Poll: A most pressing question: Given the choice, where would you rather live? Vote Now!
Author has written 21 stories for Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Howl's Moving Castle, City of Dreaming Books, Harry Potter, Mulan, 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear, Star Trek: 2009, Library War, Sherlock, and Two Princesses of Bamarre.
[What time is it? Summertime.]
Greetings! I'm YesIEatQuiche. Also known as YIEQ ("yeek"). Voilà mon histoire.
What brings me to fanfiction? Like most everyone here, I’m obsessed with books and I get these odd ideas in my head that beg to be written down. Perhaps not like everyone here, I loathed writing for at least the first 15 years of my life. When my friends and I stumbled across AU Twilight fanfiction, things where forever changed. Yes, I started writing only as a joke and on a half-dare, but now I can safely say that I *gasp* enjoy writing
Who am I? Just an oddball equally obsessed with all things British, French, and Japanese. I dearly love to laugh and am easily amused by life. Any of my friends would tell you I have an odd sense of humor. Just go watch the first 6 episodes of Monty Python’s flying circus and you’ll see what I mean. As a result, my stories tend to be light and humorous, with a smidge (or more, let’s be honest) of romance. I like reading serious things (among others), but I have yet to write it well.
Who am I, more specifically? I’m a female college student studying chemical engineering. Surprised? Well, I don’t think I could make a career of writing. Gotta love science xD (no really, I do) Fanfiction is my outlet; I come here to play :D
Hmm what do I do on a particular day? Sometimes I pretend my life is a novel, other times I just imagine that my wizard chess set really moves. Sometimes I read, other times I make up dreams. Sometimes I drink tea and watch Masterpiece theatre and pretend I’m British. Sometimes I’m a bum on YouTube and watch A Very Potter Musical or Yugioh the Abridged Series or The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. Most of the time, I do homework.
Have a super-special-awesome day.
PS Check out the poll. It’s a rather important question, ne?
PPS If you have ever read Sanditon and Other Stories by Miss Jane Austen, PLEASE go comment on my forum. Nobody else has read them... T.T
PPSS Regardez: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmMGygdKl10 ...a Skip Beat mmv!
--THE BIBLIOPHILE’S FAVORITES—
--Favorite Authors (no particular order)
1. Walter Moers - Seriously this dude is amazing. He's German, and so far I've read The 13 and 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear, Rumo and His Miraculous Adventures, The City of Dreaming Books, and The Alchemaster's Apprentice. Forget Hogwarts, I want to live in Zamonia. Please read these so together we can write some Walter Moers fanfiction!!
2. Jane Austen - Any Jane Austen book. My favorite is Pride and Prejudice, then Emma. I also enjoyed Mansfield Park. I've read 'em ALL. Yes, even Sanditon, Lady Susan, and The Watsons (and several other novellas). It doesn't help that I inhale any other Austen related book...(ie- Enthusiasm, Darcy's Story, Austenland, The Darcy's Hold a Ball, The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Mr. Knightly's Diary, Mr. Bertram’s Diary, Mr. Darcy’s Diary, Mr. Darcy Vampyre, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...etc)--recently read a very VERY good Jane Austen spin off (usually they are quite lacking): The Intrigue at Highbury by Carrie Berbis. I need to check out her other stuff too; she's excellent. Basically the Darcy's go around to the other Jane Austen stories and solve mysteries!
3. Orson Scott Card – Have only read Ender’s Game and Speaker for the Dead so far, but they’re new favorites and I’m in the process of reading more of his works. His plot and characters are so beautifully crafted I always feel like I'm reading poetry! It may seem weird to describe sci-fi this way, but that's how it spoke to me. (despite his being an ass in real life, ugh)
4. Diana Wynne Jones – I respect her so much. She amazes me with her seemingly endless pool of ideas, uniquely flawed characters, and narrative style.
5. Susanna Clarke – author of Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell, one of my all-time favorite books. Think alternative history. Think magicians helping defeat Napoleon and bringing magic back to England. Think Jane Austen-esque narrative.
--Favorite Books (again, no particular order; just trying to stay organized here)
1. Harry Potter Series
2. Airborn and Skybreaker (Kenneth Oppel)
3. Fire and Graceling (Kristen Cashore; think Hunger Games, but better writing and more likeable characters…imo of course)
4. The Two Princesses of Bamarre (Gail Carson Levine)
5. Howl’s Moving Castle (Diana Wynne Jones)
6. The Chrestomanci Series (Diana Wynne Jones)
7. The 13 Lives of Captain Bluebear (Walter Moers)
8. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell (Susanna Clarke)
9. Emma (Jane Austen)
10. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
11. Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card; MY NEW FAVORITE BOOK – this statement is not made lightly)
12. The Hobbit (JRR Tolkien) [and the rest of the LOTR trilogy, but as of now I prefer the Hobbit]
13. Rebel Angels (Libba Bray)
14. I Capture the Castle (Doddie Smith)
15. The Chronicles of Narnia (CS Lewis)
16. The Dreamhunter Duet
17. Nine Stories (JD Salinger)
18. Bridget Jones’ Diary (Helen Fielding)
--Let’s Talk Manga/Anime (you know the drill – no real order)
1. Skip Beat (manga by Yoshiki Nakamura)
2. Tokyo Crazy Paradise (Nakamura sensei again)
3. The One (manhwa by Nicky Lee)
4. Library Wars: Love and War (manga adaptation by Kiiro Yumi)
6. Pokemon and Yugioh (ah, my childhood)
7. Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra
8. Any Miyazaki films
Rather obsessed with Fire Emblem and anything Zelda.
