Author has written 3 stories for Naruto, Teen Titans, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
I suppose I should tell you about myself:
1. My name is Graham Garrett, but you probably figured that out already.
2. I turned 20 on October 22, but I plan on never ever ever growing out of anime.
3. Some of the anime (Japanese or American) shows I especially like are Naruto, Bleach, Digimon and Avatar: The Last Airbender. I also like Teen Titans, The Secret Saturdays, and many other shows. A special favorite of mine is the hidden gem "Hunter X Hunter"
4. I have wanted to write since I first started reading at five or six (Maybe earlier, but those memories are a little fuzzy).
5. I started trying to write when I was seven.
6. I like to think of myself as pretty good but I'm open to constructive criticism as opposed to flames.
7. In Naruto I ship NaruHina, SakuLee (not because I don't like Sasuke or Sakura, only because Sasuke has no thoughts for women even after he achieves his goal and there is some evidence. Of course, it might just be because Lee's so funny.), NejiTen and ShikaTema. However, I am also perfectly open to InoShika
8. In Bleach I ship Ichigo with anyone who isn't Matsumoto, and that's all. Oh, and it has to be a girl. If I had to choose a single girl for him, it would probably be Rukia, because Orihime is so weak-willed that he would trample all over her in a domestic squabble. Not as in wishy-washy, but in that she would do anything he told her too no matter how much she didn't want to without complaint. Rukia's interaction is more like an equal.
9. In Avatar - The Last Airbender I ship the canon pairings.
10. In Digimon I ship Taiora, respect Sorato, mostly ship Takari, partly ship Mimato, and accept Kenyako easily. Sorry, I mean I respect those that like Sorato; Sorato itself, on the other hand, well... When I start to fucking swear, I don't stop.
11. As a warning to angst-lovers, NO MATTER HOW GLOOMY MY STORIES MAY GET, I CAN'T RESIST HAPPY ENDINGS. If my "ending" isn't happy, you can bank on my eventually returning to finish it off.
12. I am a rabid hater of tragedy and horror. Now my stories may get tragic at times, and some of my concepts might be a little horrific, but true Tragedy is a story in which no one sympathetic survives, and if you're the main character then you can be a total ass and still die. Seriously, look at the word: tragedy. It's an outgrowth of the word Tragic. What does "tragic" mean? "Regrettably serious or unpleasant." Come on, people, is ENTERTAINMENT supposed to be UNPLEASANT? God save my immortal soul...and while you're at it, you might want to take a bar of soap to those mortal ones over there.
13. I am a confirmed agnostic, but I respect others' beliefs. However, this does not prevent me from using religion to prove a point, or to use one of the dozens of names for the same hypothetical being in vain. If I offend you, then I'm sorry, but I'll tell you now that you can't change me, by God!
14. In the Chinese zodiac, I was born in the year of the Horse, the month of the Dog and the hour of the Rooster. The Horse is traditionally represented by fire, the Dog is traditionally represented by metal, and the Rooster is also traditionally represented by metal. However, I was born in the year of the Metal Horse, the month of the Earth Dog, and the hour of the just-plain Rooster as elements aren't used by the Chinese for the hours.
15. In addition to Anime, Cartoons, Comics, Movies and Books, I'm obsessed with cultures...especially the zodiac.
My top five favorite characters in Naruto are:
5. Kakashi, Gai, Kurenai, Asuma and Iruka.
(Yes I know there's five way ties here, but I really like them all.)
My least favorite parts of Naruto:
3. Naruto's attempts to make himself appear stupid: he does well enough without trying. What he needs to do is stop pretending.
2. "Hells Yeah!"
My top five favorite characters in Bleach:
5. The group which rescues Ichigo's group in the Invade Hueco Mundo Arc/Urahara Kisuke
4. Amagai Shuusuke
3. Neliel Tu Oderschvank/ Grimjou Jaegerjacques (pretty psychotic names, but awesome characters)
2. Kurosaki Ichigo/Shihouen Yoruichi/Byakuya Rukia
1. Hitsugaya Toushiro/Kurosaki Karin/Hanakari Jinta (but not Hitsugaya and Karin as a couple. Blech.)
My least favorite parts of Bleach:
3. Not seeing what Kenpachi's second in command, Yachiru, can do yet.
2. Kurotsuchi Mayuri's sick sense of humor (he's still awesome though, in a mad scientist/vampire/pharaoh sort of way)
1. All the scenes which shamelessly embarrass an otherwise sympathetic character.
0. (Yes, there's something I consider a zero I hate it so much, but please remember this is only my opinion) Kon. His only real use is supposed to happen off-screen.
