Author has written 6 stories for Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Charmed, Avatar: Last Airbender, and Pokémon.
Quote: Jan 11th, 2017
"I don't believe in marriage. I believe in family, love, and children." - Penelope Cruz.
My brother is here, Despite that road block and killing of artistic energy, I've still been doing some writing.
By putting this on my profile, I insert the Universal Disclaimer into all my stories: I own nothing that is familiar to the reader, and everything save OCs belongs to the respective author of the Book/TV Show/Film/Game that spawned the fandom and my fic.
*My AtLA fic's pic is taken from a sight that reblogged it. So... yeah. There, disclaimer for it.
* Cuore del Cielo's picture is from the internet. I made it an Avatar for a different writing account on WattPad I never used and lost the original photo, so...
A Bit About Me (for no particular reason other than letting my gender be known)
- I am female and my initials are actually JC.
- I support equality. Actual equality. Men shouldn't have to just deal with it and tough crap out when being stalked by females, or when they're in abusive situations with women/men. They should have as good a chance to get custody of their kids. I hate the mentality that men are beneath women, that they are worth less because they have a freaking dangly bit. That the boy I babysit calls himself stupid when in trouble and can't be convinced otherwise is something I'm convinced is a product of this toxic social climate we have here in Canada.
- I believe that certain groups of people are a deadly mold upon humanity. They seem incapable of being civil and show barbaric tendencies when they are not agreed with and when others voice arguments against their stances. Other times they react with a total lack of respect, not to mention unwarranted hostility, towards people whom they know lack their beliefs. It honestly makes me a little tired of people.
- I'm of the opinion that people can be as agender as they want. Personally I rather like fae/faer/faers/faerself as non-binary pronouns, along with they/them. Still, no amount of arguing against science will change that people are physically born male or female at birth. True, some are born between sometimes.
- Honestly, sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a boy, and not just because I have periods each month. I'd give Ivanov's gender-changing hormone thing a try, that's for sure.
- I write an awful lot and post very little of it. Mostly because very little is even finished on the first attempted chapter.
- I find "Mary-Sue" to be... subjective. Depending on the way a character is written the Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu that seems suspect on paper may work wonderfully in real action.
MISC (counts kinda as recs?)
- HOBBIES: Writing. Drawing. Reading (fanfiction and novels). Watching movies, TV, and anime. Listening to music.
- FAVE GENRES (reading): "Animation". Horror. Sci-Fi. Supernatural. General. Romance. Comedy.
- FAVE MOVIES: The Croods. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. Spirited Away. JC's Avatar. JC. The Thing. Splinter (2008). Pitch Black (Riddick). Before I Wake. Treasure Planet. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney). Beauty and the Beast. Predators. Naruto: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom. Pokemon 4Ever. Pokemon Heroes. Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back. Pokemon: The Movie 2000. Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island.
- FAVE ANIME and CARTOONS: Eureka 7. Parasyte -the maxim-. Ergo Proxy. Shiki. Tokyo Ghoul. Gundam Seed. Sailor Moon. Highschool of the Dead. Avatar the Last Airbender. Kill la Kill. Gurren Lagann. My Hero Academia. Steven Universe. Powerpuff Girls (1998). Hey Arnold! (1996).
-LIVE-ACTION TV: Supernatural. Doctor Who. Fringe. Big Wolf On Campus. Charmed. Haven. Criminal Minds. NCIS. Once Upon a Time. The Walking Dead. The X-Files. Being Human (2011). Kingdom Hospital. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- FAVE MANGA: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. Akira. One Piece. Pochamani. 7 Seeds. Fort of Apocalypse/Apocalypse no Toride. Seiketsu no Haguruma. Distant Sky.
- FAVE BANDS/ETC: Thousand Foot Krutch. Fall Out Boy. Hollywood Undead. Avicii. Some Cash Cash. Digital Daggers. Halsey. Imagine Dragons. Maria Mena. OneRepublic. Rise Against. Runaground. Set It Off.
- FAVE YOUTUBERS: Philip SeFranco. Rob Dyke. Rosanna Pansino. Matthias. Markiplier. Team Edge. Simply Nailogical. LeeandLie. Lizz Robinett. Jonathan Young. Jacksepticeye. Cryaotic. CreepyPastaJr. CreepsMcPasta. Caleb Hyles. BlastphamousHD TV/Gaming. Bearing. adrisaurus. Be.Busta. Good Mythical Morning. KingSpook.
