Author has written 15 stories for Strawberry Panic!, Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya series, K-ON!/けいおん！, and Higurashi/Umineko series.
What's up, everybody?
So yeah, I'm in college now, and the work and stuff's kicking my butt. I am working on an update for Recording. Don't expect it any time soon, though. The next update's supposed to be about how Mugi's parents met, and Mugi's childhood and what not.
Here's the link to my FP profile: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/774797/ Subscribe to updates and stuff.
1. Perfect? Hardly. Who is?
2. Tall? Ohh, hell no!! lol Why do you think Taiga from Toradora and Taneshima from Working!! are my favorite anime characters?
3. In your pajamas? No. T shirt and shorts.
4. Left handed? No. Mixed-handed.
1. Number: 28. My birthday's November 28.
2. Color(s): Blue and purple.
3. Fruit: Apples.
4. Place: Libraries.
1. Are you missing someone right now? My sisters.
2. Are you happy? Yes.
3. Are you sad? Not really.
4. Are you bored? Kinda.
5. Are you nervous? A little. I'm going off to college this fall.
6. Are you tired? No.
1. Real name? Bridget.
2. Nick names? Kitten, Catnip, Shortstack, Volcano Head, Beezy, and of course Chiharu.
3. Eye color? Hazel.
4. Zodiac sign? Western: Sagittarius. Eastern - Yearly: Ram; Monthly: forgot; Hourly: Tiger
5. Male or female? Female.
6. Slut? Only when I write.
7. Smart? I like to think so. My grades in high school would disagree with me, tho'.
8. Hair color? Brown.
9. Long or short? Short.
10. Sweats or Jeans? Jeans.
11. Phone or Camera? Camera.
12. Drink or Smoke? Drink. Tried smoking once and it nearly destroyed my throat. Maybe I wasn't doing it right.
13. Righty or lefty? Gosh, is this quiz repetitive. Mixed-handed.
1. First best friend? Third grade. We met when I transferred schools.
2. First crush? Eighth grade. Embarrassing, heart-breaking story I'd rather not tell now. If you're lucky maybe it'll show up in a fic.
3. First pet? A guinea pig named Wilbur. My dad got rid of him and told me he'd gone on vacation.
4. First big vacation? Sleeping Bear Dunes...I think that's in Michigan. For my family, that's a big vacation.
1. Eating? Nada.
2. Drinking? Zilch.
3. I'm about to: Press another key on this keyboard.
4. Listening to? My thoughts.
5. Plans for today? Call my sister and make plans to go out for ice cream.
WHICH IS BETTER WITH THE ATTRACTED SEX?
1. Shorter or taller? Taller. Kinda no choice, really: everybody's taller than me!
2. Romantic or spontaneous? A little of both.
3. Sensitive or loud? Loud.
4. Hook-up or relationship? Relationship.
HAVE YOU EVER:
1. Drank bubbles? Not since I was five.
2. Lost glasses/contacts? No.
3. Ran away from home? Nope.
4. Broken someone's heart? Uh-uh.
5. Been arrested? Naw.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
2. Yourself? Yes, I always do, even when the odds are set against me.
3. Heaven? Ehh...I believe in an afterlife, but I don't know if I believe in "heaven" necessarily.
4. Santa Claus? I did until first grade, when my teacher told me he doesn't exist. She was a wonderful woman, wasn't she?
4. Love? Erm, love's not a belief-system, people. lol NO!! I'M A LOVE ATHEIST!!!
5. Do you like someone? No, I don't like someone. I LOVE someone.
6. Do you believe in God? No.Honestly, if I still believed in God I'd believe in Santa Claus, too. But if you believe in God, that's just fine by me.
7. Answered the truth on all questions? Yes, all of them...except this one.
Found an anime quiz on YouTube. Since my mic and video-editing software are currently unavailable to me I'll post the answers here.
2. How old were you when you started watching anime?
16. Yeah, I know, late bloomer.
3. What sparked your interest in anime?
Yuri. Yeah, honestly. I used to think anime fans were all freaks. This was due largely to getting verbally beheaded by a Naruto fangirl when I told her she'd never be married to Sasuke because he is a 2-D character on a screen. Then I met this girl my junior year in high school who used to go on and on and on about how awesomesauce yaoi is. I asked her if there was such thing as a lesbian equivalent to the genre, and she told me yes, the genre was called yuri. I Wiki'd it, found some series to watch, I eventually branched out and watched stuff that wasn't yuri (but for some reason was promoted as yuri, such as Lucky Star), my tastes broadened, and so here I am.
