Poll: I'm thinking of changing my username to Chrys DASL. What do you think? Vote Now!
Author has written 288 stories for NCIS, Two and a Half Men, Toy Story, Harry Potter, Stargate: Atlantis, Big Bang Theory, Chaotic, Fairy Tales, A Bugs Life, Stargate: SG-1, Everybody Loves Raymond, Shakespeare, MacGyver, Shrek, Monk, Tribe, Family Guy, TV X-overs, Transformers, Powerpuff Girls, Joan Of Arcadia, Scooby Doo, Die Hard, Charmed, Misc. Movies, Simpsons, Twilight, Danny Phantom, Drew Carey Show, Dead Like Me, Dharma & Greg, 6teen, King of Queens, Series Of Unfortunate Events, iCarly, To Kill a Mockingbird, Dark Blue, Of Mice and Men, Misc. Books, Twilight Zone, Making Fiends, Charles Dickens, Mario, Arthur, Invader Zim, Walking Dead, Elder Scroll series, My Little Pony, Fairly OddParents, Rugrats/All Grown Up!, Teen Titans, Victorious, Batman, Jessie, Sonic the Hedgehog, Magic School Bus, Finding Nemo, Dexter's Laboratory, Phantom of the Opera, Wizard of Oz, Metalocalypse, Franklin, and Rabbids Invasion.
Update on me: Just stayin' busy with several different things. I've been reading up a storm thanks to my new job. Being around books is just so comforting that I have to read, and reading gives me TONS of ideas. So I'm working on a few original pieces, my Disasters series, and I am still writing in Not Done Yet because why not? If anyone has any ideas they want me to try out, send them my way.
I'm on WordPress as SS-Chrys. I haven't updated much in a while due to my limited internet time but I've been pretty busy lately. Expect updates there eventually.
Also, I'm finally done with college and my diploma was sent to me, bent of course but in otherwise decent shape. And I have a job so yeah, things are looking okay. It's a starter job but it'll help me figure out what I want to do with my life. Who knows where I'll end up but who cares? Depending how this election goes I'll be searching for something elsewhere anyway. Does anyone know if the Moon is hiring writers? I hear they're semi-immune to BS.
GENERAL ADVICE FOR ALL WRITERS: Practice makes perfect. I know people tell you this all the time--teachers, parents, whoever, but they say it because of the truth behind it. I didn't start hammering out fanfics overnight. I had to work at it, and I'm still learning too. The best thing you can do is to keep writing for yourself and learn to judge your own works. If you reread your work and question something, it probably needs to be fixed. If you don't know how, just post the piece anyway. Go back and rewrite it later when you have learned how. Keep writing and you'll find your own way. You'll find your style, you'll get better with the language, and you'll get the reviews you want if you don't beg for them. PROTIP: Feedback isn't everything. Most people sugar-coat it ("OMG this is the BEST thing I've EVER READ!!!!") or act emotionally ("I hated it. You suck. You should never write again. I hope you die. Blehblahbleh, I'm an angsty anonymous teen who thinks I'm better than everything"). Even critiques can be wrong because the person might not be as knowledgeable as they say they are.
And I'm aware that people look up to me, and I'm honored--I really am. But I am overwhelmed right now, and I've learned some things over the years about a lot of different things, one of which is writing. The best realizations I made about the writing process came "on the cutting room floor" (look up the reference) when I discovered how to go about quotations in a better way, or how to use different words instead of the same ones all the time, etc. You learn from experience, which is an individual process. I can't help you with that, and honestly, I'm just going to say all of this in a review anyway. Best advice: Be yourself, learn from your mistakes, have fun, don't worry what anyone thinks--you've heard it all before, so apply it.
