Author has written 7 stories for Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Pirates of the Caribbean, Artemis Fowl, CSI: Miami, and How to Train Your Dragon.
Hello readers, haganeochibi here! Feel free to poke around this profile, or send me a PM. I usually answer belatedly. Somehow.
"Cramming may get you through 4 years of college, but it will screw you for the next 40 years!" -Rancho, 3 Idiots (2009)
Who is haganeochibi?
1. I am a Catholic Filipino somewhere in the biochemistry line who likes reading, writing, drawing, studying, figure skating, and chilling with the family dogs.
2. I prefer fantasy/adventure over humor, slice of life, action/suspense, and romance, but I am very picky with the latter. Relatively. No lemon.
3. If you'd look through my playlist, you'll find a cocktail of movie soundtracks, a healthy dose of piano music, a splash of Libera, and a hint of pop and rock. Current listening piece(s): What a wonderful world by Libera.
4. I like fanfiction. I'm just your regular writer and reviewer who reads and CC's from time to time.
What fandoms does haganeochibi visit?
All-time favorite anime: Full Metal Alchemist (Japanese: Hagane no Renkinjutsushi. Hence, my pen name which actually means full metal shorty)
Other animations I'm familiar with: Blood, Ouran High School Host Club, Gundam Wing, Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X, Naruto, Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny, D. Grayman, DNAngel, Negima, DNA2, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Ginban Kaleidoscope, Appleseed, Karas, Final fantasy 7: AC, Katekyou Hitman reborn, Le Chevalier D'eon, Zero no Tsukaima, Pokemon, Digimon, Doraemon, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Code Geass, Baka and Test, Spirited Away, Ponyo, How to train your dragon, The Lorax.
All-time favorite book: Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
Other Books I've read:
Artemis Fowl, Half-Moon Investigations by E.Colfer, Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, Heroes of Olympus series, The Kane Chronicles by R. Riordan, Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Kira-kira by C. Kadohata, By the River Piedra I sat Down and Wept and The Alchemist by P. Coehlo, Brother Grimm by C. Russell, The Good Earth by P. Buck, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, Demian by Herman Hesse, Twilight Saga by S. Meyer, Tree by F. Jose, Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code by D. Brown, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by M. Scott
Other fandoms I'm familiar with: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Olympus Guardian, Danny Phantom, Phantom of the Opera, A Series of Unfortunate Events, CSI: Miami, Pirates of the Caribbean, American Dragon: Jake Long, Karate Kid, Monster Allergy, WITCH, Gummi Bears, 3 Idiots, PK
And a few other things...
Disclaimer: All of the stories and canon characters belong to their respective owners. All characters are fictitious. Any similarity to real things are hereby unintentional. I do not profit from anything that I write, except probably the experience of writing.
On Errors/Inconsistencies/Corrections: If there are any errors in any way, shape or form in my stories, please let me know so I can correct them.
On stories and story-writing: Writing is one of the best hobbies I have. It helps me channel negative vibes into creativity, and practice my grammar, think critically, and put myself in other people's shoes. I dislike stories with bad grammar, lots of typos, and too much fluff. But then, good stories are stories which convey a meaningful message through its characters, events, and everything it portrays. So don't write just for the sake of writing, or for the sake of getting a lot of reviews. Write to send a message. Reviews (flame or not) are just added bonus.
On Original Characters (OC): I have nothing against OCs unless they are written terribly. Some like OCs, some don't. If they are not your cup of tea, then stay away from OC fics. Simple as that.
On Mary Sue's/Gary Stu's: These characters are perfect, and are most often written distastefully. When they do possess flaws, these flaws are often exaggerated, and do not balance the story well. I stay away from these as much as I can.
What has haganeochibi done in FF.net so far?
A Childhood Memory (FMA, series 1) - Supposed to be an adventure fic, this fic will be re-written without Claire the clairvoyant (Oh, hahaha.). It will become a two-shot about the brothers with one chapter about their childhood, and the other after the ending of the first series. Current State: DELETED.
