Poll: Should I separate Now, Finally, At Last into individual chapters? Vote Now!
Author has written 9 stories for Doctor Who, Sherlock, Alias Smith & Jones, Highlander, CSI: New York, Misc. Movies, Kung Fu: The Legend Continues, Tin Man, and Mentalist.
I guess, after two years since my father's death it's time to update my profile. I've now had three deaths in the family in the space of two short years. I guess as I age I should expect that number to increase seeing as how I'm the youngest of all my cousins and five years younger than my brother who was technically the baby until I came along. I'm five years older than my oldest second cousin. It's not fun being in the age gap. My grandmother outlived all of her relations and sad to say I'll probably suffer the same fate. Sorry for being maudlin.
I am a writer who has yet to be published. Someone recently told me that even though I might not be published, I am still a writer and should own up to the fact. Seeing as that's about all I do these days then a writer I am.
I haven't been giving much attention to my fan fiction of late because I am trying to work on more original stories that I can publish from which I can actually make a profit. That's not to say I don't love fan fiction. I do. That's also not to say I won't continue writing fan fiction, I probably will just not as often as before.
I’ve been writing fan fiction since before I knew what fan fiction was. As I was twelve at the time and I'm going to be thirty-eight this year, I've been writing going on twenty years now. It's about time I get something published don't you think?
I love to write! As I recently read from someone in my same predicament: I can't not write. I must always have a note pad and pencil on me just in case inspiration strikes though I don't always make use of it. It's my security blanket if you will. I panic if I don't have a note pad and pencil within arm’s length.
When I make the time, my other hobbies include, but are not limited to: Sewing and designing my own clothes, Bobbin Lace-making, Architectural drafting, gardening, and cooking.
I still hope to get NQH edited and reposted eventually, once I clear up some of the confusion.
After two years, I also felt it was no longer necessary to post my apology to an offended reader of someone else's story. I finally found the review I left. Though I was agreeing with what the author had said themselves, one of their readers took offence to my comment and really let me have it. I hope I've never been as offensive as that person was and if I have to anyone here, I'm terribly sorry. I intend to watch my words even more from now on. No one should be that rude, even if they felt it was justified. I include myself in that and aim to change my ways henceforth.
For all of the people I've left reviews for please know that I never meant to cause offense, even for the stories I didn't particularly like. I try to act like an adult at all times and not call anyone names. I wish I could say the same about others on this website, but I'm only responcible for myself and my own actions.
Thanks and TTFN Vani Joy Dotson
I have currently posted the following stories:
1) Doctor Who:
A) Not Quite Human - I've taken this story down for the moment. I intend to give it a good once over as far as editing goes and give it a good polish. Hopefully it be less than 130 thousand words this time. This is the first Fan Fiction which I wrote and actually completed in addition to publishing so it's a bit rough. It is my wish that the updated version will shine and be less confusing for my readers. For those who have already read it I thank you for your wonderful reviews and I hope you will reread it and let me know if it's better. Thanks! Still-in-progress
B) Doctor's Newest Companion - For now this story is still up and running but expect it to go through an overhaul soon as well. I've already edited this, but somehow things got jumbled up so I'll have to find the right thread to get it untangled. I was thinking about posting the sequel as is though there was meant to be a lot more to the story. Some Is better than nothing right?
2) Highlander: Immortal’s Child - The Methuselah Legacy - Complete. It's sequel is currently on hold though I do hope to write it and get it posted in the future.
3) Alias: Smith and Jones: Miracles Are Bound to Happen
4) Sherlock: How Sherlock and Mycroft got their Names
5) CSI: NY: Daddy Long-Legs CSI:NY Style is now complete!
6) Unsatisfied, an Ironclad movie fan fiction - I couldn't find any fan fictions out there to fill a need, so I wrote one of my own. It's another short one like the Sherlock one.
7) Now, Finally, At Last - a Kung Fu: The Legend Continues Fan Fiction. I just finished watching the series again. This story was begging to be written, despite my attempting to write another story and the ever-looming deadline for the Writer's Digest short story contest for which I still haven't started a story. I hope you enjoy this short piece.
8) There's No Place Like Home - a Mentalist/Tin Man Crossover. Because, there wasn't one the last time I looked and this story kept playing in my head and demanded that I write it despite trying to concentrate on another. That seems to be my lot in this writing life. I try to work on one and another pops up to take it's place. I never finished a story I began five... ten stories ago. Now, back to writing my originals so maybe I can actually make some money from writing.
9) Falling - Tin Man. In answer to the question: how did Cain get out of the water when he fell from the Northern Palace?
My avatar is a picture of Luva from Angelique. I love both the character as well as the Japanese actor, Seki Toshihiko (last name first as per Japanese tradition), who lends his voice to make the anime come alive. If you haven't seen the Japanese version with English subtitles you're really missing something and not just in translation. Seki-san is also in another anime I like, Gensoumaden Saiyuki with another favorite actor of mine, Ishida Akira.
Cairis Rin (12)
Francesca Montag (41)
Lilac Reverie (24)
lily moonlight (31)
Morgan Stuart (57)
morning sunlight (65)
Sabrina Lonewalker (35)