Poll: In 'The Second Phoenix' who should Harry be paired with EVENTUALLY? Vote Now!
Author has written 35 stories for Pokémon, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Star Wars, Batman: Arkham Asylum, X-Men: The Movie, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Doctor Strange, and Supernatural.
Hi to everyone who will hopefully read my fanfiction: my challenges and other forums can be found here: My Forums
A warning to ALL readers: Time and time again, I have people either reviewing or PMing and asking me the same question: why is such-and-such no longer available on FFN? Well DUH: it's not available because I felt unable to continue. I don't do this to insult any of my loyal, friendly readers or the time they take to read my stories: if and when I do it, it'll be for one of three reasons:
1) Writer's Block - every writer's worst nightmare and my greatest weakness
2) Negatively-inclined reviews such as telling me that 'such-and-such isn't meant to happen' or that they don't like what I've written because it's not for them or some troll-dunged reason like that: Hello? IT'S CALLED FANFICTION FOR A REASON!
3) Lack of inspiration - which is MY worst enemy
So, with that in mind, here's my warning: if ANY more reviewers or PMers ask me about my stories being removed, then, simply put, I will just ignore you.
So, from time to time, I've had people asking me about pairings and why some are what they are: and so, just like many other authors on-site, I thought I'd share with you what I think of certain Harry Potter-fandom pairings and the ideas behind them.
1) Harry/Luna aka Lunar: Now this needs no introduction or explanation: Luna, who is like the light in Harry's dark times in the movie, who is someone who will listen to him, be a friend when he needs them and, in her own strange way, has exactly what he needs to hear when she says it, she is easily a perfect match for the craziness of our hero's lifestyle. Plus, if she ever breaks character and shows her true nature, watch out.
So, in the ranks of perfect pairings, for me, Luna is Number One with an AK and then some
2) Harry/Ginny aka Hinny: So, at first, this wasn't one of my favourites because of the fact that, growing up, Ginny might as well have been turned into a Lily Potter wannabe, especially with the banshee for a Mum. Plus, as many people note, it's only after sixth year, when the girl's looking up love potions, that Harry starts falling for her: coincidence?
Anyway, in my opinion now, Harry/Ginny is a likeable pairing if done right and explored in all the right ways: and, of course, in the case of Dark/Evil Harry winding up with Ginny, it's perfect because they're both survivors who know the darkness. But an idea brought on by potions and manipulations on the part of a money-grubbing Mother and a senile old fool.
There is where it doesn't work.
3) Harry/Draco aka Drarry: Adorable with a capital A...and not just because the idea of Daniel Radcliffe and Tom Felton together is cute either. Here we have a setting for the road to greatness: after all, Lucius Malfoy is Voldemort's right hand man and made so much happen even in the man's absence, so it stands to reason that his son could help someone become better.
Even if Harry isn't in Slytherin or on the road to becoming the next Dark Lord or even Tom's son/heir/apprentice, Drarry stories are amazing as long as they're NOT about focusing on things like MPreg or such things through Creature fics; these two combustible elements being together and in love is enough. Plus, let's face it: all the way through, there are points where you wonder if the two should just stop the talking and kiss each other and get it over with.
After all, as Draco himself says: scared Potter?
And how does Harry respond? You wish...
4) Harry/Tom, Harry/Severus or Harry/adults: Now, admittedly, reading this is fun for me, but I doubt I'd ever try to write the pairings anymore; at the end of the day, Harry's a teenager and they're men/women with years on him. In this day and age, they'd be arrested for that sort of thing. Don't get me wrong: some do get it right and make itn interesting read, but as a writer, it's not something I'd write personally unless it was Harry with the Horcrux of Tom Riddle: there is a recipe for hotness personified
5) Harry/Daphne aka Haphne: The Fire Prince of Gryffindor and the Ice Queen of Slytherin: need I say more?
6) Harry/Hermione aka Harmony: Easily one of the most-popular pairings on-site and one that, in all honesty, can go either way: yes, Hermione is like a big sister to Harry, but that doesn't mean she can't wind up with him. If it's a question of things getting weird for 'incestuous' reasons, I've got three words for you: Game of Thrones. If Martin can make one of the best fantasy series on television thus far out of topics like this, why can't Fan Fiction make fun out of the same for two who, in some situations, are perfect for one another.