Hi, I'm an eclectic fan fiction writer who's been here a long time. I started out writing mostly Harry Potter things, but I've covered numerous fandoms. I write whatever I get inspired to write, and lately, that's Arthur stories. I have a lot of them, and I like focusing on different characters. A thing to remember: I write more for the plot of the story. Do I abuse characters? YES. But I try to make up for it with cute little one-shots
Personal stuff: I'm a 23 year old English-Professional Writing major from Georgia. I've been with my boyfriend, Keith, for 3 years. My hobbies include: writing, CATS [I love cats and pretty much any other cute animal, but cats are almost a hobby for me. I have quite a few of them. PM me if you want details, and video games. My games of choice: PC--Sims 2 and 3, Minecraft. XBOX 360: Skyrim, Fable 2 and 3, Minecraft. Nintendo: Mario games. Writing-wise, my preferred fandom at the moment is ARTHUR and that's about it. I write for a little bit of everything though in various genres. This makes me pretty versatile so I probably could do requests, but my muse keeps me too busy. I seriously have plenty of ideas. Please don't give me more *cries, hides in corner*
Other accounts: [I'll link eventually. I need to work on something else right now so expect links soon]
DeviantArt: SS-Chrys [Arthur centric, ApocalypticAngel4792 [various stuff, and DarkAngelSnapeLover [first account--I'm never on here]
Tumblr: Chrys W
FINAL RANT--I cannot help you with your stories. I don't have time to write my own most of the time, let alone help you write yours. The first time you ask, I'll tell you this again. Second time through maybe the fifth time, I'll just ignore you. If you harass me about it, I'm just going to block you. ALSO, anything before "Time Lost Revamp" is an OLD PIECE. I'm done with them, whether they're finished, editted properly, etc. or not. I'm leaving them up because I like to see how I've improved over the years. And for those of you that flame them, you're cute:3 Seriously, I'm amused by flames. Have fun and thanks for adding to my review count. Have a nice day:D
Another note I need to add here because this has come up lately: It's in your best interest to PRIVATE MESSAGE ME if you think I've broken a rule. I recently received a signed review from someone who thought I broke a rule. 1-I didn't, and 2-They pissed off my followers. You don't want to piss off me or my followers, so it's in your best interest to PM me before posting such nonsense. We can discuss the issue just in case I did break a rule. But seeing that I've been on here like 10 years now, I pretty much know what's allowed. And what they were complaining about was allowed, even in printed published texts by actual people who didn't get sued. So yeah, I know my crap. And I also know how touchy people are. I am only semi-touchy. Some of my friends on the other hand, *cracks up* yeah, you best be watchin' yoself.
ARTHUR COLLABORATION SERIESES
So, I've come up with several collab serieses I'd like to do with my fellow Arthur writers. I have a community here on ff.net and a group on deviantArt to organize the titles. Below is a summary of each series:
Crushed Hearts: pieces based around crushes Arthur characters have on each other. NOTE: The romances don't have to work out, the pairings can be nontraditional, etc. I might do more Buster x Kate pieces for this too [if and when I get the time].
School Days: pieces based around standard school events but for all generations--i.e. I have several ideas of DW's generation in elementary school, the parents in college, etc. The ideas can be dark and center around issues that could effect a school-aged child.
Majoring in Love: Pieces centered around love stories that happen during the characters' college years, be it before Arthur (i.e. a "how my parents met" backstory piece), later in Arthur, etc. As with "Crushed Hearts," the piece doesn't have to work out and can feature nontraditional pairings. BlackNeko20 has a Molly x Kate piece coming up soon.
Slice of Life: Credit for this series goes to BlackNeko20. Basically these are one-shots (but mostly drabbles and poems) where Arthur characters experience everyday moments.
Pieces of any rating will be showcased in the ff.net community and deviantArt group, but pieces without warnings aren't allowed (i.e. character death, gore, rape, explicit sex, gay/lesbian, etc.). My 1 rule about mature pieces: Grow up the kids before they do things they shouldn't. This is paramount on deviantArt, and I will report your stories for child porn if you have them doing things before their time. 16 is my golden age--17 to 18-plus is preferred.
Crossovers are allowed, be they crossovers between serieses or crossovers with other fandoms. Please let people know in the author's notes for your deviantArt pieces [for the fandom, and mention both serieses for those crossovers.
Because this is a collaboration series, writers should be open for continuations of the story by another author and related issues. All of the pieces go back to a common theme, so working together is a great way to help each other out, as well as write some good pieces.
For more info, PM me or talk to me on deviantArt.
I really enjoy doing themed lists to challenge myself. They're all quite long so I'm going to remove them from my profile. I will, however, be placing them on my deviantArt account. Here are links to the lists, complete with what they're for and any rules:
Arthur One-Shot Challenge: RULES: Write a one-shot for the Arthur fandom based on the theme. Crossovers and multiple theme uses are allowed. Also, there are challenges.
