Poll: Which category do you like best of my works? Vote Now!
Author has written 61 stories for Transformers, Digimon, Transformers/Beast Wars, Aladdin, Mulan, DarkWing Duck, LXG, Paul, James and the Giant Peach, Lion King, Mummy, Fairly OddParents, Tin Man, Ferngully, Inspector Gadget, Knight Rider, Wreck-It Ralph, Megamind, Danny Phantom, Lilo & Stitch, Mummies Alive!, Freakazoid, Monsters vs. Aliens, Dresden Files, Spider-Man, Night at the Museum, Octodad, Casper, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Beetlejuice, Ratchet and Clank, He-Man, Robert Asperin, and Hocus Pocus.
I have an original novel now for sale on Amazon for the Kindle. It is called "Dead Man Walking" by A.R. Jones.
(ht tp: / / www. amazon. com / Dead-Man-Walking -R-Jones- ebook / dp / B00MKAL6VA / ref = sr_1_204? s=digital-text&ie= UTF8&qid = 1407615563&sr = 1-204)
If you enjoy my fanfiction stories, I request you go and buy my original work. Thanks.
Behold, I have an icon. Linkmaste, another writer here who apparently is also able to draw, did a rendition of my creation, Fatemon. In my opinion, she captured his appearance quite well from my written description in my story "Destiny." So, here he is in all his awesome glory. I've also finally got around to forming a spot to gather what few pictures that are related to my stories in one location. If you're interested, here it is ( ht tp: / / bookwormgal. deviantart. com / ). Some are under my favorites and some are actually drawn by me (but very few of them are my work due to the fact I can't draw to save my life).
I am essentially Queen of the Bookworms. I am also a speed reader. Example, I finished reading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in less than twelve hours of reading. I watched way too many cartoons and Disney movies growing up. I'm the oldest of three and the only girl. I prefer a good action movie to a romantic comedy any day.
If I review your story, I will try to stay positive, because I'm not good at being mean, but I will not read stories that have drastically bad grammar. I just don't feel like wasting my time deciphering it, sorry. I will never use any real foul language in my stories or have too twisted romance. I don't like to read that stuff, so why should I make others? If that's a problem, there are plenty of other writers for you to bother.
Mostly, I want to have fun with my stories and I hope you have fun with them too. I like to write, so I write for myself. I'm just nice enough to let others give me their opinions. So you should be grateful that I'm sharing.
I like it when you tell me what you think. Otherwise, how will I ever improve? So, that rectangle button at the bottom of chapters? Press it and leave a review please.
While I may end up breaking these myself at times, I try to stick to these as much as possible. You're welcome to borrow them yourself (in fact, I encourage you to).
1) Do not make canon characters act completely out-of-character. The only reason you should do that is if you handle it carefully, it is short term, and you have a very good explanation as to why. Nothing throws a person for a loop like their favorite character acting weird all of a sudden. This also means that you shouldn't treat your least favorite character like they're an idiot just because you hate them. Try to be fair to all the members of the canon, not just those you like. In fact, take it as a challenge to write them well, despite your personal feelings.
2) "There," "their," and "they're" are different words with different meanings. The same goes for "it's" and "its." Learn them and know which one is which. It makes a world of difference in your writing if you use the correct word.
3) Reread and double-check your work. Spell-check is not fool-proof. Sometimes just going over something will help you spot dumb mistakes. I end up writing out on paper my story first, then type it. That takes care a lot of mistakes, just copying it to the computer. Then, I reread it a little later to spot the rest. Find your own system, but you need to reread your work!
4) One word, people: grammar. Do not fear it; love it. Nothing can scare off a reader like horrible grammar in a story. And if they do stick around, chances are they can only barely understand what they're reading.
5) All pairings are fair game, if it makes sense. If there is no hint at a character having feelings towards another, good or bad, why act like its been there all along? Those new feelings can develop, but don't create them all at once. It's not nice to break up an established couple just to stick the hero with your original character either. And not every boy and girl (or boy and boy, or girl and girl. I'm not against that, if there is a evidence of that in the canon to support that kind of relationship. Please don't do that just because you can) has to be a couple. Friendships can be just as important and difficult to craft, but worth the effort in the long run.