4. What was the first anime you watched?
5. Does that anime have a special place in your heart?
Yeah, actually. I still think it's the best the yuri genre has (which isn't saying much, considering how crappy most yuri anime is). In comparison to all the anime I've watched, it's pretty cruddy, though I suppose it's sentimentality that keeps me coming back to watch it once a year.
6. What are your favorite anime?
Strawberry Panic!, Kannazuki no Miko, Toradora!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, K-ON!, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Rozen Maiden, Lucky Star, Gravitation, Welcome to the NHK, Working!!, Haibane Renmei.
7. What's your favorite animation studio?
Kyoto Animation. Their best, I think, was Haruhi (I don't think there was ever one still frame in that anime).
8. Least favorite anime?
Venus Versus Virus, Clannad, Zero no Tsukaima, Negima, Rosario to Vampire.
9. Name some anime you think is overrated.
Keep in mind "overrated" is not synonymous with "terrible," and that some of my favorite anime are overrated in my opinion. Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad, K-ON!, Rosario to Vampire, Bleach, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, and Naruto.
10. Flat-out worst anime experience?
Hmm, Venus Versus Virus and Zero no Tsukaima are vying for this position. Okay, to get to the point, I hated VVV mainly for its ending. It was okay before they did one of those fake-out it-all-never-really-happened endings.
11. Top 5 anime characters?
Taiga from Toradora, Ami from Toradora, Azusa from K-ON!, Taneshima from Working!!, Yamazaki from Welcome to the NHK.
12. Favorite genre?
My guilty pleasure is comedy.
13. Do you watch anime by yourself or with other people?
By myself, mostly. Sometimes I watch it with my wife. I actually got my whole family to watch Starwberry Panic! with me once.
14. Favorite voice actors?
In Japanese: Rie Kugimiya. In English: Crispin Freeman.
15. Subs or dubs?
Either. I end up watching anime both ways, really. I find usually the quality of a dub owes a great deal to the quality of the anime itself.
16. Do you follow anime review sites?
No. I follow anime reviewers on YouTube, though. I'm subscribed to TheAnimeOverviewer, JesuOtaku, gigguk, the Anti-Viewer, and amyrat151.
17. Have you ever been to an anime convention?
I went to Acen recently.
18. Have you ever dressed up as an anime character?
19. Favorite soundtracks?
As far as score goes, I really like Strawberry Panic!'s OST. As far as lyrical stuff goes (themes, insert songs, character images), I like the music from Haruhi and K-ON!
20. What do you like about anime?
It's otherness, I guess. It's really hard to explain, but Japanese culture really does seep through in manga and anime. I know Japan's borrowed from the U.S. in terms of its style in story-telling and such, but the interior rooms and the architecture of buildings are still so very different from the sort you'd find in western stuff. Manga is different from western graphic novels, but not necessarily better. No manga series is better than Watchmen.
It seems that for my K-ON! fic, Recording, there's an abundance of OCs, which can get a little confusing. For your convenience, I'm posting some profiles for them.
Name: Nagi Tokudaiji
Birthday: February 28
Hair: reddish-brown, short, sort of fluffs up at the front.
Eyes: Blue, wears glasses
Personality: Sneaky, picky, analytical, observant, very changeable and yielding under threatening circumstances.
Notes: Teaches psychology and sociology at Sakuragaoka. A very strict teacher, though apparently he's been involved in some shady business (to be revealed in a later chapter). He knows Sawako and Mugi are dating, and has threatened on multiple occasions to reveal Sawako's relationship to the Headmistress. Originally created as a foil for Sawako, but now he's become a foil for pretty much everybody XD
Likes: Mio, Ritsu, Mugi, Yui, pretty much all his students (it's not like he openly, vehemently hates any students), complacent parents.
Dislikes: His job, his coworkers (particularly one Yamanaka-sensei), his parents, a lot of things. Possibly everything.
Name: Chiharu Yamoto
Birthday: September 7
Hair: ash-brown, short pixie style
Eyes: green, hooded
Personality: Quiet, hardworking, impatient, reasons more on a logical and ethical plane than emotional, philosophical.