Infinite Arthur Theme List Challenge: RULES: Write a piece for each theme. The pieces must be for Arthur--crossovers are allowed. The list is also on-going, so I encourage you to add your own themes. I've also used this list for other fandoms. I created it with Arthur in mind so it doesn't really fit other fandoms, but feel free to use the list however you want. NOTE: I need to format the list as it appears on dA. I'll have to do that another day though.
I've converted my Infinite Arthur Theme List Challenge to use for Rugrats. Here are the themes, plus the 100 I recently added. Feel free to use them how you want, but please give me credit for the list:
1. New teacher, 2. New shoes, 3. New toys, 4. New technology, 5. New hobby, 6. New student, 7. New sibling, 8. New job, 9. New house, 10. New school, 11. New classroom, 12. New grade, 13. New car, 14. New wardrobe, 15. New haircut, 16. Personality changes, 17. Growth spurt
18. Winter, 19. Summer, 20. Fall/Autumn, 21. Spring, 22. Colder, 23. Hotter, 24. Allergies, 25. Sniffles, 26. Sun burn
27. Friendship crisis, 28. Family crisis, 29. Pet problems, 30. Car wreck, 31. Accident, 32. Death in the family, 33. National issue, 34. Holiday crisis, 35. Health problems, 36. Nightmare, 37. Kidnapped
38. Melody, 39. Jam session, 40. Making music, 41. Concert, 42. Instrument (pick an instrument)
43. Playing in the rain, 44. Trampoline, 45. Hopscotch, 46. Waterpark, 47. Beach, 48. Vacation, 49. Train trip, 50. Zoo trip, 51. Old toys, 52. Video game, 53. Comic book, 54. Internet fun
55. Betrayal, 56. Jealousy, 57. Feeling blue, 58. Fear, 59. Invisible, 60. Happiness, 61. Surprised, 62. Angry, 63. Hate, 64. Love, 65. Discouraged
66. Breakfast, 67. Lunch, 68. Dinner, 69. Feast, 70. Snack time, 71. Crazy combo, 72. Trying something new
73. Favorite color, 74. Favorite food, 75. Best friends, 76. Favorite show, 77. Favorite toy
78. History lesson, 79. Foreign language, 80. Chalk, 81. Science project, 82. Field trip, 83. Leadership, 84. Cooperation, 85. Understanding, 86. Learning to drive, 87. Library trip, 88. Traveling, 89. Painting, 90. Gym class, 91. Exams, 92. Pop quizzes, 93. School project, 94. Research paper
95. Baseball, 96. Softball, 97. Football, 98. Soccer, 99. Badminton, 100. Tennis, 101. Swimming, 102. Gymnastics, 103. Winning, 104. Losing, 105. Sportsmanship, 106. Injured, 107. Training
108. Nursery school, 109. Kiddie table, 110. Sandbox, 111. Grandparents, 112. Ancestors, 113. Home town history
114. All grown up, 115. I wish…, 116. Dream come true, 117. Prom, 118. High school, 119. College, 120. Marriage, 121. Divorce, 122. Death, 123. Having kids
124. Christmas, 125. Birthday, 126. In memorandum, 127. Thanksgiving, 128. Halloween, 129. Anniversary, 130. Fall festival, 131. Religious holiday
132. Meeting a celebrity, 133. Meeting an athlete, 134. Wedding day, 135. The big game, 136. Birth, 137. Funeral, 138. Historic anniversary, 139. Baby animals!, 140. Sleepover, 141. Party
142. Luxury items, 143. Food court, 144. Trying something new, 145. Last-minute gift, 146. Jewelry, 147. Shopping nightmare, 148. Fashion nightmare
Nature and Weather
149. Leaves, 150. Flowers, 151. Garden, 152. Yard work, 153. Sunny, 154. Stormy, 155. Rainy, 156. Windy, 157. Cloudy, 158. Country trip, 159. Stargazing
160. Aliens, 161. Spaceships, 162. Other world, 163. New planet, 164. Abducted by aliens, 165. Space junk, 166. Apocalypse, 167. Space colony
168. Crushed!, 169. Perfect date, 170. Perfect gift, 171. Cuddling, 172. Candlelight dinner, 173. Honeymoon, 174. Disaster date, 175. Rejection, 176. Cheating, 177. Soul mates
178. Who done it?, 179. Missing, 180. Stolen, 181. Vandalism, 182. Stalking, 183. Violent crime (please rate the piece accordingly!), 184. The perfect crime, 185. Solved
186. Heartbroken, 187. Ended friendship, 188. Pulled apart, 189. Long distance relationship, 190. Sisterhood, 191. Brotherhood, 192. Broken promises, 193. Reunion
194. High-speed chase, 195. Crime spree, 196. Fire!, 197. Natural disaster, 198. Shootout, 199. Super heroic, 200. Super powers
My Themes: Add any theme you wish to the end of this list. Continue numbering, starting at 201.