6) "Ain't" is not a word. The only reason I will allow it in a story is in dialog. People can say it in conversation, but other than that... NO!
7) Be descriptive in your work. Don't just say "It was a black cat," say "The feline rubbed his midnight fur against her leg, blinking his amber eyes with pleasure." Okay, you don't have to go to that extreme with it either. But you should still use more details. Much more fun to read.
8) There are hundreds of ways to say "said" (yelled, cried, whispered, begged, questioned, wondered, remarked, called, announced, gasped, laughed, smirked, growled, groaned, screamed, smiled, joked, hissed, explained, described, muttered, grinned, wept, panted, sighed, asked, coughed, snarled, shrieked, snapped, chuckled, choked, shouted, giggled, moaned, whined, complained, whimpered, breathed, mumbled, assured, purred, informed, babbled, yelped, lied, suggested, complimented, blabbed, snickered, commented, replied, grumbled, summarized, declared, etc). Use them. They're more descriptive of the tone, volume, style, and emotions of the speaker and really take a good story to a great story. I'm not saying that you can't use "said," but don't be afraid to spice things up a little too on occasion.
9) Don't be afraid to try new story ideas. Just think them out first. How many times do you find a fanfiction that is incomplete because a writer doesn't know where to go from there? It helps to have a rough plan for the story of how to get from point A to B. It prevents you from writing yourself into a corner. You can always change it as you go, but it will give you some structure to work with.
10) Original characters are fine to add to a story, just beware of the curse of Mary Sue. Make them believable. This means faults, imperfections, a back story (not a overly sappy one with either too much perfection or too much angst! That's not a back story; that's a soap opera), and real personality. Don't just photocopy yourself in so you can date your favorite character, either. Create an original character, meaning not existing elsewhere (including the real world). In all likelihood, not every canon character will like the same person equally. Some may hate them (shocking, right?) and they could be very well justified in their hate. Some personalities just clash. (This does not mean that your least favorite character must be mean to your original character so you can show the world why you hate that character. Try to be better than that.) The more realistic you can make them, the better. If possible, create an individual that could easily have existed since the beginning, even if they didn't deal with the canon characters directly, and seems to belong in that universe.
Best Fanfiction Disclaimer Ever:
I found this on TVtropes and thought it was amazing. Whoever wrote it did an awesome job, so I had to add it to my profile.
Sing, O Muse, or speak, or dance,
and so your audience entrance:
For voice, or step, or gilded phrase -
each art shall mortal minds amaze.
But Muse, ensure whatever work
is safe from harmful law and clerk,
the legal hounds who howl at we
who honor creativity.
Who honors more an artist's skill?
The fan who will the soul distill
from artistry, and so conceive
new tales from what that art achieved?
Or one who simply reads a book
and even if their heart is hooked,
tells none, nor lets their minds be swept
to lands where untouched tales are kept?
But yet let needful words be said,
which still I treat with grief and dread:
I own the narration within,
but not the world it happens in.
It isn't hard to separate
my words from those I emulate.
What's mine is mine, what's not is not,
I lay no claim to other plots.
So guard, Calliope, and Sing!
The humble words which I might bring
would in your speech flourish and thrive,
in ways I could scarcely contrive.
And reader, if you would allow
just one more moment, here and now
to introduce my nascent glory —
Sit back, relax, enjoy the story!
"I feel I was denied... essential... NEED TO KNOW... information"- Burt Gummer from Tremors 2: Aftershock
"I bought Satan's Camaro"- Sam Witwicky from Transformers
"I love those moments. I love to wave at them as they pass me by."- Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
"But why is the rum gone?!"- Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
"Phenomenal cosmic power, itty bitty living space."- Genie from Aladdin
"You actually go outside in these?" "What would you prefer, yellow spandex?" Wolverine and Cyclops from X-men
"Wait, are you telling me you built a time machine? Out of a Delorean?"- Marty McFly from Back to the Future
"Life is not a malfunction."- Stephanie Speck from Short Circuit (a great 80's movie you should all watch.)
