Author has written 5 stories for Sherlock Holmes, Newsies, Master and Commander, and Phantom of the Opera.
Bonjour, fellow ficcers!
I used to have a very lengthy profile; however, it was written in a fit of righteous anger and ire, since I had just read a defamatory and offensive (not to mention overly conceited) profile, and wanted to combat it. So now, I have a much more abbreviated and happy summary of self.
I'll stick to the top ten facts: Quick! Think fast, Paisley!
1, 2, 3 GO!
1. I am a rabid fangirl for the following things: Phantom of the Opera. The Aubrey/Maturin Series (Master and Commander to lubbers). Sherlock Holmes. Newsies. Harry Potter. Gone With The Wind. Johnny Tremain. Percy Jackson. The Catcher in the Rye. Jane Austen. The Scarlet Pimpernel. Ayn Rand Novels. History. Tea. Cats. Dancing. Flossy (reads: flashy, pretty, or snazzy) hair. Cucumbers. Horse polo. High-heeled boots. I also have a childish fascination with Barbie and the Twelve Dancing Princesses. Etc. I like the world in general, though particularly the items on this list from Angel of Music to Howard Roark.
2. I am an avid reader, writer, artist, cinephile, and general connoisseur of Things People Create. However, I am PICKY PICKY and detest the misuse of the English language.
3. My name derives itself from the fact that I adore paisley, and once (two summers ago) worked as a counselor (or shepherdess, if you will) for five-year-olds at a garden camp. It had flowers. And bees. And large toads.
4. Whenever I am in a horrible mood, brown study, or simply depressed, I mentally go to a bar and have drinks (only cokes for me, of course) with my favorite protagonists. We discuss our mutual complaints and whine and rant and generally raise cane. And we cuss, and I feel much better, if a bit delusional.
5. I cannot sing to save my life, and in fact honk, yet am in love with musicals and will belt when given the opportunity.
6. I fear moths.
7. Aw gee, I'm running out of things to say.
8. I like grapefruits and peaches.
10. The quadratic equation.
HA! all ten! Now I'll stop this jibba jabba and let y'all get back to creating joy through fanfiction. A bientot!
EDIT: A list, for my own amusement, of my archetypes:
The Hermione, the Jack Aubrey, the Tulio, the Skittery, the Murphy McManus, the Snow White, the Princess Fallon, the Aramis. The Sherlock, the Root, the Melanie Hamilton-Wilkes, the Beth. The Catherine Moreland, the Jane Bennett. The Chekhov, the Kant, the Jude the Obscure. The Paisley!
Unsafe External Link