Poll: What story would you be interested in after BaH/BaH Part II? Three choices possible. Vote Now!
Author has written 9 stories for Naruto, Teen Wolf, Harry Potter, Kingdom Hearts, and Travelers.
Welcome to my profile, 2018 edition. My name is … well, not important – but you can call me Allie.
A few words about this profile: Nobody usually reads this shit except to enquire about hiatus or the state of a fic. So, to make this easier on you, I’ll structure this really, really neatly so everyone can go where they need to as quickly as possible.
Hiatus Status (it rhymes!): about 70% now that I've got a new job
Fics on indefinite hold:
1) The difference between trust and forgiveness – I like the premise but when I started it, I had no concept of where to go. I’ll need to rewrite/restructure that entire bitch first.
2) Whip Smart – same here: concept is nice, and I love writing Stiles’ pov, but I need a proper structure first. I was young; I needed the reviews:)
3) Flowers and Willows – Tenten is one of my favorite characters, so it won’t get abandoned per se. I just lost a bit of fervor for this topic so I’ll take a break.
Fics that are not my priority:
1) Blood and Milk –verse – this thing is not dead. In fact, I’ve written a big chunk of part three. It’ll come; don’t worry.
2) A Game of Chess – this is far too much fun to give up, but it’s shaping up to be a monster and I can’t do two of these at once. The Bonds and Hugs verse currently needs too much TLC to allow that.
3) Collision Course – I’ve actually written the last chapter of that already, so it’ll come. Problem is, I’m only 40 % sure how to get there and am currently not in the right mental place to work on it when some of my other fics show a lot more creative pay-off with less work.
1) Of Cutting Cords and Forging Chains – I have no idea how long it’ll take me to finish this beast. At least another 50 chapters is my guess, because I don’t know how to properly end things (just like Kishi … oops). But we’re getting there someday.
Now for the boring part: about me and my writing.
I’m a 26 year old translator (English/German) and editor.
My hobbies are baking, writing, music, and researching obscure stuff, so I have semi-useful, approximate knowledge of very many things. If you ever stumble on excessively detailed descriptions of … stuff (whatever) in my fics – that’s the reason; I had one of my phases, went on a research binge and had to incorporate the mostly useless knowledge somewhere.
My updating schedule: There isn’t one. My creativity is erratic and sporadic. I’ll possibly update four chapters a week and then suddenly nothing for two months. I can’t control it in the least and have zero patience to finish a story first and then post it. I make everything up as I go along – the BaH-verse is possibly the most planned work I’ve ever written, though that only means I have a bazillion ideas that might possibly work well together.
Random other things: I’m a Hufflepuff, RPG aficionado, and online quiz fan.
My thoughts on humor: I don’t like crack or slapstick. My sense of humor is pretty subtle, kind of dark and also a little mean. Occasionally crude for effect. You might not find me funny; in fact most of my comedic effect is based on nobody laughing, which makes it even funnier. Chances are that a lot of my characters will be that way.
My thoughts on romance and pairings: I’m asexual, which skews my views on romance from the norm. Most romances I find incredibly shallow, because they’re centered around some sort of instant attraction which I don’t understand … - but can’t help but feel seems like a pretty feeble thing. I don’t want my characters to fall in love because of the vague notion that they might want to intimately touch a total stranger (who might look pretty but possibly also rarely changes their underwear and never tips the waiter). That’s why romance happens only far, far into my stories and is based on partnership and mutual understanding. Love through friendship, in short. It’s also why I write shippy friendships – for me the ideal friend could very well be an ideal romantic partner, but isn’t for some other reason (e.g. attraction, which I do try to factor in).
My thoughts on gore and violence: I don’t mind either. I’ve only ever read one fanfiction that really made me nauseous, because it was about torture for torture’s sake – you won’t find that here. I do appreciate the effects of well described gore and psychological horror to make my reader sympathize with and fear for my character. That being said, I go for effect. That means I won’t amp up the horror to 120% if 20% will do just as well; I’m fluffy at heart and don’t want you become numb to my tactics either:P
My thoughts on fluff: Yes. Ooh yes.
Link to my tumblr: rosestopaint . tumblr . com /
Link to my AO3 profile: archiveofourown . org / users / rosestopaint/profile
Link to my deviantart: meloncupcake . deviantart . com
Uchiha Hisana by Pretend Fiction – thank you so very much! http: // whorianhavilliard . tumblr . com / post / 132705228183 / uchiha-hisana-in-of-bonds-and-hugs-like-chokeholds
My Challenge (Guilty Pleasure Writing Challenge, Naruto Edition)
I challenge myself to write every cliché fic type that I used to love when my grasp on the English language (and fiction as a whole) was still tenuous enough to enjoy them. I'd also love to know what yours are!
1) Self-insert / OC-insert: Of Bonds and Hugs like Chokeholds
2) Time travel
3) Crossover (with Harry Potter): A Game of Chess
4) The Gamer AU
5) Gender bender