Poll: Who will be the winner of the deal in 'Love and Hell', Rose or Scorpius? Will it be 'Love' or 'Hell' in the end? Vote Now!
Author has written 16 stories for Harry Potter.
Sorry guys... I'm not deleting anything, which means I might return some time soon...
So, I think it was about time to update this profile, which, by the way, is something I am terrible at.
Well, name's Sarah. AdFinemAdInfinitum is a latin quote (back from the days I could actually undestand it) which means, roughly, To the end (of the page) and to Infinity.
I am from Greece and currently in college majoring in English Literature.
The love I have for charming, clever plotlines (either it is a book, a tv show or a play) is borderline pathological.
Whoever said that the problem with reality is the lack of background music is, in my opinion, a genius and as an answer to his prays we have the ipod.
I am in general a lonely person who strongly believes people cannot survive without other people. I am also a person who constantly contradicts herself.
Some ancient philosopher said that there are two opinions in every matter, commpletely opposite and equally correct. I would have to agree.
Which brings me to my next big love: Quotes.
I adore intelligent and humorous quotes. But not the kind of thing you're likely to see in a ten year old's diary. I think quotes like "Love is not finding someone you can live with. It is fininding someone you can't live without." belong in kid's diary and should stick strictly to it.
People who have not tried watching anime or reading manga should hesitate no longer. The same goes for people who have not tried Agatha Christie's detective stories, Jane Austen's romances and Harry Potter.
Well, i suppose that's enough for the moment.
1) This Isn't The End, It Isn't Even The Beginning Of The End. But Perhaps It Is The End Of The Beginning - Sir Winston Churchill (totally stolen from another profile...sorry)
2) A rose by any other name would smell as sweet- W. Shakespeare
3) Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off. - Raymond Chandler
4) From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class. From 10 feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from 30 feet away. -Raymond Chandler
5) If my books had been any worse, I should not have been invited to Hollywood, and if they had been any better, I should not have come. - Raymond Chandler
6) The streets were dark with something more than night. -Guess what? Raymond Chandler!
7) Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet. - Plato
8) It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story. -Agatha Christie- well... only the best crime author...
9) Very few of us are what we seem- Agatha Christie...
10) There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being, cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.- Agatha Christie's Poirot
11) But when a lady is supposed to be a heroine, the perverseness of forty surrounding families cannot prevent her. Something must and will happen to bring a hero in her way- Jane Austen
12) All the world's a stage,
13) It is happy for you that you possess the talent of flattering with delicacy. May I ask whether these pleasing attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment, or are they the result of previous study?- Jane Austen , in Pride and Prejudice...
14) Why am I to be pitied, you say? Yes, I agree. There's nothing to pity me for! I ought to be crucified, crucified on a cross, not pitied! Crucify me, judge! Crucify me...but pity me?- Raskolnikov in Crime and Punishment. Fyodor Dostoevsky
15) I did not bow down to you, I bowed down to all the suffering of humanity.- Crime and Punishment...
16) Let's plunge ourselves into the roar of time, the whirl of accident; may pain and pleasure, success and failure, shift as they will - it's only action that can make a man.- Goethe's Faust
17) "Don't do this," she said. "Think of Me!" . "Think of you?" I answered; "Need you bid me to do so? Think of you - I do not think of you: you are ever before my soul! This very morning I sat on the spot where, a few days ago, you..." She immediately changed the subject to prevent me from pursuing it farther. My dear friend, my energies are all prostrated: she can do with me what she pleases. - Goethe course !
18) "Ron is the most immature of the three main characters, but in part seven he grows up. He was never strong footed, people see him mostly as Harry's friend; his mother had actually wanted a girl and in the last book he finally has to acknowledge his weaknesses. But it's exactly that which makes Ron a man." - J. K. Rowlings about Ron Weasley.
It's not much of a wisdom quote but i happened to read a story where Ron acts like and total jerk and dumps Hermione so that she can hook up with Malfoy. Of course I'm not one to judge other people's work but i just felt so bad that someone would write such a thing for Ron. So here it is. Both my and J. K. R.'s opinion on the matter.
19) Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. -G. K. Chesterton
20) There is not a thin line between love and hate. There is - in fact - a Great Wall of China with armed sentries posted every 20 feet between love and hate.- House M.D.
21) The great thing about telling somebody they're dying is it tends to focus their priorities. You find out what matters to them. What they're willing to die for. What they're willing to lie for. - House M. D.
