Poll: Now that I've written a novel not Pushing the Limits would you buy it if I published? Vote Now!
Author has written 22 stories for Flashpoint, Bleach, Criminal Minds, and Avatar: Last Airbender.
Rest In Peace Amanda Post, April 24, 1994- May 17, 2009. A true fighter, and a true friend. You will live in my heart, my mind and my words.
My chapter of life as a Search and Rescue person is over. I have now turned to other ways of helping people by education on weather. Not to say I won't help out with search and rescue missions, it's just delayed.
Anyhow, I have a website for storm chasers and trackers called
My LJ, is called the Writer's Lounge it can be found
The Update Box
I have created a fancomic for Flashpoint called JTF2, it basically focuses on Sam's years in the military:
I'm a big fan of alternative rock, usually local bands such as All-Time Low and Apathy Eulogy, and The Hint. Also a fan of Apocalyptica (basically orchestra geeks on drugs) and the Trans-Siberian orchestra, their Christmas carols are awesome!
Some more stuff about me:
If you think you can't sleep well, just wait until you've spent a night in a debris shelter, IT WAS FKING 50 DEGREES OUTSIDE AND I WAS SHIVERING. (I was wrapped up in a space blanket, wearing ALL my clothes + rain gear)
If you think that your bed is the most comfy thing out there, try being strapped into a litter and carried for half a mile, not comfy for the guys carrying you (gee, the litter's heavy enough) but for the subject, man! I fell asleep a bit in it.
I walked over 5 miles with the pack strapped on wrong, all the weight was on my shoulders. It's prly heavier than the SRU's body armor.
MRE's are surprisingly good.
I play with fire :) and in more ways than one. (AKA I'm a risk taker)
Kat needs to take me paintballin'
I am a pretty good actress, when I faked a faint for the good of the team, I didn't even crack a smile, though I felt like it numerous times.
I'm pretty good at sucking it up and moving on, unless its something that I really need to dwell on.
Tarp Shelters= awesome!
A few favorite quotes: (that are by me)
"Write for what you believe in, not for what everyone else wants."
"My life is a paintbrush, the world is my canvas."
"The only truth is honesty"
"Listen to your critics, but don't follow them"
"Focus on the goods, not the bads"
"Look at the solution, not the problem."
Fan Fiction Writer's Code of Conduct (Feel free to copy and paste into profile, I made it up.)
As a fan fiction writer I will:
- Be bound by the rules of canon (aka, making canon act like they do in the show)
- Not make an OC that I insert be like me in any way, shape or form.
- Get spell check on my computer, or at least ask someone to Beta me.
- Not God-mod an OC, meaning that they will not have lasers shooting out of their eyes, make someone die just by staring at them or make them be able to destroy the world just by farting.
- Not make an OC make someone act out of character because that’s just Mary-Sue
- Make sure my OCs are not Mary-Sue by taking the litmus test.
- Not make any Author Notes longer than the actual story, or interrupt the flow of stories by inserting parenthetical comments (like this! Tee hee! _).
- Not write fictions that make no sense.
- Use proper punctuation and quotations.
- Read over my chapters before posting.
- Separate ideas into paragraphs and not make the whole thing one block of text.
- Be kind and courteous to other fiction writers.
- Review stories I read and offer constructive criticism instead of copy and pasting flames.
- Abide by the guidelines at all times.
- Act mature to all flames received and not take them personally
- Include proper warnings and ratings in the summary and not write “I suck at summaries”.
I will abide by this Code of Conduct as a fan fiction writer to improve my writing, and help others.
Beta Readers- people who you can send stories to and they’ll spell check/ grammar check it for you.
And this expresses the importance of proof reading, because spell check doesn't ever catch everything (warning, may have strong language) >>>
OH AND BY THE WAY! FOR FLASHPOINT FANS!
This shows my prowess at paint . . .'
More pointless gloating!
Tagline: DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE! YOU. ARE. A. PIRATE!!
Proud winner of Maryland History Day 2007. FIRST PLACE BITCHEZZZZZ
Author of a 30,000 word book that seriously needs to be published or my plot bunnies will die from malnourishment.
Unsafe External Link