Poll: Should I Write A Sequel to Learning To Fall Vote Now!
Author has written 2 stories for Twister, and Chronicles of Narnia.
Learning To Fall: Natalie Harding doesn't take the news well that Bill's remarrying. This is basically Twister but with the twist of a daughter and son thrown in there. JoxBill
Dr. Jo Harding (Helen Hunt): The leader of her storm-chasing research team. Bill Harding (Bill Paxton): Jo's estranged husband and former fellow storm-chaser. Dustin 'Dusty' Davis (Philip Seymour Hoffman): A wise-cracking member of Jo's chase team. Robert 'Rabbit' Nurick (Alan Ruck): The navigator for Jo's chase team. Laurence: (Jeremy Davies): A quiet member of the team, in charge of photographing tornadoes on film. Joey: (Joey Slotnick): In charge of taking measurements of wind and taking care of their doppler radar. Alan Sanders (Sean Whalen), Tim 'Beltzer' Lewis (Todd Field), Haynes (Wendle Josepher): and Jason 'Preacher' Rowe: (Scott Thomson): other members of Jo's team. Dr. Melissa Reeves (Jami Gertz): Bill's new fiancee. Aunt Meg Greene (Lois Smith): Jo's aunt and mother-figure to her team. Dr. Jonas Miller (Cary Elwes): The leader of the rival storm-chasing team. Eddie (Zach Grenier): Jonas' reluctant assistant.
My name is Sarah
I am but three,
My eyes are swollen
I can't see,
Must be stupid, I must be bad,
What else could have made
My daddy so mad?
I wish I were better
I wish I weren't ugly,
Then maybe my mommy
Would still want to hug me
I can't speak at all
I can't do a wrong
Or else I'm locked
All the day long
When I awake
I'm all alone
The house is dark
My folks aren't home
When my mommy does come
I'll try and be nice,
So maybe I'll get
Just one beating tonight
Don't make a sound!
I just heard a car
My daddy is back
From Charlie's Bar
I hear him curse
My name he calls
I press myself
Against the wall
I try and hide
From his evil eyes
I'm so afraid
I'm starting to cry
He finds me weeping
He shouts ugly words,
He says it's my fault
That he suffers at work
He slaps me and hits me
And yells at me more,
I finally get free
And I run for the door
He's already locked it
And I start to bawl,
He takes me and throws me
Against the hard wall
I fall to the floor
With my bones nearly broken,
And my daddy continues
With more bad words spoken
"I'm sorry!", I scream
But its much too late
His face has been twisted
Into unimaginable hate
The hurt and the pain
Again and again
Oh please God, have mercy!
Oh please let it end!
And he finally stops
And heads for the door,
While I lay there motionless
Sprawled on the floor
My name is Sarah
And I am but three,
Tonight my daddy,
Child abuse, MAKE IT STOP!
You know you live in 2007 when...
1.) You accidentally enter your password on a microwave.
2.) You haven't played solitare with real cards for years
3.) The reason for not staying in touch with your friends is they don't have a screenname or my space
4.) You'd rather look all over the house for the remote instead of just pushing the buttons on the TV
6.) Your boss doesn't even have the ability to do your job.
7.) As you read this list you keep nodding and smiling.
8.) As you read this list you think about sending it to all your friends.
9.) And you were too busy to notice number 5.
10.) You scrolled back up to see if there was a number 5.
11.) Now you are laughing at yourself stupidly.
12.) Put this in your profile if you fell for that, and you know you did
FRIENDS: Never ask for anything to eat or drink. FRIENDS: Call your parents by Mr. and Mrs. and Grandpa, by Grandpa. FRIENDS: Would bail you out of jail. FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry. FRIENDS: Asks you to write down your number. FRIENDS: Borrows your stuff for a few days then gives it back. FRIENDS: Only know a few things about you. FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that is what the crowd is doing. FRIENDS: Would knock on your front door. FRIENDS: You have to tell them not to tell anyone. FRIENDS: Are only through highschool/college. (aka: drinking buddies) FRIENDS: Will be there to take your drink away from you when they think you've had enough. FRIENDS: Would ignore this letter 10 BEST THINGS ABOUT BEING A GIRL 10. We can wear guy clothes, but if they wear ours they get funny looks 9. At least one girl always survives in horror movies 8. We can put cotton between our toes and paint our nails without feeling the least bit silly 7. Our magazines have horiscopes 6. Girls with guy first names like Taylor sound cool, but it doesn't work the other way around 5. Our friends don't say "hi" by punching us in the arm 4. Yes PMS sucks, but at least we have an excuse to lay around eating chocolate once a month 3. Make-up covers any imperfections we may have 2. If we flirt with a cop, we can get out of a speeding ticket 1. Girl Talk... you know, the way we all just understand each other without having to explain a thing
FRIENDS: Never ask for anything to eat or drink.
