Author has written 22 stories for Ed, Edd n Eddy.
Writer, reviewer, bisexistentialist, non-smug hipster, former teenage hand model
First off, I would MAJORLY like to apologise for my dickiness. Because of my whining and begging for reviews, a few research failures, a number of harsh and/or negative reviews of other people's stories and one story (which I later deleted) that dropped more anvils than the 'Laura Bush killed a guy' bit from Family Guy, if I was on somewhere like the 'fan fiction' section of the So Bad It's Horrible page on TV Tropes (before that particular page got deleted), I deserved it. Speaking of Family Guy, I later turned into a sorta 'Brian Griffin-lite' for some reason. To this day, I STILL have no idea why that happened. As a final act of repentance, I'll be including a bit of self-deprecation every now and then. I originally planned to delete all my early stories, but I skipped that idea (instead keeping them up so that readers will get any cheap potshots I make at myself). And one last thing: I wish that "Pierre Tasse" fella still wrote fanfics, I kinda liked him and, to an extent, liked giving him ideas for stories.
Fuck this shit, I'm out.
Don't bring me flowers
:End important message
Things to know:
- I am indeed bi. I'm a guy who has had crushes on guys and girls before. Just remember that before you call me homophobic for disliking your yaoi stories.
- I first came up with Pimpsmasher because whenever I was playing Saints Row 2, I sometimes went around attacking pimps (and other people) in between missions. That - because of how Crazy Awesome the series is - kinda formed the basis of the character. Not to mention I'm a fan of Thirty Hs and Light And Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami which explains why I came up with things like the Flaming Flamesaw of Fire.
- From about late April 2013 to (To be filled in later), there was a huge influx of Kevedd (Edd and Kevin romance) stories and fanart in the EEnE fandom. I called it Keveddpalooza, for obvious reasons. I'm not saying that's the official name, nor am I saying I came up with it; I'm just saying what I'm calling it. Don't worry, I don't understand why either; I doubt there were any Kevedd moments in the show (although whether or not that one scene from From Here to Ed counts is unknown). 2013 could be considered as the EEnE fandom's Dork Age (even though it might not actually be a part of that trope), not because of the Kevedd pairing (as indeed there were stories featuring this pairing were made before this time and weren't complained about), but rather how there were a lot of stories dedicated to this pairing. It wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the fact that a) it went EVERYWHERE, often displacing much better stories (and, inadvertently, probably killing off any future interest of the pairing because of this) and b) nearly all of them felt the same, with the same plots, same clichés, same stereotypes and same Unfortunate Implications. And the less said about that infamous AU!Reverse comic (which I've read and found mediocre at best), the better. Which leads me onto...
- I don't really ship much. The only exceptions are Gunther/Anna (Deus Ex), Doomguy/Samus (from Doom and Metroid respectively) and Eddy/Sarah (Ed, Edd n Eddy). Edd/Marie is a pairing I like, just as long as Edd shows something of a backbone and Marie doesn't acts all weepy or like an arsehole.
- If you're reading one of my stories (Edarchy and onwards) and suddenly there's someone who talks like this, that's me taking a break from narrating and writing the story in general to communicate with the characters. I originally was going to use this for singing (which I might've done in one chapter of Edarchy), but oh well. If I did that, some more re-formatting might be in order.
- I try to respond to every review I get. Replying to my response is nice (considering that you might learn a few more tidbits about the work in question), but it's not necessary.
- I prefer bara (which I've explained in one of my stories and to a few other people) over yaoi. However, if I do write a yaoi story, it'll be riba (where they switch); mostly because that seme/uke crap doesn't interest me. Mostly how it can lead to some very unfortunate implications if done poorly (for example, shoehorning one guy into an abusive jackass and/or another guy into a weeping wimpy wuss just so it could work). After all, you don't need to resort to the same hackneyed plots and unlikable "protagonists"/likable "antagonists" over and over again.
- If I say I "DNF'd" something, it means I've taken a while and [probably] hyped up a story, only to realise it's not as good as I planned (named after, of course, Duke Nukem Forever).
- Plim is the shipping equivalent of The Hunger Games: Incredibly popular despite being incredibly shit. It’s also self-plagiarism, seeing as you can take any Kevedd story (it’s all the same shit, really), replace Kevin and Edd’s names with “Plank” and “Jim” and everyone would treat it as if it was a new story.
These are pretty much dead in the water...Edarchy: A slice-of-life dramedy dealing with the lives of the cast of Ed, Edd n Eddy as adults in 1990s Peach Creek. Updated whenever, although I try to keep up the semimonthly updates. The Christmas special will probably be done for next Christmas. The Keveddarie Saga (it's a pretty crappy saga): Three stories (Who I Am, Who She Is and Who They Were), not to mention a few other fics set in the same 'verse (one of which has been uploaded), dealing with a ménage à trois between Kevin, Edd and Marie (hence the name). It pretty much started as a Take That to Kevedd and, in some ways, it still is. Just a lot more subtle unless you know where to look.
Stories I would've loved to have done:Pimpsmasher stand-alone story: The homicidal, crazy awesome Ensemble Darkhorse from Edarchy gets his own spin-off story. It'll also be the first story I write that isn't EEnE. Release date: Later this year. (I'll probably do this) Perf-Ed Day: Rolf and Gerta go on a double date with Edd and Marie. Might've been linked to Keveddarie or Edarchy, I don't know yet. Ed and Eddy Do Eurovision 2014: Brought back then fizzled out, this episode was Ed and Eddy basically discuss this year's Eurovision. Untitled Edd/Marie story: I try to write a proper shipping story this time. It'll be part Office Space, part It's Such a Beautiful Day and part generic hipster indie romance film (think Perks of Being a Wallflower or Elizabethtown) Release date: Never