201. First Date, 202. First Impression, 203. First Love, 204. First Heartbreak, 205. First Job, 206. First Home, 207. First Death, 208. First Fight, 209. First Special Event, 210. First Car
211. Traffic Jam, 212. Construction, 213. Pile-up, 214. Train Crossing, 215. Pedestrian Problems, 216. Breakdown, 217. Commute Commotion
Room by Room
218. Bathroom, 219. Bedroom, 220. Laundry Room, 221. Garage, 222. Flooded!, 223. Kitchen, 224. Living Room, 225. Basement, 226. Man Cave, 227. Kids’ Room, 228. Dining Room, 229. Closet
230. Red, 231. Blue, 232. Green, 233. Purple, 234. Brown, 235. Black, 236. Gold, 237. Silver, 238. White, 239. Pink, 240. Yellow, 241. Orange, 242. Rainbow, 243. Tan, 244. Turquoise, 245. Faded
Special School Event
246. Graduation, 247. Homecoming, 248. Assembly, 249. Fight!, 250. Fire Drill, 251. Tornado Drill, 252. Intruder!, 253. Award Ceremony, 254. First Day, 255. Last Day
Seven Deadly Sins
256. Lust, 257. Wrath, 258. Sloth, 259. Envy, 260. Greed, 261. Gluttony, 262. Pride,
263. Obsession, 264. Addiction, 265. Starvation, 266. Madness, 267. Pain, 268. Denial, 269. Shame, 270. Blame
271. Jurassic, 272. New Millennium, 273. Jet Pack, 274. Flying Cars, 275. Cavemen, 276. History in the Making, 277. Future Self, 278. Past Self, 279. Time Machine, 280. Time Capsule
Destinations and Travel
281. Island, 282. Mountains, 283. Lake, 284. National Park, 285. Foreign Country, 286. Hometown, 287. Capital City, 288. Resort, 289. Museum, 290. Tourist Attraction, 291. Airport, 292. Seaport, 293. Train Station, 294. Layover, 295. Cancelled!
296. Grocery Shopping, 297. Bills, 298. Clean up, 299. Waiting Room, 300. Early Bedtime
Other things I need to mention:
--I am still writing for the Arthur fandom, and I don't plan to stop. I have a million unfinished projects, but at the moment, those will probably stay unfinished. My muse is being a bit of a hardbum and I have to go wherever she takes me. PM me if you want to know about my latest projects or find me on deviantArt.
--I still love all of the people in the Arthur fandom (minus anyone associated with Travis). If you want to talk, PM me and I'll get back to you eventually. And if you've PM'd me lately and I haven't responded, feel free to remind me to get off my butt and reply to you. You ARE important and you SHOULD let me know. I won't do the same to you guys because I don't want to be a nag, but yeah, feel free to give me a good Gibbs slap to the back of the head if you want a response.
--This fandom needs to support each other. Lately anyone who posts gets practically ignored, and we need to stop doing that. Review your fellow writers and let them know what you think of their piece, even if it's only a few words. Don't let Travis and his smut puppets take over this fandom. Also, keep reporting the things you don't want to see here. This is OUR fandom, and if we don't start taking care of it by removing what we don't want and supporting what we do, this place will be on the Red Eye to Dumpsville. I'm working out how to beef up reviews on what we want to see. Give me some more time and we'll work it out.
--I fully believe no admins care, however, so if you want my support in reporting users, yeah, that doesn't work. We've tried. I do what I can but why should I join anyone's crusades? There's no point.