FRIENDS: Call your parents by Mr. and Mrs. and Grandpa, by Grandpa.
FRIENDS: Would bail you out of jail.
FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
FRIENDS: Asks you to write down your number.
FRIENDS: Borrows your stuff for a few days then gives it back.
FRIENDS: Only know a few things about you.
FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that is what the crowd is doing.
FRIENDS: Would knock on your front door.
FRIENDS: You have to tell them not to tell anyone.
FRIENDS: Are only through highschool/college. (aka: drinking buddies)
FRIENDS: Will be there to take your drink away from you when they think you've had enough.
FRIENDS: Would ignore this letter
10 BEST THINGS ABOUT BEING A GIRL
10. We can wear guy clothes, but if they wear ours they get funny looks
9. At least one girl always survives in horror movies
8. We can put cotton between our toes and paint our nails without feeling the least bit silly
7. Our magazines have horiscopes
6. Girls with guy first names like Taylor sound cool, but it doesn't work the other way around
5. Our friends don't say "hi" by punching us in the arm
4. Yes PMS sucks, but at least we have an excuse to lay around eating chocolate once a month
3. Make-up covers any imperfections we may have
2. If we flirt with a cop, we can get out of a speeding ticket
1. Girl Talk... you know, the way we all just understand each other without having to explain a thing
You know what Mommy
You went to the doctor today.
I can hear that doctor again.
Every Abortion Is Just . . .
One more heart that was stopped.
Again repost this on your profile if you think abortion is wrong.
REMEMBER WHEN ..
Put This In Your Profile If You're Still 5 Inside...No Matter How Old You Are Now
YOU KNOW YOU'RE AN AUTHOR IF...
You talk to yourself a lot. (Alot meaning all the time...)
You talk to yourself about talking to yourself. (e.g. 'Why do I constantly ask my self random things?')
When you talk to yourself you often talk to yourself like you're talking to someone else. (e.g. 'Have you ever noticed that deliver could mean someone's liver?')
After uttering a profound piece of wisdom like that above, you stare at the cookie in your hand with awe and say, "Wow,this stuff is great for sugar highs...'
You live off of sugar and caffeine (the two greatest things ever discovered!)
You'll check your e-mail every day of the week and then disappear off the face of the earth.
You're e-mails tend to be pages long and incredibly random.
When replying to an e-mail, you'll never actually address the point of it.
You tend to collect Bic Stics off the ground like picking pennies off the ground.
No matter where you are in a room you never have to get up to find a pen/pencil and paper.
The letters on your keyboard are wearing off. (well no, but I've gone though ALOT of pencils)
Your friends and family think that you have carpal tunnel syndrome.
People think you have A.D.D.
You think it'd be cool to have A.D.D.
You constantly start talking in third person, present or past tense.
You start thinking about making lists like this and start giggling for no "apparent" reason
Your friends stopped looking at you funny when you laugh for no apparent reason a loooooong time ago.
And FINALLY, the one way to tell if you're a good writer: You failed English 101.
(copy that into you're profile if you fit one or more of the descriptions)
Man: Where have you been all my life?
Man: Haven't I seen you someplace before?
Man: Is this seat empty?
Man: Your place or mine?
Man: So, what do you do for a living?
Man: Hey baby, what's your sign?
Man: How do you like your eggs in the morning?
Man: Your body is like a temple.
Man: I would go to the end of the world for you.
Man: If I could see you naked, I'd die happy.
Man: If I could rearrange the alphabet I'd put u and i together
Man: Your eyes they're amazing.
Man: Do you have a map? Because I am lost in your eyes.
If you repost this you will get a phone call 37 minutes after you repost
For people that hate stereotypes: If you think people should just shut up and stop, put this on your profile. (BOLD the ones you are.)
I'm SKINNY, so I MUST be anorexic.
you have ever had a mad laughing fit for absolutely no reason, copy and paste this into your profile.Ninety-five percent of the kids out there are concerned with being popular and fitting in. If you're part of the five percent who aren't, copy this, put it in your profile, and add your name to the list. AnimeKittyCafe, Hyperactivley Bored, Gem W, Bara-Minamino, Yavie Aelinel, Crazy Billie Joe Loving Freak, Shadow929, The Astrology Nerd, brown-eyed angelofmusic, piratesswriter/fairy to be, The Gypsy-Pirate Queen Teetering On The Brink Of Insanity Past The Point Of No Return Man Life Sucks, The Poisoned Doughnut of DOOM, Overthemoon2139, obsessedwithstabler, Sunshine016, Chennai
If you think that those stupid kids should just give that God-forsaken Trix rabbit some Trix, copy this into your profile.