"You heard the man. No mortal weapon can kill him." "Then we'll just have to find some immortal ones." "There's that 'we' again."- Rick O'Connell and Evey from The Mummy
"Bah wheep grahna wheep ninny bahn."- Kup from Transformers: The Movie (the animated one from the 80's)
"Charming place. Does Jack the Ripper live here?"- Rodney Skinner from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
"Hello assorted Meatheads! And lady."- Sly Cooper from Sly Cooper: Honor Among Thieves
"Ah Carmelita. Always trying to solve her problems with a shock pistol"- Sly Cooper from Sly Cooper: Band of Thieves
"They call me Mr. Pig!"- Pumbaa from The Lion King
"Something good coming right up!"- Beelzemon from Digimon: Season 3
"Momentai"- Terriermon from Digimon: Season 3
"I'm dishonest. And you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to worry about. Because you never know when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid."- Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
"Think like Will. Think like Will. ...half-barrel pins? Leverage!!"- Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
"I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna throw up and then I'm gonna die!"- Grinch from How the Grinch Stole Christmas
"Make it a... happy memory."- K from Men in Black
"Fly my pretties. Fly!"- Wicked Witch of the West from Wizard of Oz
"I don't like this cat. He reads minds."- Sid from Ice Age
"I shouldn't have told you that."- Rubius Hagrid from Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone
"I'm the best at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice"- Wolverine from X-men Origins: Wolverine
"Johnny. Supernova." "I thought we agreed that was bad." "Johnny, now!" Reed Richard and Johnny Storm from Fantastic Four
"No can do Gigantor. Someone's got to pay." "Pay for what?" "I don't know, just pay. Now stop whining and take it like a man"- Jedediah and Larry Daley from Night at the Museum
"Did I hear someone ask for a miracle? Let me hear you say 'I'" "Ahh!!" "That's close enough."- Mushu and Mulan from Mulan
"Well I ain't going to smell it, if that's what you want."- Mr. Beaver from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
"Come. Visit the woods."- Draco from Dragon Heart
"It's a rock. It doesn't have motivation"- Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest
"Chon Wang is a terrible cowboy name"- Roy O'Bannon from Shanghai Noon (Try saying it out loud... sounds like John Wayne)
"That's it. Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family! Make a note of this. Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow! Dishonor on..."- Mushu from Mulan
"Ohana means family. Family means..." "... nobody gets left behind..." "...or forgotten."- Stitch and Nani from Lilo and Stitch
"Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks questionable to me."- Tantor from Tarzan
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"- Khan from Star Trek: Wrath of Khan (This is where that phrase actually came from originally! Or at least it became more mainstream)
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one"- Spock from Star Trek: Wrath of Khan (This one too! Star Trek has had a big influence on the world.)
"I'm not bad, Mr. Valient. I'm just drawn that way."- Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit
"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die"- Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride
"Guilmon, what are you doing?" "Staring contest." "Come on." "Aww... But I was winning."- Takato and Guilmon from Digimon Season 3
"Why is the car stopped?" "It's frightened."- Miss Scarlett and Professor Plum from Clue
"We may be small, but our hearts are large! Metaphorically speaking"- Octavius from Night at the Museum
"I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it."- Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
"Watch out for the pedestrian!" "It's on the street, it knows the risks it's taking!"- Aziraphale and Crowley from Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
"You just killed a helicopter with a car!" "I was out of bullets."- Matt Farrell and John McClane from Live Free or Die Hard
"That's it! The madness is spreading! Grr... Crazy talk. Why do I keep hooking up with these warped people?"- Iago from Aladdin: Return of Jafar
"Thackery Binx, what took thee so long?" "I'm sorry, Emily. But I had to wait three hundred years for a virgin to light a candle"- Emily Binx and Thackery Binx from Hocus Pocus
"Smokin'!"- Mask from The Mask
"I have a proper name, you know... And when I remember it, I'll tell you"- Glitch from Tin Man
"Teenagers: You give them an inch, they swim all over you."- Sebastian from The Little Mermaid
"You're... uh..." "Intimidating? Awe-inspiring?" "Tiny."- Mulan and Mushu from Mulan
"Hey, 'mean' would be letting you run in there and be erased quicker than you could say 'is this the delete key I see before me?'"- Impmon from Digimon Season 3
"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile"- Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon
"It didn't end well"- Louis from The Princess and the Frog
"No harm ever came from opening a box." "And no harm ever came from reading a book. Remember how that turned out?"- Evey and Rick O'Connell from The Mummy Returns
"Hulk smash!"- Hulk from The Incredible Hulk (surprise, surprise...)