The Volturian Problem (Twilight) - Formerly Eyes of Silver, this story is set after the series. Furious at being outsmarted by the Cullen clan, the Volturi sends one of their less known vampires as bounty hunter. This backfires on them, and the Volturi is thrown into chaos. Current state: DELETED.
Of Titanic Proportions (PJO) - This is my own take on an OC, post-TLO fic, using the cliche concept of Percy's sister and with the 'Titan's back up plan' plot line. Current state: Polishing, polishing, polishing!
It's Just Good Business (POTC) - This is my first one shot, and my first POTC fic. It's been in my head since I watched POTC 3. I'm just happy it's finally done. Thanks to teenelizabeth who beta read it and made it a whole lot better! Current state: COMPLETE.
Le Opera de Fowle (AF) - Beta-reader: Holly Marie Fowl. An AU (Alternate Universe) story of Artemis and the lot in the Phantom of the Opera setting. This is proving very difficult to write, and I have yet to acquire inspiration for this. Open to co-writing [PM me if interested]. Current State: Transposing the script to the AF universe.
Perhaps (CSI: Miami) - I wanted to do something for the three longest staying characters in CSI:Miami, and this is the result. This one-shot is dedicated to youreconfusingme. Current state: COMPLETE
Suggestions (PJO) - Artemis and Apollo unwittingly give useful ideas to one another which help shape part of the PJO world we know today. This is my first attempt in writing about these twins, and they are a lot of fun to write! This fic was done in an attempt to be rid of writer's block. Current state: COMPLETE.
The Missing Night Fury (HTTYD) - Beta-reader: Cke1st. It started with a 'what-if' daydream that evolved to a 2-arc story involving a mythical island of mythical beasts coexisting with not-so-mythical people. I wrote this because, like Hiccup, I want Toothless to be reunited with his kin. Of course, the journey will not be as easy as they think it will be. Current state: Storyboarding the second arc.
An Erstwhile Visit (HTTYD) - I succumbed to a work-induced writer's block and asked littlemisshappytart from the UFO Baby fandom to give me a writing prompt. This is the result. I don't normally do poems, but this just happened.
Does haganeochibi have anything else in the backlog?
The simple answer: A lot.
The long answer is the list below.
1) A Percy Jackson and the Olympians fanfic. It's got something to do with Hecate, Nemesis, Percy, Nico... and Freaky Friday. Make what you will. -grins- I can see the possibilities. This may be the plot for the sequel of "Of Titanic Proportions."
2) Metamorphosis is an Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfic [most likely a one-shot] which focuses on Azula's own metamorphosis and written in snippets so you won't get bored. I hope.
3) Just College is a Twilight fanfic. It displays an all human cast focused on Edward and Bella in college and all things in between, including getting your friends kidnapped, and having your professors saving your hides for you. 'tis a wonderful life, yes?
4) Back in the cupboard under the stairs. A Harry Potter fanfic. Harry is on an auror mission when he suddenly finds himself hiding in a cupboard beneath a dingy staircase.
5) Nico's Cabin Ventures is a Percy Jackson and the Olympians series of Nico-centric one shots. Nico is your regular reclusive son of Hades and therefore is best left alone. But sometimes, the Fates just meddle with the status quo and poor Nico is off socializing with other demigods. And with not-so-pleasant results. The Aphrodite cabin chapter is outlined, but the fic as a whole needs more ideas and fine-tuning for the other cabins.
6) A Harry Potter - Artemis Fowl fanfic. Something to do with elves.
7) Stronger. Teen titans fic. Based on the honorary Titan, Jericho Wilson, it will be about the Titans' discovery of Jericho's heritage and how they will deal about it.
8) A Spirited Away one shot about the twins, Yubaba and Zeniba, through the eyes of Chihiro, and for her homework. Words come to life, even if it's just in our dreams.
9) A How to train your dragon and The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel cross-over: Tsagaglalal was wondering whether she made the right decision of picking the chief's son in place of that strong blond girl, when a certain Next-Generation elder finds herself on Berk.
10) Siblings. A Fullmetal Alchemist and Percy Jackson and the Olympians cross-over. In their search for the atomic bomb, the Elric brothers stumble upon the di Angelo siblings in America. Chaos ensues.
To God be the glory!