If there are times when you wanna annoy people just for the heck of it, copy this into your profile.
If you hate those obnoxious snobby people, PLEASE copy this into your profile.
If you don't have a problem with homosexuality, copy this into your profile.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you stare at a pencil and laugh when someone asks you just what you find so interesting about the eraser. Crazy is when you have an hour long sob-fest, then start singing and dancing when your favorite song plays. Crazy is when you do or say a totally random thing, like "Do you ever wonder where the eraser bits go?" or start having a thumbwar with yourself . So if you're crazy, copy this onto your profile.
Try to have fun with life. You never know when it could end. If you believe in this saying, copy and paste into your profile.
Put this in your profile if you didn't know the Alphabet Song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star had the same tune.
I'm bored...If you're bored then paste this in your profile and let the world know you have nothing to do...
There are no sexualities. You love who you love and that's that. It's not restricted to one gender, no matter what gender it is. If you agree with me, copy & paste this into your profile.
When we were younger:
Before the MySpace frenzy...
Before the Internet & text messaging...
Before Sidekicks & iPods...
Before MIKE JONES...
Before PlayStation2 or X-BOX...
Before Spongebob . . .
...Back when you put off the 5 hours of homework you had every night.
Man, you didn’t even have homework.
When light up sneakers were cool.
When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs.
When gas was 0.95 a gallon & Caller ID was a new thing.
When we recorded stuff on VCRs & paid 3.50 for a movie.
When we called the radio station to request songs to hear off our walkmans.
When 2Pac and Biggie where alive.
When the Chicago Bulls were the best team ever.
When checking out drawing books and that one book about the rainbow fish from the library was THE cool thing to do.
Before we realized all this would eventually disappear
Who would have thought you'd miss the 90's so much!!
127 Ways To Know You're A 90's Kid!
You know you're a 90's kid when...
1. You can remember saying, "Talk to the hand!"
2. Your best comeback was, "I know you are, but what am I?"
3. If you ever injured yourself on a Slip N Slide
4. Your favorite show was Full House
5. You can finish this song... "In West Philidelphia, born and raised..."
6. You've ever finished a sentence with Psyche!
7. You can remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons
8. You remember when Kurt Cobain, 2Pac, River Phoenix, and Selena died.
9. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey from "Blossom" and that "How Rude!" comes from Stephanie from "Full House"
10. You begged for some GAK, and when you got that they came out with scented GAK, and when you got that they came out with funny scented GAK...
11. You remember reading "Goosebumps"
12. You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.
13. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence...Not...
14. You used to listen to the radio all day long just to record "Your FAVORITE song of ALL time"...with a tape recorder held up to the radio loL!!
15. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? was both a game and a TV game show.
16. Captain Planet.
17. You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green Ranger were meant to be together. (this was meant for young 80s children)
18. When playing power rangers with friends you fought over who got to be who...and still all ended up being Tommy.
19. You remember when super nintendo's became popular.
20. You always wanted to send in a tape to America's Funniest Home Videos... but never taped anything funny.
21. You remember watching home alone 1, 2 , and 3...and tried to pull the pranks on "intruders"
22. "I've fallen and I can't get up"
23. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates
24. Two words... Trapper Keeper.
25. "Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack, all dressed in black, black, black, with silver buttons, buttons, buttons, all down her back, back, back" SHE ASKED HER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER FOR FIFTY CENTS CENTS CENTS TO SEE THE ELEPHANTS PHANTS PHANTS JUMP OVER THE FENCE THE FENCE THE FENCE
26. You remember boom boxes vs. cd players
27. Writing M.A.S.H. notes.
You remember New Kids on The Block when they were cool
28. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell"
