Poll: What's your favorite Les Miz couple? Vote Now!
Author has written 14 stories for Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Les Miserables, Charles Dickens, and Outsiders.
Hello. I'm Mandy. I love Les Mis, opera, literature, and Mother Earth. This is my profile and I hope you enjoy my stories!
Favorite Operas: La Boheme, Madama Butterfly, La Traviata, Carmen, Don Pasquale, Orfeo ed Euridice, Iphigenie en Tauride, Don Giovanni, Der Rosenkavalier, Die Zauberflote
Favorite Musicals:LES MISERABLES!!, Rent, A Tale of Two Cities, Avenue Q, The Scarlet Pimpernel, The Phantom of the Opera, Jekyll & Hyde, Man of La Mancha, Fiddler on the Roof, Miss Saigon, Oklahoma, Next to Normal, Spamalot, Sweeney Todd
Favorite Books:Les, Tale of 2 Cities, The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, The Scarlet Pimpernel, The Count of Monte Cristo, Dracula, Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde, Wuthering Heights, Candide, The Scarlet Letter, Crime and Punishment, War And Peace, Great Expectations, The Inferno, The Iliad, anything Edgar Allan Poe, Emma, The Phantom of the Opera, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Red and the Black, Don Quixote, To Kill a Mockingbird
Beware! From here down everything will have to do with Les Miz. You have been warned.
Funniest Moment that made me think of Les Miz:I was listening to the radio and "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz came on. The part where he says "I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror," made me double over laughing, thinking of Jolllly. :)
Top 10 things For Non-Mizzies to know so as not to offend their Mizzy friend:
10. Les Miz is about the 1832 STUDENT REVOLUTION!! NOT THE FRENCH REVOLUTION!! If you want the French Rev. you belong in the Scarlet Pimpernel fandom (P.S. Love you, Percy!)
9. The musical Les Miserables never was, never has, and never will be written by Andrew Lloyd Webber (he wishes). All credits for the musical go to Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg.
8. A large number of people do die in Les Mis, for one main reason. It's because the plot of Les Mis involves a barricade...and people fight on barricades...with guns. If you don't understand this there's not much I can do.
7. Les Miserables is NOT a depressing opera. If it's "too sad" or "too operatic" for you, you have obviously no experience in life. And one day life will hit you REALLY hard. And I will be there to say "I told you that you should've seen Les Miz."
6. Javert is NOT the "bad guy." The only time he will ever be the "bad guy" is when he forgets The Nightstick:)
5. All together now! It's pronounced "Lay Miz-ur-AHBl"!!
4. No one has the right to think that Zac Efron should even be considered for the role of Enjolras.
3. Canon = True to the book "Les Miserables" written by the amazing genius, Victor Hugo.
2. Yes, there is a difference between the OLC, the CSR, and the OBC!
1. Do not, I repeat DO NOT!! make a Mizzy angry. Consequences will be deadly.
Favorite characters: -All of Les Amis, because they're awesome
-Valjean, because he's like 19th century Superman
-Gavroche, because I enjoy singing his songs
-M. Mabeuf, because we're like the same person
-Pretty much everyone else. Amazingly enough, I really don't hate anyone.
Favorite Pairings -MariusxCosette, because let's face it they're adorable!
-EnjolrasxGrantaire, because we all squee-d during The Hug
-JolyxMusichetta(xBossuet), because it's undeniable
-Anyone else that's reasonably OTP.
My Current Les Mis Playlist: -There Is Life Outside Your Apartment from Avenue Q (For Marius)
-Swim by Jack's Mannequin (For basically everyone)
-Winter Born (This Sacrifice) by The Cruxshadows (For Enjolras. Really it's the most Enjolraic song...ever.)
-Aquarius from Hair (for Les Amis)
-Brother, My Brother from The Civil War (for Combeferre!)
-The Avenue Q Theme from Avenue Q (again, for everyone)
-Blister In The Sun by Violent Femmes (for Courfeyrac)
-Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance (for Marius, Les Amis, and Valjean)
-Ariadne by The Cruxshadows (for Fantine)
-Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life from Spamalot (Bossuet, probably...or even the Bishop...)
-Sophia by The Cruxshadows (definitely Enjolras, maybe Valjean, possibly Javert at parts)
-Santa Fe from Rent (I don't know, I always think "Combeferre!" when I hear this...maybe Tholomyes...)
-I Really Like Him from Man of La Mancha (100% Grantaire)
-Spinning by Jack's Mannequin (For Valjean)
-Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls (definitely Grantaire...and Marius I guess)
-Fantasies Come True from Avenue Q (The Rod/Nicky part for Enjolras and Grantaire, Kate/Princeton for Marius and Cosette)
-Falcon In The Dive from The Scarlet Pimpernel (For Javert)
-Rent from Rent (definitely Marius and Courfeyrac)
-Perfect by The Cruxshadows (Just like Winter Born is the most Enjolraic song, this song is the most Grantairical song...ever)
-Another Day from Rent (Maybe Marius and Eponine, though not in a shipping way, just...yeah...)
-What Do You Do With A B.A. In English/It Sucks To Be Me from Avenue Q (For Prouvaire, though a little Marius-esque in some ways, and everyone can sing the 'It Sucks To Be Me' part at some point.)
-Good Feeling by Violent Femmes (For Marius...maybe Joly)
-Tell My Father from The Civil War (For Marius)
-Bui Doi from Miss Saigon (For Combeferre, it's really his barricade speech in song...and it's also kind of for Gavroche and his brothers)
-21 Guns by Green Day (For Grantaire)
And there you have it. Next on the agenda...
Unsafe External Link