Her brains, his courage; her loyalty, his heart; her friendship and belief in his greatness and his greatness. Do I have to go on?
7) Harry/anyone else: Now this is more or less random for me: there won't really be times I do put Harry with anyone else unless it's for the purpose of the story. So, people like Fleur and Gabrielle, Cho, Astoria, Susan or even Tonks...it's a dealer's choice scenario really. If I choose to write those pairings, I will; if not, chances are it's one of the others.
8) Harry/OC: Now here is a carte blanche with a real impact: literally, when writing OC pairings, the sky's the limit and anything goes: so...yeah, if tempted, I could see myself writing OC pairings again - both male and female - but the overall idea would be my idea of an OC, not people who read it and think they have to tell me how to write or do my work. At the end of the day, the OC, like the story, would be my own design and so that's how it'd work.
9) Harry/Pansy: A Dark lover's favourite pairing, no?
Well, in my case, as I have one story where it's worked already, I'd say the ONLY time it would work was if Harry was going to become the next Dark Lord or if he was already on the side of Darkness/Voldemort. So, yeah, maybe the temptation/inspiration to write a Harry/Pansy would come around again, who knows?
There: a full idea of my idea of pairings and how I see them; now, you have no excuses to loathe my work because, at the end of the day, this is Fan Fiction and the pairings are what I choose them to be.
ADDED TERMS: So, every once in a blue moon, you may find certain pairings getting names/titles that you think won't make sense: well, here are a few examples and what they mean:
Lunar Harmony: Harry/Luna/Hermione
Icy Harmony: Harry/Hermione/Daphne or Astoria
Winter Moon: Harry/Luna/Daphne or Astoria
Emerald Ice: Harry/Daphne/Astoria
Favourite Quotes: "Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein
"The power of imagination makes us infinite" John Muir
"If you're going to knock a false king from his throne, then you should at least have some fun doing it" Me;
"In the world of storytelling there's no such thing as an original idea; what makes the story unique is the way in which you use the idea." A quote from Rise of the Dark Angel by mykkila09
"Death should be a release, not a punishment." King Einon; Dragonheart;
"I will follow you to hell and back. I will do whatever you ask and your enemies shall be mine." Atton: Knights of the Old Republic II
"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!" Lelouch; Code Geass
"There is no good and evil; there is only power and those too weak to seek it!" Voldemort; Philosopher's Stone
"He was their friend, and he betrayed them. He was their friend! I hope he finds me! Cause when he does, I'm gonna be ready. When he does, I'm gonna kill him!" Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban
"I tried so hard to help, and all it's done is made things worse. Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore, because I don't want to play anymore. All it does is make you care too much. The more you care the more you have to lose. Maybe it's just best to go it alone." Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix
"Sooner or later, we all go through a crucible. I'm guessing yours was that island. Most believe there are two types of people who go into a crucible. The ones who become stronger from the experience and survive it, and the ones who die. But there's a third type. The ones who learn to love the fire and choose to stay in their crucible because it's easier to embrace the pain when it's all you know anymore." Sebastian Blood: Arrow
"I don't want to feel this pain again. I don't want to hurt or get hurt ever again, and you seem like someone who could teach me how not to." Thea Queen: Arrow
"There are people in the world who deal only in extremes and it would be naive to think that anything less than extreme measures will stop them." Amanda Waller: Arrow
"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again." Erik Lehnsherr: X-Men First Class
"There is so much more to you than you know. Not just pain and anger. There is good, too. I felt it. When you can access all of that, you will possess a power no one can match. Not even me." Charles Xavier: X-Men First Class
"Everything you did make me stronger. It made me the weapon I am today. It's the truth. I've known it all along. You are my creator." Erik Lehnsherr: X-Men First Class
"I've never felt so much POWER!"
"And you shall have even more; but first, you must prove your loyalty to me."
"I'm listening..." Alex O Connell and Imhotep: The Mummy, The Animated Series
"When people fear you, it is the most intoxicated position a man can possess." Vortigern: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
"I do not fear them! I fear no-one!" Berethor: LotR: The Third Age
"Don't get cute with me, Red! He's ripping me off! I'll protest. Yeah, I'll sue! Then I'll rip his lungs out! And I will too!" The Joker; Batman Animated Series