Author has written 15 stories for Glee.
Hello, my name is WildeAbrams.
To find out more about me and my work, please visit the about me page on my blog:
You should also follow me on Twitter:
As you can tell from that name I am a Glee fan, and a huge fan of the characters of Artie Abrams (Kevin McHaile) and Kitty Wilde (Becca Tobin) and believe that the canonical Kitty Wilde / Artie Abrams (kartie, Wikdebrams WildeAbrama, artitty, or whatever you choose to call it) relationship on the show is on of the best parts of seasons 4 and 5 of the show (hopefully continued in season 6). I also have a soft spot for Quartie (Quinn and Artie) friendship and possibly more. I really wish he show had developed that more. Diana Aragon is seriously talented!
===== Glee Will Never End As Long As We Keep Reading and Writing Fanfic About It! =====
- My Mantra
My pen name is the last names of two of my favorite characters and whom I've written most of my stuff about. I picked this pen name both because of this and because it's so cool. I've also written stuff for Star Trek, The Brady Bunch, and A Walk To Remember, which I may post on here someday. I read all kinds of fanfic though.
Please follow me on Twitter (@WildeAbrams) and Instagram (@WildeAbramsFabray) for updates and discussion.
== Ships ==
My OTP: WildeAbrams (Wildebrams/kartie)
Secondary Pairings: Quartie (even though RIB were too chicken to do it), Rylie (because I still have hope for these two), Tike (even though though it started as cheating and a big joke, it grew from there), Quoe (even though it was a little creepy), Wemma (because they were so obviously in love from the very beginning),
Pairings I Disliked: Klaine, Jarley, Jitty
Pairings I think are cute, but don't think work long term: Samcedes, Fabevans
Favorite Characters: Finn, Quinn, Artie, Kitty, Marley, Ryder, Mercedes
Former Favorite Characters (due to crappy writing): Tina, Blaine, Sam
Least Favorite Characters: Puck, Jake, Unique, Rachel, Santana
Characters I Wish Were Developed More: Puck, Marlry, Ryder, Lauren, Brittany
== My OTP ==
Artie and Kitty are an epic couple in the sense that their relationship was built by the writers over the period of a year before bringing them together officially on screen. How much of that was preplanned and how much of it was their writing to the characters obvious chemistry we may never know. But to we the viewers it does not really matter, because its just as enjoyable. You would need to be blind not to see the mutual attraction between them long before Love Love Love or even Wonder-ful.
For the record I saw Artie and Kitty happening long before the Guilty Pleasures episode and honestly I think before Dynamic Duets. There was a connection of sorts all the way back in The New Rachel. On the surface they don’t seem to fit, but as you look at their histories and what happened during Kitty’s Sophmore year they make a lot of sense.
Unfortunately, despite what Ian Brennon said in an interview back in February 2014, the producers chose not to keep them together after he graduated, nor did they give the characters relationship real closure. We the viewers are left to just assume that they broke up off screen. I personally don't accept that, and have been inspired to write about this amazing couple.
== My View of Fanfic ==
The role of the fanfiction author is to explore the characters in new and exciting ways. Sometimes this is through creating original stories featuring the existing characters and possibly including new ones. But other times stories based upon the existing plots of the show or movie are used as jumping off points. Glee has had so many story lines that were started and then dropped inexplicably, or were not given a proper resolution. It's ripe with opportunities for this. I tend to use a combination of the two. It is our duty as fanfic writers to answer them for our own enjoyment as well as that of others. I'm trying to weave some of these things together and provide some answers and resolutions. Here and there you will see things connected for other people as well.
Glee has been criticized because the new characters supposedly didn't gel as well as the original cast. I don't really agree, but if there is any truth to it, it is because of the producers tendency to come up with any excuse they could to bring back the alumni, and downplay the new cast. Often they just sat there, or in one case, several of them were completely written out of an episode ("I Do"). I'm not going to make that mistake here and the Alumni will be used only when the story really calls it (or they actually appeared in the episode). Otherwise the stories will center on the McKinley set group.
=== Fan Fiction Guide ===
With a few exceptions, all of my stories fit together into one long story arc. Also, for the most part, they are all what I like to call 'cannon compliant' which means that with a few small exceptions, they add to, but do not contradict what we saw and heard on the show.
In my opinion, Glee 'jumped the shark' after they discontinued Glee Club. For that reason, for the purpose of my stories, everything that happened after New York, New York (with the exception of Opening Night) is not accepted as cannon. Artie went on a few dates in college, but did not hook up with his classmates (or contract an STD), and no one turned their backs and gave up on their lifelong dreams for no logical reason.
== Story Series' ==
These are being written simultaneously so you will see additional chapters in both parts appearing on here as inspiration hits and I feel they are ready for publication.
== The Wildebrams Saga ==
* The Wildebrams Saga 1: The Ballad of Kitty and Artie - this is the first of three parts of my my WildeAbrams fanfic. It is told mostly from Kitty's perspective (with about a third from Artie's) and covers Kitty's and Artie's back stories, and tells how she and Artie met and gradually fell in love and started dating during seasons four and the first half of season five of the show. It is a work in progress, but expected to be about 40-42 parts when complete. Each episode will get a chapter, and there will be a handful of bonus chapters with all new original material. It will run until just after graduation (New Directions). This story will cover every major and most minor things that happened to Kitty and Artie during her sophomore year and the summer afterward, filling in a lot of holes and attempting to answer a lot of questions. As I write this the story is not yet done but large parts are, and I have a detailed outline. If you have any suggestions or feedback pleased leave them in the comments and I will see what I can do about incorporating them.