S T O R I E S: Possible, WiP, and Already Published
Cuore del Cielo: About updating, I've decided to write a few chapters more before I consider beginning to upload again. I'm getting a little frustrated myself, haha. Though that might be from seeing fantastic fanfictions from my various favorite fandoms just not being updated.
Ch 24: DONE!
Ch 25: DONE!
Ch 26: 1128 words.
If Wishes Were Candy: Redoing very slowly and renaming the fic... Changing things. Remaking it from the ground up basically. Dana's character is older (matching better with her character from the original fic). She'll have her flaws and her greed and her weaknesses too. I'm going to be... a little less tight to the story since I was scared to deviate too much and stifled the creativity that I had for it. I mean, keeping the basic story the same is fine since Aang is destined to do this and that, but making other adventures would be fun. The one with the castle? That was half-hearted at best and I never liked it a whole lot.
Inuyasha Fic: At its core this is 'Kagome replaced with her twin'. Her twin, Suzuran, is musically and vocally gifted, but she is easily distracted from school because of her dedication to music, and she's also oddly laid back. About some things one probably shouldn't be laid back about. She and Kagome are close but they aren't dependent on each other. They're each others best friends and fiercest protectors, but they are independent and mostly different people. The relationship between Inuyasha and Holder-of-the-Jewel goes a little differently because I am not going to attempt 'humor', thank you. I wouldn't pull it off well. If something turns out to be funny it's funny. So far it's been pretty darn fun to write.
Ch 1 - 8 done. Ch 9 is underway now.
MY FANFICTION PHILOSOPHY: If you like it enough for a FAVORITE or WATCH why not COMMENT? It doesn't even have to be longer than a single sentence.
I suppose only a writer knows what a writer wants to see in reviews.
If you read this and you're a serial watch/fav and runner, try dropping, at the very least, a single line about what you liked and did not like about the fic. Doesn't have to go in-depth, it will just be something. Seriously. Do readers go through the entire chapters without having a single little thought about the story and contents? None that they want out there for the writer to see?
My advice is to leave tiny reviews (at the very least) on fics you especially like. If you're not a writer-of-online-publishing-or-otherwise you have no idea how amazing it feels to open your email and find a review. Not just a review, but one that has a little substance and informs you that a reader thought about what you wrote and liked your fic enough to say something.
Don't worry about bad spelling, just leave a review. Five words, maybe twenty. Just a sentence.
Quotes: And Miscellaneous.
"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."- Albert Einstein.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick." The 11th Doctor (Doctor Who)
'Bottom line: Thou shalt consider characters people, not objects to channel thy wish fulfillment.'- The One Called Demetra
"Suppose everybody cared enough, everybody shared enough, wouldn't there be enough? There is enough in the world for everyone's need, but not for their greed." Frank Buchman.
"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it." ~ John Lennon.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people." -Thomas Mann
"I've always believed that evil isn't born, it's made." - Regina of Once Upon A Time.
"I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay."- Bob Dylan
"Learn as much by writing as by reading."- Lord Acton
"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." Mahatma Ghandi.
"I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind."- Patrick Dennis.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" Hiei, Yu Yu Hakusho.
"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King
"You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The greatest weapons in the world!" - The 10th Doctor (Doctor Who)
"When people don't express themselves, they die one piece at a time." Laurie Halse Anderson, Speak.
"Writing is an underestimated art, you are painting colorful images in people's minds by using words of black and white." ~ I.C., "The Art of Writing"
I, J.C Jackals, do solemnly swear to review all the fics I read,
regardless of the number of reviews,
its age, or anything else.
I have joined the Review Revolution (03/06/11).
Copy and paste this onto your profile to join the Revolution
If you're one of those people who get excited when you see just one review, paste this into your profile.
If you spend multiple hours each day reading or writing or a combination of both...copy and paste this on your profile.
ON WRITING MISTAKES: WORDS
Sapphic: I usually start with this one. It does NOT mean blue or water. I repeat it does NOT mean blue/water. I'm not saying the meaning 'cuz I'm too much of a prude.
DEFIANT: Boldly resisting authority or an opposing force. DEFINITELY: Without question and beyond doubt. One does not mean the other and I am beyond irritated that people keep putting DEFIANTLY when they mean definitely.