Author has written 4 stories for Pokémon, and Hetalia - Axis Powers.
Hi there. I'm Shiva491.
So yeah, I might add more to this profile later.
I've written two stories for pokemon, Fronteir Brains for a day or two and Gijinka.
Frontier Brains for a day or two was an idea that popped into my head one summer, several years ago, that I happened to write a chapter of. Looking back, I can't help but grimace a little at some of the writing. I might get back to it someday, as it was an interesting idea, but I probably won't.
I'm a little more serious about Gijinka. It started out, quite a while ago, when I saw a roleplaying thread using Gijinkas (I think it was called Gijinka Academy). While I remember the roleplaying itself was rather uninteresting, I liked the idea behind it, or rather, I liked the Gijinkas. I got quite a few ideas from that thread. Murkrow gets his hand-claws from the thread's starter's picture, and I also borrowed the antagonist, Darkrai, after seeing Gijinka's of him. There were several other ideas I got from that thread as well that I don't want to mention now, as they'd be spoilers.
Bodyswap is really best described by the author's note. As you might guess, I came from pokemon. It was a combination of reading about manaphy, 'its a small world after all' by Bri Nara (which is really funny (and light), by the way, and I recommend it-I was using it to recover from seven little killers (Also very good, but for a completely different reason. It's a well-written psychological thriller [plus gore, lots of it] that has given plenty of people nightmeres)), and 'The Great Elevator Massacre of 2010' (which is ridiculously hilarious. Probably the funniest hetalia fanfic I've ever read-you can find it on tvtropes fanfic recs), that first gave me the idea for this fic. While bodyswapping is a very common and cliche plot point for fanfic, and I had never done anything comedic before, I simply couldn't get the idea out of my head, as I found it hilarious. I kept thinking of scenes, and finally ended up writing the first chapter. I found myself enjoying it more than I expected, and I've written a few more since. At the time of this writing (May 21st 2011), I'm trying to update it at least once every week (and have so far succeeded in doing so.). How long this will last is beyond me. Then again, summer is coming soon, so who knows? I just might manage to keep it up. [And I did through summer. However, my workload has increased to staggering proportions this year. I now shoot to update it once a month (and so far, I've managed that or better every time, as of March 1st 2012)]
On the topic of comedy...If you are a Bleach Fan, and haven't read Uninvited Guests, you are missing out. It is the most hilarious Bleach fanfic in existance. Don't believe me? See for yourself. It's on my favorites list.
The 27 Commandments of Fanfiction
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given you a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it.
2. Thou shalt not post a chapter of less than 100 words, unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
3. Thou shalt not put author's notes in the middle of the story.
4. Thou shalt NEVER use text-speak in a fic, unless the characters are actually texting.
5. Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6. Apply the above number 5 to POVs as well.
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8. Thou shalt not use :) , ;D , or >:( in a fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character.
9. Thou shalt try-eth to keep characters in character!
10. Thou shalt not treat every criticism as a flame.
11. The author's note is not a spot for your personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12. Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shalt not insert thyself into the story line as thyself or as a character- yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic, we just don’t want to read about how you end up with the main character.
15. If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original story line, point it out in the beginning.
16. Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change (a good reason).
17. Thou shalt show and not tell.
18. Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in-est thine summary. This annoys thine readers.
19. Thou shalt not write the same way thou speak-est - writing is an art.
20. Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly. Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise.
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody or b) find a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise thine readers shalt be confuse-ed.
23. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. THIS INFURIATES BOTH THINE READER AND THE FANFICTION GODS. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason.
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on, it displeases the masses and causes thy readers to lose their vision and make angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before you writeth the fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts from the story. It will also create Minis. Mini-Balrogs, Mini-Aragogs, Mochi Nations - whatever it is, the Mini will hate you. (Look up 'Mini-Balrog' if this sentence confuses you.)
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary "summary inside". This shows lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shall use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.
The Ten Tolkien Truths:
"Thou Shalt Honour Tolkien's Name By Spelling His Name Right.
Some Quick Tips for Hetalia Fanfiction:
- If in doubt, look it up. Getting a country's customs wrong will infuriate people from that country.
- Google Translate sucks. Learn the language, or ask someone who knows the language to write those lines for you. Reading "mon nom est Francis" instead of "je m'appelle Francis" drives Frenchies nuts.
- Don't use controversial character portrayals until you're better situated in the fandom. Immediately portraying Arthur Kirkland in your first fic as a slut will make his fangirls mad.
- Please use more creative settings than the World Meeting Room. You couldwith the amount of Meeting Room Hetalia fanfics there are.
- Look up overused tropes for your favourite ships and try to avoid them. Readers are tired of reading another "DOES HE LIKE ME?" "DOES HE LIKE ME?" "OH HE KISSED ME I SUPPOSE HE LIKES ME" "LET'S HAVE SEX" "OKAY" fanfic. Especially if it's USUK.
- When writing smut for your first time, read other people's smut fics to get an idea of what to do. "Insert tab A into slot B" fanfics are as arousing as assembling Berwald's furniture.
- Remember that the characters you're using are personifications of NATIONS. There are people from those countries reading your fanfic. People get pissed when you portray their country badly for no reason. And spell the names right, for Glod's sake.
Unsafe External Link