Notes: Attended Torimizu Primary with Mio and Ritsu, but for some reason does not attend Sakuragaoka. Very skilled and passionate about music, she learned the piano at age 10 and the guitar at age 12. She is ambidextrous.
Likes: Music, reading, her girlfriend
Dislikes: Lying, incompetency, discrimination
Name: Mrs. Abe (she's never getting a first name, it'll ruin her character)
Birthday: May 27
Hair: white, short and curly
Eyes: Brown, small and beady, wears glasses
Personality: Bold, caring, stubborn, old-fashioned
Notes: Teaches 1st grade at Torimizu Primary. Was Mio, Ritsu, and Chiharu's first grade teacher. Tends to use backward speech and big synonyms for simple words (example: uses the word "sinistromanuel" in place of "lefty").
Likes: Obedient children, teaching, writing
Dislikes: Lechery, any of the seven deadly sins, anything to do with the left side.
Name: Holt Kotobuki
Birthday: June 23
Hair: White, very short, receding a bit
Eyes: Blue, hooded (yes, he has the eyebrows)
Personality: Eccentric, sympathetic, shy
Notes: Mugi's father. Divorced his wife when he was 60. Tends to travel quite a bit, used to be a ladies man (might still be, who knows). Like his daughter, he's pretty mysterious.
Likes: Drinking, having things his way, Mugi, buying stocks on the rise
Dislikes: Mainstream music, his ex-wife, having butlers interfere with personal or family relationships.
Name: Hitomi Fujusegawa
Birthday: December 28
Hair: Brown, long, tied into a ponytail
Eyes: Blue, slanted, wears glasses
Personality: Polite, cheerful, talkative
Notes: Chiharu's girlfriend and the guitarist for their band, Terror Firma. Hails from Kyoto, and talks with a very thick Kansai accent. Ritsu calls her "aneego," a derogatory slur against Kansai natives and also a way for yakuza to refer to a sister of the mob.
Likes: Chiharu, Terror Firma, shrines and temples, Mio, Mugi, Yui, Azusa
Dislikes: Rudeness, Ritsu, American pop music
Name: Asumi Yamanaka
Birthday: December 4
Hair: Brown with blonde high-lights. Spiky and medium-length.
Eyes: Hazel. Wears plastic-frame glasses.
Personality: Outspoken, stubborn, unusual, sensitive
Notes: Sawako's cousin. Born and raised in Nara. Currently resides in Yokohama, in her lesbian bar Hair. Is regarded as the lesbian ladykiller by Sawako...but who is she engaged to?!
Likes: Drinking, concerts, cute high school girls, partying
Dislikes: Dischord, arguments, prudish girls, boys
Name: Mitsuki Nakano
Birthday: March 10
Hair: Very dark brown, straight, shoulder-length
Personality: Very laid-back and has a great sense of humor, strict as a parent, nosy
Notes: Azusa's mother. Went to high school and college with her husband. Gave up grad school to have Azusa. Shows a great amount of interest in Azusa's love life.
Likes: Her husband, Azusa, jazz music, classic rock
Dislikes: Disorder, clutter, dentists
Name: Hikaru Nakano
Birthday: April 1
Hair: Black, short, combed into a cowlick
Personality: Shy, nervous, meticulous and painstaking
Notes: Azusa's father. Learned guitar when he was seven. Played it for high school jazz band. Studied music history and technology in college. Interested and concerned about Azusa's love life, but like any sane father he does not need to know every detail.
Likes: Music, Mitsuki, Azusa, country rock music like Neil Young, naps
Dislikes: Irresponsibility, broken promises, people who think they're better just because they're older.
Name: Kanako Tainaka
Birthday: October 14
Hair: Very dark brown, shoulder-length
Personality: Silly but sensible, dry and sarcastic sense of humor, outgoing, has a deep-rooted sense of family.
Notes: Ritsu's mother. Studied philosophy for a year in college before she dropped out. Works in a restaurant. Met her husband, Shoutaro, in high school.
Likes: Her family, Stephen King novels, fairness, ramen.
Dislikes: Discrimination, injustice, lies.
...That's pretty much the ones you have to know so far. I'll put more up as they appear in the story.