READERS AND WRITERS OF FANFICTION, IT IS TIME WE TOOK A STAND AGAINST THE CYBER BULLIES OF THIS SITE AND EVERY OTHER WEBSITE OUT THERE. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE INNER STRENGTH TO STAND UP TO THE BULLIES THEN USE MINE, OR YOUR HERO'S, REAL OR MADE UP, USE YOUR MUMS OR YOUR DADS OR YOU ROLE MODEL'S. IF WE DON'T ALLOW THEM TO BULLY US THEN THEY AREN'T BULLIES ANY MORE. IT IS TIME FOR US TO STAND UP AND SAY.
"NO MORE BULLYING, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND IT'S TIME TO STOP THE BULLIES OF THE WORLD."
IF YOU ARE AGAINST BULLIES OF ANY KIND, THEN PUT THIS ON YOUR PROFILE ON FANFICTION OR FACEBOOK OR TWEET IT OR PUT IT ON YOUTUBE OR EVEN THE FORGOTTEN BEBO PUT IT WHERE PEOPLE WILL SEE IT AND LET THE BULLIES KNOW THAT WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THEM ANYMORE.
NO LONGER WILL WE BE VICTIMS, FROM NOW ON WE WILL BE WINNERS AS WE WIN THE WAR AGAINST THE BULLIES.
THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS ON YOUR PROFILES,
DAVID BRIAN CARTWRIGHT AKA LORD CARTWRIGHT
Aw aw aw aw
"Potter men prefer redheads" is one quote often found in HP fics, but only Harry and James married redheads as far as cannon mentions. Dorea who married Charlus Potter was a blonde.
The great thing about Harry Potter/NCIS XOVERS is you do not really need to tweak the time line. Unless it's Harry/Gibbs. Cannon wise Ziva is younger than Harry (HP 1980 ZD 1982).
I HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER TELL AN FF AUTHOR HOW TO WRITE HIS OR HER STORY, BUT I WILL COMMENT ON WHAT I LIKE AND DISLIKE.
Another problem I have with fanfiction is how Harry never changes personality-wise no matter how his childhood is changed or how he is sorted. I also hate when Ron just hates all Slytherins, while his grandmother was a Slytherin. Again, I always wondered how Harry never asked Ron more about how Ron could hate Slytherins while his family acted towards their Squib relative the same way the Dursleys acted towards Harry, and I can live with Ron hating Slytherins in the first years, but then later on meeting people like Andromeda Black who was also a Slytherin, he still hates them all.
Another thing: How could Walburga decide anything about the Black Family? She was not head of the family, neither was her husband, since her father-in-law, Arcturus Black was still alive. He did not die until 1991, whereas Orion died in 1979 and Walburga in 1985. So Arcturus would be the head and he could have chosen someone from his wife's family - The Macmillans.
All people are different with different world views, religious views etc. Some of us live in countries with free speech and right to think whatever we want. I might not agree with everyone and not everyone agrees with me, but let us still be civil to each other :-)
Info about US and UK males height.
Harry's height in ff?
5'7" at age 16 is okay, he will still grow and the average height for men in the US AND in the UK is 5'10" and in the US this has been so since the 1950s (for some reason it is stagnant).
Harry is british, and a british study (from The Lancet) says that the average 16 year old british MALE is 5'7" and weights 132 lbs.
In cannon we know that Harry was abused (Living in a Cupboard, bars on the windows, frying pan thrown at him etc). I would like to see a realistic Harry written.
* An abused child is suspicious, has trouble trusting authority figures, and I think would have dropped Ron soon after seeing how treacherous he was. I think that after 11 years of being a social outcast Harry would be made of sterner stuff, he would be able to accept life as a loner, being rejected by his classmates, even if it would have hurt. He would be more cynical, more judgmental. Less trusting of his secrets and not so open with Hermione and Ron. Also Hermione, the way she worshiped authority figures, I think they would have clashed.
I think life as a social outcast before Hogwarts would have allowed Harry the time to study the cliques, and to know that friendship can often be shallow.
I just see it as unrealistic that Harry that lived the life of an urchin, after discovering he had a vault of gold did not try to escape the Dursley's or wonder why someone else had his vault key. I think that would have been suspicious, or why Harry did not try to find out all he could about the Wizarding World when he got there. In "muggle" school they should have covered child abuse, why didn't he ever escape? If he did not think he could escape before, why did he not escape afterward? Just frankly find it odd. Those child abuse cases that were like Harry's did not merely stop at the verbal, if Harry was held in a cupboard, and given scraps, I'm sure the abuse was physical as well. Malnutrition, scurvy from a lack of vitamins, and rickets should all be seen. No, I can't see a child voluntarily staying in that situation, or staying with Ron and Hermione. I think he would have sought out Neville as a fellow abused child and one who also has a quiet and non-judgmental disposition. And not have trusted Dumbledore. As if an abused child would believe a wide smile and empty promises, that just sounds phony.
I wish that more HP fanfic authors would actually read the books, and not only watch the movies - I would like to see them remember, that Beauxbatons was a girls AND boys school, just as Durmstrang and Hogwarts. It seems that people have forgotten that the book version of GoF actually mentions male Beauxbatons - like the boy asking Parvati to dance - it also mentions female durmstrangs.
HP FANFIC - NAMES
I love Harry Potter, not so much the last 3 novels for the simple reason that the characters became rather OCC, but the first 4 where beautifully written, and Voldemort was actually somewhat scary and competent. Because of this "hate" towards the last three novels I searched the web and found Fanfiction, and have loved and still love reading the stories that are great.
But, there are somethings that annoy me, and that is the name that some authors come up with. I agree with the authors who say it is their prerogative to change the names of the characters to fit their story, but then it is also my prerogative to download these stories and change the names back to what Rowling wanted them to be.
1) Harry Potter, born Harry James Potter - not Hadrian, Henry or Harrison, just plain and simple Harry. If you need to give him a longer name, than in the UK and most of Europe Harry is short form of Henry. I can live with Hadrian or Henry - but Harrison is too american. (not that I have anything against America, but Potter is BRITISH).
2) Ginny Weasley, born Ginevra Molly Weasley, where Virginia comes from, no idea, but I will always change it back.
3) Hermione JEAN Granger, not Jane. (I know Rowling changed it to Jean after OotP).
4) Voldemort, was born TOM Marvolo Riddle, his father was born TOM Riddle (— ), and his grandparents were Thomas Riddle ( – ) and Mary Riddle ( - ). - Yes, Tom can be a short form of Thomas, but according to Rowling Tom Marvel Riddle is his name. The rest can be seen in the Grave Yard scene in Goblet of Fire. Marvolo, comes from his maternel Grandfater Marvolo Gaunt.
5) Draco Malfoy, born Draco Lucius Malfoy (http :// harrypotter .wikia .com /wiki /File :Draco_Lucius_Malfoy. jpg) named after the constellation. So no, his name is NOT Draconis.
PLEASE USE THIS:
I hate to see people just writing something that sounds cool when they write about Harry inheritance from his parents or Sirius... like in one fic Harry got 500.000.000 million Galleons from Sirius, which is about £2.500.000.000 - and I doubt that Sirius had so much money. Hell according to Forbes Fictional 15, Lucius Malfoy has 1.3 Billion US Dollar or approx. 129 mio Galleons. So please be realistic.
Name: Joshua Christensen
1) I support Gay Marriage (Since I want one).
2) I support Abortion
3) I support Legal Marijuana
My wand on Pottermore: Beech, Dragon Core, Unbending, 12 1/2 inches
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||Ending in death|
|Focus:||Books Harry Potter|