1. BBC Pride and Prejudice
2. Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow
3. BBC Emma
4. BBC Jane Eyre
5. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
6. Apollo 13
7. A Few Good Men
8. My Cousin Vinny
9. Sound of Music and Mary Poppins
10. Princess Diaries 1
11. When Harry Met Sally
12. Shrek and Shrek 2
13. Love Actually
14. Anything DISNEY. Soft spots for Aladdin, Mulan, Tangled, Ariel, Beauty and the Beast…Prince Phillip is the best though, hands down.
15. BRIDE AND PREJUDICE!!! (yay Bollywood)
16. Howl’s Moving Castle
17. O Brother Where Art Thou?
18. Shakespeare in Love
19. Star Trek 2009 version
20. Star Wars Episode 5, The Empire Strikes Back
21. Super 8
--Shows (as you can see, I invest more time in movies)
2. Adventure Time
3. Phineas and Ferb
4. Downton Abbey (kinda. While I enjoy this romp, I also approach it about the same as I would a soap opera. LOTS a grains a salt)
6. Star Trek TOS
7. SHERLOCK (omgomgomgomgomgomgomg) Can we just talk about how BBC just wins at EVERYTHING? As much as I fangirl over Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, they really do deserve the attention because they are astounding actors. And not just them. Literally all (yes all) of the Sherlock actors/actresses pack a punch (especially Andrew Scott and Mark Gatiss). I rewatch episodes just to watch their reactions. It's that good. Then there's the beautiful script, the perfect costumes, the lovely set designs, and the CINEMATOGRAPHY. Seriously, the things they do with the camera. I'm really clueless about these things, so for me to notice and be struck by it, its a big deal. In short, WIN ALL THE BAFTAS.
8. Kim Possible
9. Scooby Doo
(Ahh, cartoons = my childhood; no time to get sentimental and list them all here)
PM me if you feel like discussing any one of these
The Writing Corner:
my philosophy: only write when inspired
The Collinses- I've been hitting a wall with this one. It might get finished, it might not. PM me if you have suggestions. Definitely a summer project though.
In Which Howl Meets a Little Gray Mouse - My top priority. Chapter 14 is out! Now go leave a review so I can convince myself I didn't entirely forget how to write...
Mrs. Norris- I need to brush up on Mansfield Park before this goes any further.
When He Met Her- it will probably never be done, let's face it. New chapters to follow. Hopefully.
In Which a Wizard and Sorceror are Friends - Don't give up on it! It's high time to start brainstorming chapter 3.
In progress: BRAINSTORMIN.
Frolicking in HMC LAND
You've probably already noticed, but I like it here. If you are here because of In Which Howl Meets a Little Gray Mouse, you would probably enjoy my numerous HowlxSophie oneshots. There is no particular order really, though I suppose In Which There is Mistletoe happens first chronologically whereas In Which the Argument Goes too Far is the latest in the time line. Because I am fond of these oneshots, I'll just list 'em here.
In Which There is Mistletoe
In Which Howl Explains
In Which Distractions Abound
In Which There is Much Ado About Hair
Which Contains Hats
Which is Far Too Full of Sneezes
In Which the Argument Goes Too Far
[also, I have a HMC TPB crossover - In Which a Wizard and Sorcerer Are Friends. Howl and Rhys centric.
The Reading Corner:
Curently Reading: Still derping through Sherlock fics. Just finished Deep Secret by DWJ and Paper Towns by John Green which were EXCELLENT. Working on the marvelous Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan at the moment. 5/27/13
A Little Tangent
The reason I called the esteemed Jane Austen "Miss Jane Austen" is because of a biography I read on her. Sort of... Plain Austen or Jane is too informal as I never knew her (alas!) and Miss Austen refers to Cassandra (of course as she is the eldest and both remained unmarried). Miss Jane Austen is a bit of a mouthful, but I like it best. Jane Austen is also acceptable, but I like adding the "Miss" for funsies.
Reviews are greatly appreciated - they make me want to keep writing! Plus, if I don't get reviews I get really bored and am forced to submit bizarre little reviews of my own work - which for some reason you are allowed to do. Sooooo you should review so I don't have to ;P In all seriousness though I enjoy any feedback be it a few words or a massive paragraph. The goal is to improve here.
Still More Tangents
Reading journals are marvelous things. I started one a while back (you can buy them at any bookstore really) and it's so much fun! I get behind a bit, but I feel so accomplished when I look back at everything I've read haha. So yeah. Get one. They're awesome.
If you took the time to read my entire profile, then kudos to you ;D As always, happy writing! (Or reading :D)
Unsafe External Link