29. You played and/or collected "Pogs"
30. You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere
31. You watched the original Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Ninja Turtles
32. Yikes pencils and erasers were the stuff!
33. All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand.(pencils.notebooks.binders.etc.)
34. You remember when the new Beanie Babies and talking Elmo were always sold out.
35. You used to wear those stick on earings, not only on your ears, but at the corners of your eyes.
36. You remember a time before the WB.
37. You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"
38. You know the Macarena by heart.
39. "Talk to the hand" ... enough said
40. You always said, "Then why don't you marry it!"
41. If you played Nintendo 64.
42. used MSN Messenger 2.0
43. If you heard Cindy Crawford sang (in a commercial)... then acted in a movie.
44. If you know "Ice Ice baby" and "Can't touch this".
45. Jean Cluad Van Damn was doing a lot of movies where he played his own twin.
46. Steven Segal was slim and actually have a career.
47. Jennifer Lopez was a dancer for Janet Jackson.
48. If you thought there was no way Michael Jackson could get any weirder!
49. You've seen both fights between the iron Mike Tyson V.S The real deal Holyfield. And the ear bitting.
50. Wear your pants backward.
51. A lot of monkey in Pepsi commercial.
52. MTV single out?
53. Justin Timberlake wanted to be Nick Carter.
54. If you was listening to the O.J verdict.
55. Will Farrell was in Old school.
56. Adam Sander (not famous) was dating Shannon Dorthy (famous).
57. Michale Jordan was playing baseball. Then spacejam.
58. Beverly Hill 90210 and Kelly the hot blonde.
59. Christian Slater.
60. Bill Pullman got dump in every movie. Making a career out of that.
61. Pauly Shore, the weasel. Has anyone seen Biodome? I am sorry to hear that.
62. Has Kramer's t-shirt.
63. Know the lyric "I'll be there for you" from the series "Friends".
64. Ace Venture and who was that blonde chic in "The Mask"? Cameron who? Diaz? Cameron Diaz? Never heard of.
65. You knew that Backstreet Boys started the boy band craze!
66. You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, wax off"
67. You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
68. the pharse "finder keepers, losers weepers"
69. You remember when everyone went slinky crazy.
70. You remember when razor scooters were cool.
71. bill-nye the science guy.
72. MR RODGERS!!
74. lamb chop
75. original barney
76. When Toys R Us overuled the mall.
77. act like you didn't watch afro-king BOB ROSS paint trees on T.V.
78. DID I DO THAAAAAAAAAT??
79. when cops and robbers was a daily activity.
80. when we played Hide and go seek until our legs grew numb.
81. when we used to obey our parents
82. when everyhting was settled by: rock paper scissors, bubble gum bubble gum in a dish, ordaddy had a donkey inky binky bonky.
83. You remember watching: The Magic School Bus, Wishbone, and Reading Rainbow on PBS.
84. You remember when Yo-Yos were cool.
85. You remember those Where's Waldo books.
86. You remember eating Warheads.
87. You remember watching: the 1st Batman, Aladdin, Ninja Turtles, and3 Ninjas movies.
88. You remember Ring Pops.
89. You remember drinking Surge, and Tang.
90. Oh, oh, oh! and JOSTA!!
91. If you remember when every thing was "da BOMB!"
92. When they made the new lunchables so that you could make pizza AND tacos.
93. Making those little paper fortune cookie things, and then predicting your life with them.
94. You haven't always had a computer, and it was cool to have the internet.
95. And Windows 95 was the best.
96. You watched the original cartoons of Rugrats, Power Rangers, and Ninja Turtles.
97. Michael Jordan was a king.
98. Lambchop's song never ended.
99. The old dollar bills.
100. Silver dollars, which were cool to have.
101. You remember a time before the WB.
102. You collected all the Troll dolls
103. If you even know what an original walkman is.
104. You remember wanting to sit on the orange Nickelodeon couch.
105. You went to McDonald's to play in the playplace.
106. You remember playing on merry go rounds at the playground.
107. You've worn shorts and felt stylish
108. You wanted to be part of the Baby-Sitters club
109. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in kindergarten
110. You sang I Just Can't Wait To Be King and Hakuna Matata in kindergarten
111. You remember Alf, the little brown alien from Melmac and Vicki the Robot from "MY Little Wonder"
112. You used to pretend to be a MIGHTY MORPHIN Power Ranger and you owned a Skip It.
113. You thought it would be so cool to be Alex Mack.
114. You thought Brain woud finally take over the world
115. 2 words ... SPICE GIRLS
116. You can remember dance tunes such as "Mr. Vain"...
117. You remember watching Live and Kicking
118. You read "Shout," "Miss" and occassionally "J17!"
119. You remember that Polaroid cameras = instant pictures.
120. You remember falling asleep early at parties.
121. You would always want to play outside with your friends who lived in your neighborhood .. outside.
122. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
123. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
124. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
125. You owned Pokemon cards but you didn’t play.
126. "Miss Susie had a steam boat, the steam boat had a bell..miss suzie went to heaven the steamboat went to hell_o operator please give me number 9 and if you disnconnect me i'll kick you from behind the fridgerator, there was a piece of glass, miss suzie sat upon it and broke her little ass_k me no more questions, please tell me no more lies the boys are in the bathroom zipping up their flies, are in the cornfield the bees are in their hives ... miss suzie and her boyfriend are kissing in the D-A-R-K- D-A-R-K D-A-R-K dark dark dar dar da dark"
127. Who LOVES orange soda?? Keeeeeeel loves orange soda! Is it truuuuuuuue? Mhm hmm... I do I do I doooooooo...
Unsafe External Link