"Touche, O dark master of evil bathrobes."- Harry Dresden from The Dresden Files: Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
"YOU ARE A TOY! You're not the real Buzz Lightyear. You're an action figure. You are a child's plaything."- Woody from Toy Story
"Here's another curse for you. May all your bacon burn."- Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle
"Don't interfer"- Diaboromon from Digimon: The Movie
"Listen to me. We are not going to die!" "We're not?" "No. And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and polka will never die."- Harry Dresden and Waldo Butters from The Dresden Files: Dead Beat by Jim Butcher (After a while, "Polka will never die" becomes Butters' survival mantra)
"Let's get dangerous"- Darkwing Duck from Darkwing Duck
"Wait, are you telling me that the pig turned inside out and then it exploded?"-Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest
"You think you can stop me? Do you know who I am?" "Haven't the foggiest"- Random goon and Skulduggery Pleasant from Skulduggery Pleasant: Sceptor of the Ancients by Derek Landy
"Have fun storming the castle" "Do you think they'll make it?" "It'd take a miracle. Bye bye."- Miracle Max and his wife from The Princess Bride
"Would you like to stay for dinner?" "Would you like to stay forever?"- Mulan and Grandmother Fa from Mulan
"That book was destroyed in an accident maliciously."- Gru from Despicable Me
"Good luck with that one." "Whose side are you on?" "The losing side!"- Minion, Megamind, and Roxanne Ritchi from Megamind
"Hello my freaky darlings."- Rodney Skinner from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
"Drop dead" "Too late"- Kat Harvey and Stretch from Casper
"I don't think your parents like me and I think that jello gave me a fake phone number"- B.O.B. from Monsters Vs. Aliens
"Great Scott!"- Dr. Emmett Brown from Back to the Future (No matter how many times he says it, I always enjoy it)
"I like him. He's nice." "But scary." "...like Santa!"- Agnes and Edith from Despicable Me
"Let me get this straight. You think that your client, one of the wealtiest, most influential men in the world, is secretly a vigilante, who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands... and your plan is to blackmail this person? ...Good luck." - Lucius Fox from The Dark Knight
"You think I wouldn't recognize you because I can't see your cheekbones?" - Carol Ferris from Green Lantern
"I'm not a big fat panda. I'm the big fat panda"- Po from Kung Fu Panda
"Why aren't you awesomed by me?" Molly Hayes from Marvel's The Runaways
"Hakuna Matata"- Timon from The Lion King
"Class dismissed"- Ironhide from Transformers: Dark of the Moon
"You wouldn't hit a woman." "That's a woman?"- The Once-ler and the Lorax from The Lorax
"Puny god"- Hulk from The Avengers
"I'm the Avatar. You've gotta deal with it"- Korra from The Legend of Korra
"But just think. Humans, back in the forest" "Yep, there goes the neighborhood." "Be nice, Batty." "First, all these trees go. Then come your highways, then come your shopping malls and parking lots and convenience stores, and then comes- *Bzzt* Price check on prune juice, Bob. Price check on prune juice." - Crysta and Batty from FernGully
"You have no idea what you're dealing with." "Uh... Shakespeare in the park? Doth thou mother know you weareth her drapes?"- Thor Odinson and Tony Stark from The Avengers
"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation. Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers on." - Mycroft Holmes from Sherlock (I swear, it makes more sense in context. But it doesn't get any less funny.)
