend. It always makes me laugh and its nearly as fun to say as jujubees. I'm not good at coming up with pen names okay? Geez.
Why are you here?
I've always loved to read and write, and fanfiction is an awesome way to continue reading about your favorite characters.
My favorite genre is fantasy, and lo and behold I discover the best TV show ever...So if I decide to write anything it will probably be Merlin based.
An expansion of some of the things that I love are down below :)
Holy crap. Most awesomest show ever. Epic. Hilarious. Set in a different time. Three of my most favorite things about TV shows.
Fav. quote from this show right now is "old" Merlin saying to Arthur, "You have the brains of a donkey and the face of a toad" Epic lolz, don't see how NO ONE recognized him. Especially Morgana, that evil, over-smirking hag. Wanted to punch her face in. Still do.
This one is also Epic and Hilarious, although, probably mostly hilarious. Also, possibly the greatest friendship of all time, baring Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee. This show brought back the fist-bump, and now instead of high-fives I make my friends do fist-bump. Very fun.
3. Legend of the Seeker
Once again, contains all three things listen under Merlin, except a little less hilarious. More amusing really. But more Epic, which is awesome. Also, this ones main character AND evil villain are HOT, as in the good looking/swooning kind, not the fever kind. Seriously. Worth watching just for these guys, although the story line, magic-ness and acting is pretty good too. Oh, and Haldir is in here as Mr. Evil...and I've gotta say, I had trouble NOT siding with him during the show. And he was playing a ruling tyrant with a harem of bad-ass women at him beck and call.
4. How I Met Your Mother
So freaking funny! They have six seasons up on Netflix now!
1. Lord of the Rings
2. Harry Potter
Doesn't really need a comment does it? Who ever hasn't read it, should. End of story. The movies are good too, but if you've only watched the movies you understand exactly 1/3 of the story, maybe less. Although I doubt any of my fanfiction peers have this problem, this site is all about reading after all. It's what we do.
3. Hunger Games
Just read all three, and I am SO in love. How talented can one person be? This book made me experience the full range of human emotion. I recommend it to everyone.
4. City of Bones/ Clockwork Angel series by Cassandra Clare
Such good books!!!! I think I like the Clockwork series better than the first one now though...she's very good a cliff hangers.
5. Bloody Jack series
6. Anything by Meg Cabot
- Size 12 is Not Fat series
- 1-800-Where-R-U series
- Avalon High (You Merlin fans reading this shpiel, you need to get your hands on this one!)
-Airhead series (not what it seems, trust me Meg Cabot is never to be underestimated. Ever.)
Inheritance was ridiculously good, and almost made it worth the three year wait *rolls eyes* he's the slowest writer ever! But the book was huge and it was of course, amazing and I loved it to pieces, so I guess I'll forgive in time.
8. A Great and Terrible Beauty
9. Books by Rory MacLean
He's a travel writer and his books are beautiful and amazing. I've only read a few of them though.
10. Shadow Grail series by Mercedes Lackey and her partner whose name I can't remember
So... I'm adding onto this because I'm going to actually post something, YAY!
Just so its clear, just because I haven't actually published any fanfics doesn't mean I'm crap at writing. Granted, I'm sure my story skill could be improved but I always get good grades on my stuff so nothing should come out with horrible grammar. However, I will admit that I am a crappy speller and I tend to use too many commas. But other than that, things shouldn't be too bad. I've been re-watching seasons one and two of Merlin and remembered how much I loved Morgana before she went bat shit crazy. So, that had spawned some of the ideas listed below.
Some of the things I'm working on for Merlin;
1. Tomorrow: its a one-shot song fic about Merlin and Morgana, nothing too special. If I decide to post it, it will probably be a means of testing since I haven't ever posted anything before. This song is amazing and it just made me think of Mergana, so I wrote it. Then it kind of snowballed into this whole thing slew of ideas which, if you'll continue reading...
2. Finding Another Way: Okay so this was also supposed to be a one-shot, but will probably end up being a short multi-chapter fic. Summary: Morgana gets thrown in an alternate reality of what her life could have been like if she had chosen the right side. I won't say too much more because I could possibly finish this and I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.
3. Untitled: Okay so based on the one above, I was thinking of actually writing an AU, about what could happen if Morgana found out early on (like, way early on), about Merlin's magic. Not sure about this one because it would be a seriously long undertaking, but I dunno, we'll see.
4. Scars Revealed - This one is kind of my baby, as it's the first one I actually started writing. Its about what might happen in Merlin ever took off his shirt in front of Arthur and co. It's mainly a reveal fic and it's taking me so long because 1) its hard writing six people 2) I feel like I'm using the words "surprised, shocked, and stunned" too many times 3) I pay too much attention to detail which means 4) I don't gloss over everything. Which means if one thing gets revealed so do all the others. Did I mention that this was supposed to be a one shot too? God, I think I suck at those. Stupid brain.
5. All the Ways- This is my version of drabble writing, minus the actual "drabble" part. I wanted to be able to put mini-stories in one place, since mini-stories are what I'm best at. I've written three chapters so far, I WILL write more, but the season finale kind of blew me away and I'm still trying to deal with Merlin now being gone until next October. I've pretty much been too sad to write anything, but I will pick it up again because Merlin is going to re-air in the US on SYFY and I will get to FINALLy rewatch everything on an actual TV. I'm really excited to start my little one shots!
So, thats it for now... OH and none of my stories are slash, just FYI. Not a Merthur fan, sorry.