My favorite characters in Digimon (Seasons 1 and 2) are:
5. Gennai (except for his "I'm too sexy" routine after the digi-vitamins, he's awesome!)
4. Digitamamon (his eggshell "cracks" me up. The crazy accent, the bitchy attitude, the way he finally comes through even if it was for his own ends, all-around silly character.)
2. Sora/Tai (they're always together, even when not being referred to as a couple!)
My least favorite parts about Digimon (Seasons 1 and 2):
3. Gennai's clones (at least give them some physical differences.)
2. Most of season one's outfits.
1. The fact that those seasons ended.
My favorite characters in Avatar:
4. Aang/Toph (but not as a couple)
3. Zuko/Sokka (for those who are curious, I'm a rabid hater of Yaoi and Yuri. Same sex couples make me throw up. But, to each their own) I had a field day when "The Boiling Rock" aired:
Sokka: "My first girlfriend turned into the moon."
Zuko: "That's rough, buddy."
0. MONKEY FEATHERS!
My least favorite aspects of Avatar:
3. The fact that there are no subsets of Airbending.
2. The Avatar Day episode
1. The Ember Island Players episode
In Teen Titans (the cartoon) my favorite characters are:
5. Red X
3. Cole and Gnaark
1. Beast Boy
My least favorite aspects of the cartoon are:
3. Rabid Fans (though this really applies no matter what we're talking about)
2. The fact that they don't go anywhere near as deeply into relationships outside RobStar as the comics do.
1. The fact that the farthest they go with Beast Boy's powers is dinosaurs...even worse, they include Pteranodon in that description!
I am also a fan of Transformers Animated, and am a fervent believer that Sari is the best thing to happen to that franchise since Optimus and Megatron. I also support the pairing of Sari and Bumblebee, but can't make any sense out of the people that say G1 is the best iteration ever simply because it's the original. You have to have a reason for that kind of statement, and I've SEEN those episodes.
For those of you who ask "WTF, how can you possibly ship a machine and a human together?" I have a rant for you:
Get your heads OUT of your ASS (yes, I meant both of your heads) and try looking at evidence once in a while. Also, try to remember this VERY...SIMPLE...EQUATION: LOVE DOES NOT EQUAL SEX! Actually, it rarely does: people who love each other and have sex do so to express their love...they don't love people in order to have sex, do they? And finally, if you would please listen for just a little longer, I would like to direct your attention to the MINI-CON WARS. Starscream, old buddy, what kinds of fetishes do you plan on exposing our grade-schoolers to today? Oh, you mean it's NOT a fetish? Then just what is going on between you and Alexis? Yes, we know that you love each other, but what is going ON between you?
Yay! My first rant!
(I was preparing for the future with this rant, as the next story I plan to publish here on FF is a TFA/G1 Fusion that centers on BBxSari...though it has one or two Armada tributes as well...you might even find some references to the Shattered Glass comic, who knows!)
Although I had planned on TFA 2.0 coming out next, my Star Wars: The Clone Wars fanfic, The Tano Trials, has really taken off and became my next installment.
Surprisingly enough, despite my crazy obsession with anime, I like books even more. Especially science fiction, fantasy and westerns. I'm also a huge fan of Dean Koontz.
Here are some quotes I like:
"I only write when I'm inspired. And I see to it that I am inspired by 8:30 every morning." - (A writer whose name I forget)
"Life is a Game" - LRH
more to be put up as soon as I remember!
Here is my views on Fanfiction as something to do: IF I LIKE IT, I WANT TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER; IF I HATE IT, I REALLY WANT TO MAKE IT BETTER
If you are obsessed with BBxRae couple copy this into your profile
If you hate the RobRae couple copy this into your profile
My BBRae Pledge: I, grahamgarrett.powerofanime, hereby promise to write BBRae fics, and will save the fans of this pairing from the horror that is RobRae. I will write diligently to do my best to drown out the many RobRae fics that are being written everyday. I will be a BBRae warrior with my mighty pen as my weapon (because swords are hard to write with), and will fight for my pairing through hardships, RobRae warriors, and the dreaded writers block. Should I ever break this pledge, then may thousands of reviewers flame all my fics and never read them again. (found on shadowfang901's page.)
grahamgarrett.powerofanime out but not down!
Unsafe External Link