"Is somethin’ wrong?" "Aye! Rob willna tak’ a drink o’ Special Sheep Liniment!" "Ach, the Big Man’s deid! Oh waily waily waily—" "Will ye hush yer gob, ye big mudlin! I am no’ deid! I’m trying to have a moment o’ existential dreed here, right?" - Daft Wullie, Jeannie, and Rob Anybody from A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett
"Sigh"- Aya from Green Lantern: The Animated Series (saying the sound effect is almost always amusing)
"Anything to declare?" "I hate you" "I get that a lot"- The Surge Protector and Wreck-it Ralph from Wreck-it Ralph
"Oh, you're a villain all right. Just not a super one." "Oh yeah? What's the difference?" "Presentation!" - Megamind and Hal Stewart/Tighten from Megamind
"What do you want us to do? Dress in drag and do the hula?" - Timon from The Lion King
"Hi-ho Silver! Away!" "Never do that again" - John Reid/The Lone Ranger and Tonto from The Lone Ranger
"Puddin'!" "By now, he probably is"- Harley Quinn and Batman from The Batman/Superman Movie
"Don't touch Lola"- Agent Phil Coulson from The Agents of SHIELD
"I don't have a skull... Or bones." -Olaf from Frozen
"These costumes are da bomb!"- B.O.B. from Monsters Vs Aliens
"I am Groot"- Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy
"There are no red lights in a car chase!"- GoGo from Big Hero 6
"I'm your hairy dogfather"- Fairy Godmother from Cinderella (The new live-action Disney one)
"Can I come in to the out now?"- Oh from Home
"Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse"- Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice
"Jamie want big boom"- Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters
"Can't you see I'm in a heated existential discussion with this dead-eyed plastic desk toy!"- Megamind from Megamind
"Oh, you're going to have to take this to the shop." "Who's speaking?" "It's your conscience. We don't talk a lot these days." - Scott Lang and Tony Stark from Captain America: Civil War
Okay, I am arranging my stories here by whether they are part of series (in which case, they will be listed in the correct order) or if they are stand alone stories. It should be fairly easy to understand and I'll continue to update as I go.
Black Crayons: (Transformers)
Everyone Needs a Birthday
Baby-sitting, Take Two
When I Grow Up
My First Decepticon
A Child's Innocence
100 Black Crayons
Satan's Camaro: (Transformers)
Night and Day: (Darkwing Duck)
Different as Night and Day
Never Had a Friend Like Me: (Fairly Oddparents)
Never Had a Friend Like Me
Tales as Old as Time
Say It: (Assorted)
Say It Again (Beetlejuice)
Say It Thrice (Danny Phantom) (Beetlejuice)
Stand Alone Stories: (Assorted)
Sari's Side Story (Transformers Animated)
Vengeance Will Be Mine (Mulan)
Opposites Destroy (Aladdin)
What If? (Digimon)
When Did I Become a Parent? (The Lion King)
Baby Sister (The Mummy)
Outsiders (Tin Man)
Harmless (Danny Phantom)
Aloha (Lilo and Stitch)
Gift from the Gods (Mummies Alive)
Download Complete (Freakazoid)
Vulnerabilities (Monsters Vs Aliens)
Soul Music (The Dresden Files)
Beyond Family (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
Secret Files of Area 51 (Paul)
There's More to Magic Than Crocodile Tongues (James and the Giant Peach)
Shrewd Choices (FernGully)
A Good Heart (Inspector Gadget)
Survival KITT (Knight Rider)
Thunderstorm (Wreck-it Ralph)
One More Chance (Spider-man Movie Trilogy)
Child of Moonlight (Night at the Museum)
Life For a Land Cephalopod (Octodad)
Revenge of the Energy Vampire (Buzz Lightyear of Star Command)
Time is a Gift (Ratchet & Clank)
Magic and Mayhem (Casper) (Hocus Pocus)
A few of my stories have pictures on DeviantArt, as mentioned near the top of my profile. Others are listed under Fanfiction Recommendations on TvTropes or have their own Trope Page. Those will be listed here:
"Black Crayons" series
"Child of Moonlight"
"Never Had A Friend Like Me" series
"Night and Day"
"Revenge of the Energy Vampire"
"Say It Thrice"
"When Did I Become A Parent"
Enjoy all my stories and let me know what you think.