Well, what can I say? I enjoy reading fanfiction and I'm currently working on 'Just Take my Hand'. I've decided to start posting my stories here mainly for the purpose of motivating myself to get it finished because I have an annoying habit of starting working on a story and losing interest in it after a few written chapters. And as I really hate to see people abandoning the stories I like, my consciousness wouldn't allow me to do it to other people (at leas, that was the idea). I'd like to write more fanfic eventually, but I'll see as it goes.
For everyone who's reading my stories, I'd like to mention that English is not my native language, so don't expect my grammar, etc. to be perfect. However, I try to limit them to a minimum.
Alas, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is always welcome. Although all sort of reviews are nice (except for the flames, of course) but this actually help me to improve myself as a writer because it always helps to get someone else's perspective.
Concerning my fanfics:
1. My stories might/will contain SLASH. If you don't like it, I suggest you don't read them. In case you ignore the warning and read them anyway, and then go ranting about how disgusting it is, I'll just laugh at you.
2. Reviews. As I already said, constructive comments are always welcome
About my preferences (in case you care):
Harry being paired with: Voldemort, Lucius, Severus (although I've got tired of that pairing), any rare Death-Eater
Pairings I dislike:
Harry being paired with: Draco, Remus (don't particularly like the guy), Ron (creepy...), a girl (with very few exceptions)
I like Harry being:
Smart, Slytherin (that's not a must), independent, strong (personality-wise)
I dislike Harry being:
A pansy, driven by guilt (most writers just take it too far), submissive (yeah, I really hate that). Honestly, what's that with all the writers writing Harry as a pussy?! I would understand him being a bottom in a Dom\Sub relationsip but...Think of it like that, if you had an extra limb, wouldn't you want to use it once in a while?! Dammit, it just irritates me when I see him with Draco\Severus or any other pairing and it's clear just who the GIRL is in their relationship. Those authors are hetters in denial. If you want him so much to behave like a girl, just make him into one! Call in (gasp) MAGIC! OK, my rant ends here for now and I really feel better *grin*
Also, I try to avoid Creature\SuperPowerful\Heir\Magus\Superman, etc. Harry. If you make him superpowerful, where is the conflict? It's much more interesting reading how Harry trains (realistically) and uses his cunning to compete with the wizards who are on a similar power level and have the advantage of having hundred+ years of exprience. THAT I call a conflict.
- Why do like SLASH:
Well, being a girl it's just too weird to read het from a guy's point of view and there aren't enough female characters in HP with a potential. I read femslash occasionaly, but i'ts mostly just plain smut or stupid romance. And, to be honest, the idea of two guys together is just hot and the reader doesn't have to identify with any of them, which is an added bonus.
I can tolerate Harry being pared with Bellatrix\Luna\Fleur provided that those characters stay in character
- Smallville: one reason only: Lex. The actor is amazing, he gave life to the character (as cliche as it may sound). I also like the occasional crossovers with HP but, sadly, the key word is 'occasional' and the quality is mostly, shall we say, lacking.
Warning for rant that follows: Why, why there's virtually no fic with Harry\Lex pairing?! Don't people see how yummy it's be? And, on other note, what about Lucius\Lionel, hmm? It makes soooo much sense when you think about it. A match made in heavens, really.
- Anita Blake: it's a pity that they don't allow to write (post) fanfic based on this fandom. The potential is huge, although the author doesn't leave many plot holes to play with the world, hmm...
- Buffy: Ahh, I liked it in the times long gone but I can still appreciate certain things about it, namely: Xander, Spike (esp. two of them together), Giles, Faith, Drusilla, Anya, Amy...wow, that's more things than I suspected, LOL
- Phantom of the Opera: haven't read the book, seen the movie (average), loved the music. Most of the fanfic, though, suck major *! PS: Michael Crawford rules as a movie phantom; his voice is...I can't find the right words to describe it.
- Hannibal Lecter: loved the book (SotL), read occasionaly good fanfics
It's quite tempting to write a fic based on classic literature but, IMO, it's best to leave them alone and treat them with proper respect. *sniff*
- Twilight: there's one word that describes it best: FAIL. Complete and utter fail. Important message for everyone: remember, never forget that Vampires. Don't. Sparkle. They don't! And, lastly, to the people with doubts: Edward does NOT exist. Deal with it.
|Focus:||Books Harry Potter|