Author has written 2 stories for Harry Potter.
There we go... Ch 22 is up, no promises on when you'll see Ch 23. Might see a few chapters on my other in progress story first but I still haven't decided on that yet either.
I do not write slash.
For those times that I forget to pop a disclaimer at the top of something just know that I'm not JK Rowling and if I were and was craving writing more Potterverse stuff I'd probably do it somewhere I would get paid for it ya know... not on FAN fiction. Just saying. ;)
Things I like:
Harry/pretty much most female characters other than Ginny... no offense to Ginny but the whole crush on Harry since she was a kid fangirling thing doesn’t work for me given that Harry doesn't like being famous. Harry and angsty fics that start in his childhood also can be good when I'm in the mood for them anyway. My new favorite pairing for Harry is Susan Bones.
Hermione/not Ron - do you see a trend? I'm not fond of canon pairings. Ron and Hermione bicker too much and honestly I don't think Ron is smart enough to provide Hermione with enough intelligent conversation to keep her happy. I do like her with a lot of other guys. Rare pairs can be very fun (Cedric, Marcus, Adrian, Oliver).
I like Time Travel fics a lot. Go figure that is what I start with for a solo writing project. :)
Well written pieces are a pleasure and if you can make me like a pairing that I don't usually like or give a chance more power to you. I'm not fond of Snape-Hermione but I've seen it done very well and even have a few of those on my favorite stories list now.
Things I don't like:
Poor spelling, grammar and the wrong choice of word for example: using loose (as in your shirt hangs loose from your pants when it is untucked) when what you mean is lose (as in: if you don't win the game then you lose the game) the other particularly common one is desert (there is sand in the desert) used when someone is talking about dessert (dessert has two s’s like strawberry shortcake). It make me twitchy. Sadly all too many writers do not know the difference between they're, their, and there and to, two, too. I will do my best not to have writing up that would make ME twitch. :)
Time Travel Challenge – The criteria for this includes the following requirements:
1) Hermione must go back in time post Voldemort’s fall in the last battle without using a time turner or doing it intentionally.
2) There is no going back to the “future” save by the passage of time. She literally will be her friends’ parents’ age when time catches up with her.
3) Find a unique way to give her a new identity that will fool even the Marauder’s map (should you choose to put her in their 7th year)
4) Pairing/Time options: There are two choices on timing. For the sake of the challenge we will make the assumption that Fabian and Gideon Prewett (Molly’s brothers) were 7th years when the Marauder’s were 1st years. Option one is for her to turn up in their 7th year. Option two is for her to turn up in the Marauder’s 7th year. With option one pairing choices are Fabian or Gideon. Option two pairing choices are Sirius or Remus.
King’s Cross Challenge – After being killed by Voldemort in the clearing Harry goes to King’s Cross and is met by his parents instead of Dumbledore. After a touching reunion both parents can have a good rant over the many, many manipulations and in particular over ‘how that bastard Snape fooled him even to the last with faked memories’. Through some haggling with Death it is agreed that Harry can be sent back. Criteria to be met:
1) Snape is a bastard who has been completely playing his own side the whole time. Some of the time that Harry has thought he was up to something he really WAS up to something.
2) Manipulative Weasleys – they aren’t all bad but it must be made apparent which were playing a part. You pick who (though I prefer the twins to actually be good as they are fun and inventive). Ginny (if not using potions) can either be a manipulative fangirl or she can perhaps be a victim of her first year experiences that she never got help overcoming but she should NOT be the girl Harry ends up with.
3) Dumbledore – he’s up to you if you want him more or less manipulative
4) Hermione – likewise up to you how involved she is though for most purposes she was a very good friend to Harry and likely could be regardless of what house he’s in.
5) Neville is under-appreciated give him some love and a nice girl. :)
6) If returning to first year I’d be delighted to see Harry try a new house and see what dynamics form.
7) Pairings – aside from a firm veto of Ginny and a sincere preference that Harry be paired with a girl as we never see him crushing on anyone not female in canon all I ask for is some thought given to pairing him with a lesser known character. While there is nothing wrong with Harry/Hermione it is fun to see what might happen when Harry finds someone outside his tiny canon social circle.
8) Finally, find a unique way to keep him discrete about his ‘future knowledge’ and help him explain it away.
If you decide to write a story for one of my challenges drop me a note, I would love to read them. :)
Feedback is lovely but flames should stay in the campfires where they can roast marshmallows. Thanks.