Author has written 35 stories for Twilight, Maximum Ride, Criminal Minds, Inuyasha, Fruits Basket, Shugo Chara!, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Harry Potter, and Star Wars.
My name is Kelsey, but around here I go by Mrs. Ren. I have too many ships to tell you, but I'll list the main ones I go crazy over. Dramione, Tomione, Reylo, and to be honest, I can ship Hermione with just about anyone BUT Ron. It's not because I hate him though. I don't see them as compatible, but I do see how there a wonderful friendship there to be explored.
If it can be considered problematic, I probably ship it.
If you'd like to follow me ( I love meeting people.) I'm on tumblr at mrsren96, AO3 as MrsRen, and if you're in any of the fanfiction groups I'm in, I love messaging but I won't friend request you until I know you. There's just so many bad experiences there. At some point, I might make an author's account.
In the Reylo What Happen Next? Fest: Temptation and Redemption won runner up! If you're into this ship you can also read the winner here.
The Red String of Fate, a Muggle AU Dramione, won the award for Admin Amy's favorite story of the season for the Granger Enchanted Awards 2018. (I bawled like a baby, let me tell you.)
Maybe I'll earn more someday? Who knows?
I've been really, really stuck on what to put here. I don't want to leave it blank because that seems impersonal, but I don't know what to write either. So, we will go with ten facts about myself. Because I'm lame, don't know what to write, and I also love talking about myself.
1. I'm double jointed. I can turn my hands all the way around. And my thumbs are super weird when I give a thumbs up because they bend backwards. Everybody gives me hell for it.
2. If my name wasn't a dead giveaway, I love Kylo Ren. Love, love, love. I also love his actor, Adam Driver. Last year for my birthday a group of my internet friends went in together and bought me a framed Kylo Ren photograph, completed with Adam Driver's autograph! I'm all too excited to show it off.
3. I'm a Slytherin. Any quiz I take has always sorted me into Gryffindor or Slytherin, but if you were to ask me, I belong in the dungeons. I like to think I'm brave, but in a sneaky way. After immediately hating the patronus Pottermore gave me, I decided on an otter. I love them, and my best memory that I can recall frequently is sitting at the aquarium and watching this otter race back in forth in his tank. Coincidentally, Hermione's is also an otter.
4. I love writing angst, but oh my God if I can read it. It's hard, makes my heart hurt and so I'm constantly told, "Pot meet kettle."
5. I love writing angst, but smut stories are probably my favorite. Getting Even was removed from my profile because I'm not too keen on having my FFN deleted because holy fuck it's filthy. You can read it here.
6. Six is my favorite number.
7. I live in Oklahoma and I HAAAATE it. I want to travel. I've always wanted to visit England and fortunately if I ever do my alpha lives there!
8. God, is this over yet. This shit is hard. No matter how sure of myself I seem in my writing, don't be fooled. I'm horribly self concience. That being said, I check all my stats every single day and compare them month to month. I live for writing, and it's taken me a long time to keep the momentum even when someone else might not love it. See, it's an outlet. Those awful things that happen in life, the bad childhoods, the bullying through school, and all those feelings in between-this is my way to let them out. So when you look at The Red String of Fate, it's dealing with more than Hermione and Draco crashing together. It's about Hermione, who is the victim of an assault that nearly ended in her rape. It's about picking yourself up again and how hard it is to keep going.
That's the role model I needed when I was a kid, so I write her. Or him. I write about the changes I want to see, about the things that are too hard to say it outloud, but at least I can write them down.
9. I love writing oneshots, but the only one I've ever written that I may expand is Unwrapped because I love it so, so much. I usually participate in a segment in the Dramione Fanfiction Writers group on Facebook, and it's called Troping Thursdays. They often end in smut.
10. Honestly, beyond writing, I just want to make friends, so you know, message me if you like.
I will be completing The Red String of Fate by the end of June 2018, hopefully. And also Getting Even.
I'm participating in the Strictly Dramione Summer Fest! So yay! I'll have a new story, which is likely to end up being the length of TRSoF that will begin posting at the beginning of September.
I'm also participating in a Dramione Writing Comp, which will pop up here around the same time.
After finishing all of the above, and also while I'm writing The Art of Secrecy, a smutty Muggle AU Tomione, I will be working on a new Dramione. A very smutty dramione since Vanessa feels personally betrayed by my lack of dramione smut.
That plot being: I’m going to write my next smut thing as they make a bet that Draco cannot go without sex for a month. He’s constantly bringing girls into the head dorm and she’s sick of it. He accepts the bet with the condition that if he wins, “Granger is his prize.” And he gets to fuck her.
And then another, which since mentioning it to TheMourningMadam, it has not left my head: Following the War and the Battle of Hogwarts, Headmistress McGonagall decides to create a summer camp, of sorts, for the orphans of the war. Dozens of children who are left without parents stay at Hogwarts over the summer. Draco Malfoy being in charge of the Slytherins is the result of his probation, and other seventh years being unwilling to look over them. A twist on the camp counselors trope.
In a project that is not fully an idea, I will take on another Muggle AU that will have the triggers of self harm, and suicide. It will be raw, as I have been in that place. And it will probably hurt.
When do I update? Uh, usually often. I'm always writing, but I do take breaks sometimes and they're usually a few weeks long.
All of my love to MrBenzedrine who betas for TRSoF, and puts up with all of my misuse of commas. To LilahMontgomery, who is my Alpha and genuinely one of my very best friends. And to weestarmeggie17 for offering to beta and alpha for me. And thanks for dragging me into the tomione fandom as well.