22) You know me. Hostility makes me shrink up like a...I cant think of a non-sexual metaphor - House M. D. again
23) I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge - myth is more potent than history - dreams are more powerful than facts - hope always triumphs over experience - laughter is the cure for grief - love is stronger than death. - Robert Fulghum
24) Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality. - Emily Dickinson
25) Nothing that is worth knowing can be taught . - Oscar Wilde
26) Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world -Albert Einstein
27) There is something at the bottom of every new human thought, which can never be communicated to others, even if one were to write volumes about it; there's something left which cannot be induced to emerge from your brain, and remains with you forever; and with it you will die, without communicating to anyone perhaps the most important of your ideas. - Fyodor Dostoevsky
28) I admit that twice two makes four is an excellent thing, but if we are to give everything its due, twice two makes five is sometimes a very charming thing too - Fyodor Dostoevsky
29) We sneered at each other across the desk for a moment. He sneered better than I did. - Raymond Chandler
30) There are two kinds of truth: the truth that lights the way and the truth that warms the heart. The first of these is science, and the second is art. Neither is independent of the other or more important than the other... the truth of art keeps science from becoming inhuman, and the truth of science keeps art from becoming ridiculous. - Raymond Chandler
31) Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded. - Fyodor Dostoevsky
32) If you wish to glimpse inside a human soul and get to know a man, don't bother analyzing his ways of being silent, of talking, of weeping, of seeing how much he is moved by noble ideas; you will get better results if you just watch him laugh. If he laughs well, he's a good man. -Dostoevsky
33) Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - Albert Einstein
34) Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
35) Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.- Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton
36) I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity. - Gilda Radner
37) What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from. -T. S. Elliot
38) To certain people there comes a day
against his honor and his own conviction.
- By C. P. Cavafy
AdfinemAdinfinitum – normal letters
So having decided to make my profile just a little longer (as if it wasn't long enough) I made up my mind to write a small entry in association with one of my most famous friends brooke73. Famous?? Whatever Sar... But you're free to call her Bi. No you're not. Well actually you're free from me, she'd probably kill you if she knew. I know you bakka!! You're just unstoppable no matter what! Oh stop you're making me blush. What other choice do I have? I'm surrounded by... I cannot even characterise you... Awesome people? Feel free to gag...
Which brings me to my second point. The fact that I will be making some amazing -or amazingly stupid- comments that she will be commenting back to. Oh please! So keep an eye for the bolds that will be added soon. Already being added, love.
We've just finished our university entrance exams (which will only be so if we -and by we I mean I- will make it to university) and we've got tons of free time to spare on profiles no one bothers to read. So, you guys, we have been reading at her A/N for the past couple of months our dear Sar whining about the exams and the time consuming habit of writing, like she didn't enjoy it! I come forth to inform you she did great, no matter what she says. Do not believe her!
Please do not fill people up with false expectations. She thinks that just because she aced it everyone did. I did not ace. I kinda sucked. But who cares! You nailed it! And don't you dare doubt me or I'm so hitting you. She thinks violence quotes work on me. Pff… (they so do but don't tell!). You know I'm right here, right...? I’m trying to ignore it, but yeah.
But enough with the intros. Today's topic will be me. This is gonna be fun... Hahahaha. No kidding. That's what happens when you've got a very violent person next to you giving suggestions about topics. It's so obvious she's talking about me... I'm so proud!!! No. Since it is I who writes first, the topic will be 'ways to act like a complete idiot in school'. Plenty, we both have, must I say. Because that's what we do. No. That's what we are. That's what defines us as human beings. Said the philosopher.
So both of us will give some ideas. I start.
Lesson 1: When you want to say something bad about a professor in school…just don't! He's bound to hear it.
You could always talk bad about them outside school, at your houses etc., at a far place! Same lies for classmates. Once I was unlucky enough to start a discussion about the worst person in the class (in the world better yet) early in the morning (she is ALWAYS late, the bitch I was talking about) and for that single day, she decides to come on time and open the door at the moment we were talking... well, not so nice about her. She already knew our opinions, but still!!!! She didn’t know my opinion. But sure as hell she found out that day. To which I’d like to point out that it was me she heard talking. So yeah...
Ok, Lesson 2: When one of your classmates passes you a note which says to look at the footprints on the ceiling, don't!
Lesson 3: Antigone (character from Greek mythology) would never say a quote like 'the power of beer'.
Lesson 4: Never piss off the physical education instructor.
Lesson 5: Don't bring food that makes noise while you eat it in class. You're not supposed to eat in class and blah blah. What should I do if I'm hungry dude? You should have what I call "the silent food". Is that really a term- silent food? No packaging, no crispy stuff, small pieces. No flammable ingredients… kidding. And attention is needed, of course, if you don't want to get caught. I’d suggest chocolate. It can be cut to small pieces and it just melts in your mouth, you don’t even need to chew.
Lesson 6: If you have a stupid song stuck in your head, don't mention it to anyone. As soon as you finally forget about it a mean enough person will be found to remind it to you and then...Bye peace of mind once again... Kids are cruel. Well, you’re protesting cause all the songs that you sing are awful.
Lesson 7: Too bored in a class? Start a question of the day game.
Get a piece of paper and write a stupid question on it, such as... "Why are cows so fat, since all they eat is grass? " or something, answer it with an equally stupid answer and pass it to the person next to you, who will answer and then pass along. Request to get it back when everyone has answered. It is awesome to watch everyone react to the question and try to be inspirational in order to answer. Hilarious!
That sounds so cool. You’ve done that in your class? So jealous!
Lesson 8: If you want to listen to music from your mp3, you MUST have long hair. No skin-coloured headphones won't do the trick if you have short hair. Are there skin coloured headphones? Wow! And remember to keep it down! It'd be better if you only had one headphone on, the teacher may call you and you will look like a loser if you don't answer... Hah… who cares… professors are bigger losers anyway.
There will be more advice shortly.
Keep an eye!
Unsafe External Link