* The Wildebrams Saga 2: New Beginnings - is a multiple-part, all new, collection of stories chronicling the fictitious AU season 5.5 and beyond (Kitty and the others junior and senior years) which the producers don't care enough to do. Kitty's junior year will focus on drama club, she and Artie's relationship, and getting glee club back. Featuring the season 4 newbies and introducing the McCarthy twins.
* The Wildebrams Saga 3: New New Directions - Glee Club is back on a trial basis. They have one year to prove themselves and win or place at Nationals, or the club is gone for good. Senior Year will introduce the remaining season 6 newbiew and take a few cues from the season 6 episodes, but be quit different.
* The Wildebrams Saga 4: Wedding Song - As the title implies, this story, which is expected to be 8 or 10 chapters will conclude with the wedding of Artie Abrams and Kitty Wilde. It takes place 4 years in the future, after Artie's high school graduation.
* The Wildebrams Saga 5: Homecoming [ In Planning! ] - Kitty, Artie, and the rest of the alumni return to Lima for a 10 year all class New Directions Reuniom and face a shocking announcement from Mr. Schue, and some life changing decisions for themselves.
== Wildebrams Multi-Part ==
* The WildeAbrams Season 6 - A rebelling of most of the cannon season 6 episodes with emphasis on Kitty and Artie's relationship. It will provide a Wildebrams endgame along with a few other changes.
== The Quartie Collection ==
* Quartie Headcannon - The history of Quinn and Artie's friendship as told to Kitty by Quinn (takes place during a future chapter of Wedding Song, but stands on its own.
* Quartie Ever After - After returning from Beth Corchran's high school graduation, and years of being single and childless, Quinn and Artie consider possibilities.
* The Next Step - Sometimes things in life don't go as hoped or planned, as Artie Abrams, Quinn Fabray, Finn Hudson, and Rachel Berry discover when all four of them end up attending Ohio State University together the fall after they graduated from high school. AU after season 2. Quartie, Finchel.
* Quartie Season Two [ In Planning! ] - AU. What would season 2 have been like if Artie and Quinn had dated each other instead of Brittany and Sam?
* Quartie Backstory [ In Planning! ] - background on Artie and Quinn's friendship/relationship before and through season 1. Used mostly as background material for other stories, including my Wildebrams stuff.
* I'm Still Standing [ In Outline! ] - Quinn and Artie reconnect after her car accident and she subsequently becoming wheelchair bound (Quartie Friendship).
* Cheerios [ In Planning ] - a loose reimagining of Bring it On with Quinn in the Torrence Shipman role and Artie in the Cliff role.
== Stand Alone Wildebrams Stories ==
From time to time you may also see stand alone stories, and alternate versions.
* In My Arms Again (Somewhere, Somehow) - this was my first WildeAbrams story, and is the goodbye for Kitty and Artie that the producers were lazy, or didn't care enough, to write and film. It also serves as a bridge between The Ballad of Kitty and Artie and Glee: A New Beginning.
* Passion is Wonder-ful - originally intended to be a chapter of The Balland of Kitty and Artie. As I wrote other earlier chapters of BKA I found that for various reasons I would need to make changes to the story I had already written to make it fit with the rest of the series. But I am really proud of how this one turned out, so I released it as a stand alone story. When I get to that chapter, I will include a version of this with the necessary changes in BKA.
* An Unexpected Tragedy - a small part of an early draft of my version of The Quarterback, released on the one year anniversary of the death of actor Corey Monteith as a sort of mini-tribute. It will be expanded as a chapter of The Ballad of Kitty and Artie.
* The Day That Evening Changed - When a gunshot is heard at McKinley, everyone is shaken to the core, and things will never be the same again for anyone, especially Kitty Wilde. My take on the episode Shooting Star. A revised version of this will eventually be included in The Ballad of Kirty and Artie, but I keep referring to this in other stories, and I really like what is written so far and wanted to share.
* Our Quarterback [ COMIMG SOON! ] - my version of the episode The Quarterback. As much as I loved the Corey Monteith tribute episode, there was quit a bit missing. This is my attempt to rectify that. It will have the same plot, but with changes. Everyone who should have been there will be. Everyone including the newbies will get their tributes. Will focus on Kitty, Artie, Quinn, Puck, Mercedes, Marlry, Santana, and of course, Rachel & Kurt.
* The Bitterness of Being Left Behind - my conjecture about what happens when former lovers Kitty and Artie encounter eachother a year and a half after their breakup. Set during the season 6 episode Homecoming (6x02). Based upon some early spoilers and doesn't fit with the actual episode, but I was rather surprised ho well I guessed on some things. THIS STORY HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THE REAST OF MY STORIES dispite parts of it seeming familiar.
* Ask Me [ In Planning! ]- set during her senior year, Kitty faces some ghosts from her past with the support of her boyfriend Artie, and friend Ryder.
* No It's Not [ In Planning! ] - the New Directions as well as the entire McKinley student body are shaken to the core by a hate crime at the hands so one of their own to a member of their New Directions family. Set during the latter half of Kitty's junior year.
|Community:||The BEST of Glee: Wildebrams (Kartie)|
|Focus:||TV Shows Glee|