INFO ON "NOT DONE YET"
So I started this piece not too long ago, and I've posted what I have to the site. You see, I started working on an original piece that I expect to be a large project (possibly a series or at least a trilogy. We'll see what happens), and I decided that Not Done Yet could wait. Its structure makes it easy for me to jump in and out of it, and I'm happy to admit I am still working on the piece despite what I said (I just couldn't stay away from it). So I'm working on it, but I'm going to keep the piece on hiatus here indefinitely while I flesh it out, work out the kinks, and hopefully write enough to give Sophomore Sorrows a run for its money.
INFO ON MY DISASTERS SERIES
So this is my latest endeavor, writing apocalypse pieces for my favorite fandom. I don't know how many I'll do, how long they'll be, or how dark they'll get, but I'm having fun writing them so far. Current entries:
Rising Waters: an epic flood consumes much of Elwood City
Outbreak: a flu spreads across the globe, killing thousands
Ash: Yellowstone's supervolcano explodes and chokes the world's atmosphere with ash
Starved: several recalls and bad harvests at once cause widespread famine
Through The Storm: an epic storm system forms that sweeps the country, causing the largest tornadoes in recorded history and flooding. NOTE: The kids are at camp in Canada and don't go through the storm directly because I'm not THAT heartless (yet)
Long Lost Bomb: a nuke is discovered in an untimely way beneath Elwood City. Based on semi-true happenings; see my author's note for more info.
Impact (coming soon): A large asteroid is heading towards the planet in my first futurefic of the series. Revolves around 40-yr-old Brain, Buster, and Francine, plus Catherine.
Stroke of Genius (in progress): A lot of people around Elwood City have debilitating strokes, and Kate (age 18) notices the pattern. With the help of adults Arthur and Brain, they'll have to figure out thus medical mystery. Apocalypse type: mass poisoning. I plan to do another one with food later in the series.
Outbreak 2: (no relation to the first Outbreak) A waterborne parasite causes major problems throughout the country.
Invasion: Aliens invade Elwood City, and while you think Buster would be excited about this, he's not. No one is.
Any ideas would be much appreciated, and if you want to discuss the pieces, feel free. Also, the links are to the stories on WordPress. Most of them are complete, and some of them are already there when they're not here, so be sure to check them out.
UPDATE: I'm not updating these here. Just no. If you want these pieces, follow the links where they're available. Each one will take you to the first chapter and you can search the title for the other chapters. I might update later if people are nice enough but this place is a buzzkill and I'd rather just leave you hanging than deal with this place anymore.
Upcoming Rugrats stories:
This is my new fandom of choice because Arthur is a pile of rotten turnips. Here are some upcoming pieces I plan on doing for Rugrats:
Stu TV: Stu hits it big with an invention that cooks eggs perfectly, and with fame comes reality television. Because of how close their families are, Stu convinces the others to let the cameras in, not realizing there will be bitter consequences. This is a drama-filled tragedy that will not end well. Can Stu practice good damage control? This piece is incomplete and won't be posted until I'm done.
One-shots: So I've converted my Infinite Theme List (see above) to work for Rugrats and I've done several one-shots. Some are typed but expect periodic updates. Below is a list of what I've posted already:
Crushed Attitude: Chuckie starts having a bad attitude with his friends, and Tommy wants answers. When they find out the grade's raging Goth is responsible, they wonder if they can fix it. NOTE: The raging Goth is named Janet and I plan on using her more in the future:)
In the Band: Angelica is picked by a classmate who's into her to be the lead singer for their band, Banshee. When they discover she sings worse than a banshee, they want her out. Can the guy who asked her in kick her out without ending his chances?
NEWER UPDATE: The trilogy has sequels!D Thanks to Celrock for the idea. Here are the pieces with links (except for the ones I haven't posted yet):
More sequels: 4. Insight, 5. Could It Be, 6. Meet The Parents
First Born: Tommy reminisces after picking up his childhood toys from his mother days after having his first child.
Love Potion: Angelica peeks at her mom's soap opera and comes up with a theory that adults need love potions to keep their relationships alive. After watching her parents dump their in the sink, she wonders if they'll stop being her parents. She'd be upset if her parents didn't say that Tommy's parents stopped drinking to. Can she hold this info over Tommy the "dumb baby" or will he school her in these so-called potions?
|Focus:||Books Harry Potter|